Bmw 1

Bmw 1. BMW 1 Series Convertible
  • BMW 1 Series Convertible



  • Multimedia
    Oct 26, 01:55 PM
    I highly doubt this will be a simple swap.Simple swap has already been tested and confirmed to work in early September by Anandtech (http://www.anandtech.com/mac/showdoc.aspx?i=2832&p=6). The Clovertowns are quite expensive,Not really. The 2.66GHz Clovertown lists @ $1172 vs. $851 for both the 2.33GHz Clovertown and the 3GHz Woodie. Since Apple charges +$800 for a 3GHz Dual Woodie, this means they will likely charge only +$1100 for the 2.66GHz Dual Clovertown - total $3599. Hardly expensive at all. I'd say they are going to be a bargain and LESS EXPENSIVE when you look at the per core price of $450 - or PLUS $275 for each of four more cores.not to mention slower in terms of raw clock speed, so expect it to be a high priced upgrade.2.66GHz is not significantly slower than 3GHz - especially when the workload can be shared among many more.

    Clarification: If Apple asks for +$1400 or $3999 they will still sell like hotcakes and be a huge hit. So NO they are not going to be TOO Expensive because there is no such thing as too expensive in this market.

    I feel like I am having to explain this market to home user drop-ins who have nothing to do with why we need these 8-core Mac Pros. So they are oblivious to why anyone would even want one much less pay so much for one.





    Bmw 1. BMW Z4
  • BMW Z4



  • firewood
    Apr 28, 06:20 PM
    I want it to be like a PC, a Mac or a Laptop.

    Why should Apple care what you want it to be like when they know what more people actually buy? More people purchased iPads last quarter than MacBooks or iMacs. And reports are the most of those iPad were used for exactly the same kinds of things that most PCs are actually used for.

    Ya know, mainframe and minicomputer companies used to call personal computers toys, not real computers. How can it be a real computer without a punched card reader and a line printer?

    The vast majority of those mainframe and minicomputer companies no longer exist.





    Bmw 1. A BMW 1-series facelift?
  • A BMW 1-series facelift?



  • cwelsh
    Apr 21, 08:57 AM
    So are you going to tell me that paying for tethering ON TOP OF DATA YOU ALREADY PAID FOR is fair? Data is data is data... 4gb is 4gb no matter how I use it. Tethering cost are a joke!:mad: /end rant

    You are joking right?

    Nope. Whether it is fair or not is a completely different topic (I personally feel it is not) but that is what you agreed to in your contract, which specifically states the normal data plans data does not apply to tethering.

    I liken this to numerous DLC that appears in videogames today. Often the additonal content is stored on the disk so when you buy the game (data) you technically have bought the DLC already but in order to access it (much like tethering) you need to pay a fee.

    I'm not looking to get into a philosophical war over the fairness of tethering, i'm just offering my opinions based on the contract and agreement i've signed.





    Bmw 1. 2010 mw 1 series
  • 2010 mw 1 series



  • Cutwolf
    Mar 18, 11:57 AM
    I agree.

    I completely understand the idea that unlimited data should have to pay for tethering, although I think there should just be a cap prior to additional charges like verizon does.

    What I dont understand is how they think charging tiered data customers for tethering is fair.

    Who cares about fair?

    I'm going to tether til they change my plan, and when they do, cancel with no ETF, and use the money I would have spent paying the ETF on clear spot 4g+.





    Bmw 1. BMW expects the 1-series to
  • BMW expects the 1-series to



  • arkitect
    Apr 15, 11:52 AM
    Erroneous idea to you, but that's just like, your opinion, man.

    Demonstrably not true? That's funny, I keep looking in my church bulletin for some fun anti-gay rallies or barbeques but I'm not finding them. I do find that the Catholic high school is going to have a conference on preventing anti-gay bullying, gasp! I bet they're going to pull out that old chestnut from the Catechism, "They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity."

    SO MUCH HATE!
    Not so much hate as intolerance.

    Since you insist on not telling the whole story I'll then do it for you.

    The CCC (CATECHISM OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH):
    Your quote (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=12397686&postcount=184) above from paragraph 2358 is bracketed by:
    2357 Homosexuality refers to relations between men or between women who experience an exclusive or predominant sexual attraction toward persons of the same sex. It has taken a great variety of forms through the centuries and in different cultures. Its psychological genesis remains largely unexplained. Basing itself on Sacred Scripture, which presents homosexual acts as acts of grave depravity,141 tradition has always declared that "homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered."142 They are contrary to the natural law. They close the sexual act to the gift of life. They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity. Under no circumstances can they be approved.

    2359 Homosexual persons are called to chastity. By the virtues of self-mastery that teach them inner freedom, at times by the support of disinterested friendship, by prayer and sacramental grace, they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection.

    If the Catholic Church was truly accepting, please tell why only homosexuals are called to chastity?
    I am genuinely interested to hear.





    Bmw 1. The BMW 1 Series is once again
  • The BMW 1 Series is once again



  • mpstrex
    Aug 30, 11:09 AM
    Something just dawned on me. Like when Macrumors (or someone) posted that Rush Limbaugh was selling his broadcasts for MP3 players, people here were divided. And it's the same thing with Greenpeace. We're fighting over idealistic opinions.

    Maybe we should focus our attention on fighting for the Apple and all its greatness (and some not-so-great things), instead of against each other.





    Bmw 1. BMW 1-Series Lifestyle Edition
  • BMW 1-Series Lifestyle Edition



  • DiamondMac
    Mar 18, 01:35 PM
    No in the TOS it states there is a limit to unlimited (5gb), deceptive.


    As several others have said, SHOW us where it says that. Please





    Bmw 1. BMW 1 Series Review
  • BMW 1 Series Review



  • Sounds Good
    Apr 6, 07:56 AM
    Okay... thanks, guys. To be honest, it looks like there are more differences than I thought there would be -- so I'm glad I asked.

    Like I said, I've got some thinkin' to do. :)





    Bmw 1. 2008 Bmw 1 Series Cabrio
  • 2008 Bmw 1 Series Cabrio



  • rasmasyean
    Mar 11, 10:17 PM
    Wikipedia seems to be kept up to date. If you have something new, maybe you guys can add it to this...if someone didn't beat you to it. ;)

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Sendai_earthquake_and_tsunami





    Bmw 1. BMW 1 Series Coupé
  • BMW 1 Series Coupé



  • beatle888
    Mar 20, 08:24 PM
    I think it's a great convenience. I'm just saying that the inevitable wrath-of-God response from Apple is somewhat unwarranted.


    somewhat unwarranted? so apple should be passive, lay like a female dog and just take it in submissive glory? i think steves more of a man.





    Bmw 1. 2007 Bmw 1 Series Tii Concept
  • 2007 Bmw 1 Series Tii Concept



  • FX120
    Mar 13, 02:09 PM
    It's hard to be a fan of anything on this planet that is capable of destroying the planet.
    What?





    Bmw 1. black BMW 1 Series e81.
  • black BMW 1 Series e81.



  • mac jones
    Mar 12, 04:53 AM
    You had said "it was just some hydrogen tanks which exploded" and mac jones seemed concerned that the whole reactor had blown up. I was just adding some updates to the thread which seemed to make more sense of the situation based on the limited information available.

    Sorry if it wasn't up to scratch.


    How do you know what is was?. I don't have a clue. If you really know post it. I'd LOVE to get this sorted out as i'm a bit worried now.





    Bmw 1. 2008 AC Schnitzer BMW 1-Series
  • 2008 AC Schnitzer BMW 1-Series



  • MacRumors
    Jul 14, 02:03 PM
    http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)

    Apple's forthcoming Mac Pro will sport dual Optical Drive slots, if a recent report from AppleInsider (http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=1886) pans out. In addition, the power supply is rumored to be moved from the bottom of the enclosure to the top. Otherwise, the enclosure would remain largely unchanged from today's PowerMac G5 design.

    ThinkSecret currently believes (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/07/20060704122932.shtml) the Mac Pro enclosure change will be a more radical departure from the present design to signify the processor change.

    Also mentioned in the article is an independent report of possible specifications for the new machines with the "Best" configuration topping out at two 2.66 Ghz Xeon processors. This anonymous source sent possible specs for the Mac Pro to both MacRumors and Appleinsider, and while the validity of the specs are uncertain, the anonymous specs also independently claimed the new Mac Pro would have two optical drives.





    Bmw 1. BMW 1
  • BMW 1



  • Multimedia
    Oct 25, 10:42 PM
    If it's a simple swap of processors, then I would believe the rumors. :) 8-cores, wow! Much much faster than anyone anticipated.Bulletin. Many thousands of us knew it would be this soon. :)





    Bmw 1. BMW 1-series
  • BMW 1-series



  • nbs2
    Aug 29, 12:06 PM
    I'm sure that if I cared about Greenpeace, I might care about this news. But honestly, I really could not care less about them. So I don't care.

    People like you (who don't give a rat's a$$ about environmental issues) are exactly what the world needs more of at this point in time.
    Not caring about the morons at GP, PETA, etc has nothing to do with the underlying issues. I care about eating a good hamburger, but McD's "can suck my left toe."





    Bmw 1. Hartge offers BMW 1-Series
  • Hartge offers BMW 1-Series



  • balamw
    Apr 6, 12:06 PM
    Don't help evil screw Joe.

    If Joe has already gotten past the FUD from the vast majority of Windows oriented sources to come here, and seriously consider a Mac, this won't dissuade him as there is plenty of positive in the thread.

    There's plenty of FUD out there. Macs are only good for dummies (It's Unix under the hood, plenty of serious power there), Macs are underspecced and overpriced (Not really by the time you compare apples to apples), Macs can't do X or Y (Especially since they run Windows they can do anything a Windows box can), ... By the time you are seriously considering a Mac you've got to be beyond that.

    B





    Bmw 1. The BMW 1 Series is a blend of
  • The BMW 1 Series is a blend of



  • BlizzardBomb
    Jul 14, 02:12 PM
    2003: "In 12 months, we'll be at 3GHz".
    Mid 2006: "I want to talk about 2.66GHz" although 4 cores running at 2.66GHz (Yum! :D ).





    Bmw 1. 2009 BMW 1 Series Coupe
  • 2009 BMW 1 Series Coupe



  • AppleScruff1
    Apr 20, 09:00 PM
    Why is it that hard to understand? Because every OS has files that users should not and could not touch. OS/X is not an exception to this rule. Showing these files to users in file manager generally makes user life more difficult. What's the point of seeing them if you can not do anything about them? Also, it reduces the chance of doing something stupid with these files accidentally (like removing).
    Windows has an option to hide such files. OS/X does not.

    So OSX allows user access to all critical files with no option to hide?





    Bmw 1. The exterior of the BMW 1
  • The exterior of the BMW 1



  • Liquorpuki
    Mar 14, 12:16 PM
    The US is actually in a very good position to switch towards much more renewable energy while at the same time, upgrading our aging infrastructure. That said, what we lack is the political will and political capital to actually push such initiatives.

    Look up State RPS and DOE programs. Legislation has been in place for awhile. Here in CA, we had a 33% renewables mandated by 2020 law passed in 2006. The problem isn't political. It's financial and technological. Financial because most of these renewables are way more expensive and require rate hikes. Technological because energy storage sucks and most of these renewables can't be used for base load.

    Nuclear is not a necessity in the US like it MAY (I say may because I am skeptical but will take your word for it) be in Japan, and I think the current crisis going on there should make us seriously stop and think for a minute. The combination of wind, solar, tidal and geo-thermal could be quite effective here. Especially when you start consider the option of offshore wind farms which they have already approved in some parts of the NE.

    Wind and solar can't cover base load. Tidal is too small in capacity. Geothermal is speculated to have the potential to cover only 10% of US capacity by 2050 and that's assuming demand won't skyrocket due to electric vehicles (which it will). That's also too small in capacity. For the US, there is no other option for base load generation other than coal, nuclear, or combined cycle natural gas. So all the replace nuclear/coal with green talk doesn't work.

    I'm kinda dumbfounded that electrical use in the US would be climbing when:

    * Lighting, computers, insulation, and hvac systems have all been dramatically improved in the last 20 years. Dramatically.
    * Our population growth rate.. oh wait. all those ****** people on the internet that act like you've gotta be ****** around and having kids all the time or you're a loser....

    nevermind!

    20 years ago, you didn't have 3 TV's in every home. Wait til Electric Vehicles become mainstream.





    heisetax
    Jul 12, 08:32 AM
    Yeah, I hope apple lower their price point for the pro models. It is way too much. I love mac computer, but come on; the prices vs the PC suckass.

    I know Macs are way better then PC, but PCs are good tool too.


    Unless Apple bucks their own trend of charging more for the Intel Mac replacements over the G4/G5 units, we may be in for a rather large increase at the higher end on up. Intel processors cost more than G4/G5 processors. The high end of any processor costs a lot more than the slower ones of the same type. Does all of this add up to price decreases or price increases? As much as I would like to see a price decrease, to me that just does not add up.

    Bill the TaxMan





    mdriftmeyer
    Apr 28, 08:35 AM
    Almost all of that is due to the iPad. They had around 4% of the global market for computers last year.

    Apple sold 820K+ more Macs in Q2 2011 over Q2 2010. You want to dismiss the halo effect that's your business.

    Apple sold 3.76 million Macs during the quarter Q2 2011. [http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2011/04/20results.html]
    Apple sold 2.94 million Macintosh� computers during the quarter Q2 2010. [http://images.apple.com/euro/cemea_en/pr/library/2010/04/20results.pdf]

    Come Q2 2012 we'll see that increase more than double year of year putting the Macs sold nearing 5.5+ million for Q2 2012. Of course, it will look small next to the 15 million iPads, but only a fool would think 5.5+ million in a quarter of Macs is small.

    Face it. The trend lines of the top 3 is down, not up.





    Spectrum
    Aug 29, 01:09 PM
    And do I care? Nah. Not one bit.
    That doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Send my regards to your great-grandchildren will you?





    iphonetester
    Oct 7, 04:24 PM
    I will not be surprised. This is similar to what happened to Apple and PC makers back in the days. Just the sheer volume of PC producers finally lifted Windows above OS X. I believe similar trend will follow on for mobile market. More and more phone makers will adopt Android or Windows Mobile and overtake Iphone OS.





    RedReplicant
    Apr 5, 05:30 PM
    One off the top of my head is that everything costs money application wise, there is very little freeware.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment