Rodimus Prime
May 4, 11:54 AM
And why is this on mac rumors.
Does it really matter what the competition does.
Well seeing how in 6 pages I have yet to see the logical answer to this I will give it.
It is because it shows the US carries are cracking down on tethering and going after them.
Now there is still an easy way to get said apps threw market with out sideload.
Put your phone in airplane mode. Then turn on wifi and boom full market access while in airplane mode.
Does it really matter what the competition does.
Well seeing how in 6 pages I have yet to see the logical answer to this I will give it.
It is because it shows the US carries are cracking down on tethering and going after them.
Now there is still an easy way to get said apps threw market with out sideload.
Put your phone in airplane mode. Then turn on wifi and boom full market access while in airplane mode.
SMM
Oct 20, 08:24 PM
and then there will be numerous viruses for the mac that will be unleashed into the wild.
and then norton will have numerous profits from mac viruses, along with windows viruses.
the two bad news i'm worried most from this.
aside from that, means more games , and software support along with hardware support should be increasing as well which are good.
it seems that most of the profits came from college students and travelers, as hh has noted. i thought the imac had strong sales, but it's easy to see why the notebook familly has such good sales.
oh, and i hope the laptops won't get any thinner. apple's having a big problem with cooling their laptops already. it's not worth having so much problems by cutting a few mms off the height.
Yes, the common belief is that the only reason Apple, Unix, Linux is spared from viruses is because of their market share. Quite frankly, I am not buying that. There would be more notoriety in being the first to exploit the Fort Knox of virus security. There is a good reason these systems are hard to crack, and Unix people know this. Your average pimply-faced little prick does not have the wherewithal to defeat a Unix system. By the time they can figure it out, they usually have jobs and 401K's. Of course, this does not account for the professional virus/malware creators who work for Norton, McAfee, and the rest. After all, there is no reason to buy their products, if there is no need to do so. None of them have been caught, so it is just 'conspiracy theory'. Eventually, one of their 'black ops' folk will realize the incredible wealth, and fame to be gained by exposing this. It will come out.
and then norton will have numerous profits from mac viruses, along with windows viruses.
the two bad news i'm worried most from this.
aside from that, means more games , and software support along with hardware support should be increasing as well which are good.
it seems that most of the profits came from college students and travelers, as hh has noted. i thought the imac had strong sales, but it's easy to see why the notebook familly has such good sales.
oh, and i hope the laptops won't get any thinner. apple's having a big problem with cooling their laptops already. it's not worth having so much problems by cutting a few mms off the height.
Yes, the common belief is that the only reason Apple, Unix, Linux is spared from viruses is because of their market share. Quite frankly, I am not buying that. There would be more notoriety in being the first to exploit the Fort Knox of virus security. There is a good reason these systems are hard to crack, and Unix people know this. Your average pimply-faced little prick does not have the wherewithal to defeat a Unix system. By the time they can figure it out, they usually have jobs and 401K's. Of course, this does not account for the professional virus/malware creators who work for Norton, McAfee, and the rest. After all, there is no reason to buy their products, if there is no need to do so. None of them have been caught, so it is just 'conspiracy theory'. Eventually, one of their 'black ops' folk will realize the incredible wealth, and fame to be gained by exposing this. It will come out.
kevinliu4
Oct 11, 05:25 AM
initially i was skeptical of the design as i was wondering how anyone is supposed to hold this thing (while watching video) without blocking the screen. then i realised when i use the ipod to watch video, it's usually resting on a table (at work) or in my palm (on the train). i don't actually watch video while i'm walking down the street for example.
however, i think with a virtual touch screen click wheel, the screen of the ipod is gonna be a mess in no time...fingerprint city. i also have visions of me forgetting to click hold as i wipe the screen to remove the finger prints, then inadvertently blasting my ears off as the volume on the virtual wheel goes up. i dunno. having said that, can't wait to see it!
however, i think with a virtual touch screen click wheel, the screen of the ipod is gonna be a mess in no time...fingerprint city. i also have visions of me forgetting to click hold as i wipe the screen to remove the finger prints, then inadvertently blasting my ears off as the volume on the virtual wheel goes up. i dunno. having said that, can't wait to see it!
WildPalms
Jan 15, 04:10 PM
iPhone and Touch: Stay jailbroken.
MBA: Sexy but no use to me.
The rest: Meh...
That pretty much summarizes my feelings too :(
MBA: Sexy but no use to me.
The rest: Meh...
That pretty much summarizes my feelings too :(
more...
MagnusVonMagnum
May 3, 06:13 AM
??? Actually, those first versions of Windows were the only ones with names based on the version number.
Although, I can't make out what either of you are saying.
Egad. No sense of humor around here at all. I'm not 'saying' anything, just making a jab at the wording of a previous poster's wording (i.e. Windows7 took 7 years to get right, which is silly sounding when OSX has been at that 'version' for 10+ years. Now do some of you get it? Ragging on Windows7 (based on 'vista' which is only 5 years old by release date, although obviously started earlier internally (i.e. the 7 year old date makes no sense to begin with) and it's really based on NT which is 18 years old) when OSX is older (released for 10+ years and based on NeXT Step (NOT OS9) which is MUCH older (1985) than Windows period and that's based on Unix which is literally ancient in the tech world (1969). So no matter how you look at it, a comment that makes fun of Windows7' age versus OSX is ironic/funny/silly. That's the joke I saw. How silly of me to think people would 'get it'. :rolleyes:
Although, I can't make out what either of you are saying.
Egad. No sense of humor around here at all. I'm not 'saying' anything, just making a jab at the wording of a previous poster's wording (i.e. Windows7 took 7 years to get right, which is silly sounding when OSX has been at that 'version' for 10+ years. Now do some of you get it? Ragging on Windows7 (based on 'vista' which is only 5 years old by release date, although obviously started earlier internally (i.e. the 7 year old date makes no sense to begin with) and it's really based on NT which is 18 years old) when OSX is older (released for 10+ years and based on NeXT Step (NOT OS9) which is MUCH older (1985) than Windows period and that's based on Unix which is literally ancient in the tech world (1969). So no matter how you look at it, a comment that makes fun of Windows7' age versus OSX is ironic/funny/silly. That's the joke I saw. How silly of me to think people would 'get it'. :rolleyes:
Hephaestus
Mar 18, 04:23 AM
Thanks for the responses guys, pretty much reinforces what I originally thought. Somebody actually owned themself yesterday, he kept going on about how Android phones get apps for free. " I got angry birds for free but you paid for it", when I asked him to show me Angry Birds running on his HTC it was running at around 2FPS, the lag made my eyes bleed. Lol It all turned very silent after that.
more...
AppliedVisual
Oct 17, 11:01 AM
HD DVD for movies and Blu-Ray for data. Problem solved.
Um, no....
At 30GB max on HD-DVD, even with a good VC1 transfer, 3 hour and longer features must start sacrificing quality to fit. In other words, films like "Titanic" are going to run into the same shortcomings on HD-DVD as they did with DVD.
There's other reasons to choose BluRay and this whole format war would be compltely non-existant had Sony released their product nearly a year ago when they first promised and if it had actually worked. Now they keep fumbling the ball and losing out to an inferior format at every turn.
In the end, we'll see universal players as a solution, but I doubt HD-DVD vs. BluRay will be solved before the next big format comes along. All the pieces are in place to manufacture a universal player, but Sony's Blu-Ray licensing agreements specifically forbid the inclusion of support for HD-DVD, DVD-Audio and other competing formats on the same device. It's questionable whether or not this is legal, Sony and Philips tried it with DVD+R and the exclusive licensing failed. It will only be a matter of time before someone challenges the Sony licensing. Unfortunately, the few companies already in the best position to produce a universal player (Samsung, Panasoic, LG, etc...) are already Blu-Ray allies. So it may take a bit more time.
Personally, I would rather just have digital downloads from a high speed download service and store them on my own storage whether it is on DVDs, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD as data. For large downloads, I would like to go to a local video store and download them to my laptop using Firewire 800/400 or USB but that is probably too far in the future.
Direct downloads would definitely be welcome, as long as there is the option to write them to some form of tangible media like an optical disc. There's also the issue of download times and quality. A top-notch VC1 transfer on HD-DVD or BluRay at 1080p is going to occupy 25+ GB of space. That's a significant download for any conventional broadband connection. VC1 or H.264 versions of films at near-DVD quality like we'll find in the iTunes store are OK compared to DVD and are a good start, but I think we're still just a couple years away from it really happening with HD on a broad scale. The infrastructure is being constructed now, products like iTV, iPod and yes even the Zune, will pave the way for this to happen. So we're on our way...
I think ultimately what will happen is films/videos will become entirely on-demand. Users will be able to connect directly to major studios and have on-demand access to their entire catalog of every film ever created. Sites like iTunes will still serve a purpose as a portal or gateway to access multiple catalogs from different studios all in one place with a common interface. Probably still several years off and broadband and widespread wireless access methods need to be enhanced a bit, but this is no doubt where we're headed.
Um, no....
At 30GB max on HD-DVD, even with a good VC1 transfer, 3 hour and longer features must start sacrificing quality to fit. In other words, films like "Titanic" are going to run into the same shortcomings on HD-DVD as they did with DVD.
There's other reasons to choose BluRay and this whole format war would be compltely non-existant had Sony released their product nearly a year ago when they first promised and if it had actually worked. Now they keep fumbling the ball and losing out to an inferior format at every turn.
In the end, we'll see universal players as a solution, but I doubt HD-DVD vs. BluRay will be solved before the next big format comes along. All the pieces are in place to manufacture a universal player, but Sony's Blu-Ray licensing agreements specifically forbid the inclusion of support for HD-DVD, DVD-Audio and other competing formats on the same device. It's questionable whether or not this is legal, Sony and Philips tried it with DVD+R and the exclusive licensing failed. It will only be a matter of time before someone challenges the Sony licensing. Unfortunately, the few companies already in the best position to produce a universal player (Samsung, Panasoic, LG, etc...) are already Blu-Ray allies. So it may take a bit more time.
Personally, I would rather just have digital downloads from a high speed download service and store them on my own storage whether it is on DVDs, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD as data. For large downloads, I would like to go to a local video store and download them to my laptop using Firewire 800/400 or USB but that is probably too far in the future.
Direct downloads would definitely be welcome, as long as there is the option to write them to some form of tangible media like an optical disc. There's also the issue of download times and quality. A top-notch VC1 transfer on HD-DVD or BluRay at 1080p is going to occupy 25+ GB of space. That's a significant download for any conventional broadband connection. VC1 or H.264 versions of films at near-DVD quality like we'll find in the iTunes store are OK compared to DVD and are a good start, but I think we're still just a couple years away from it really happening with HD on a broad scale. The infrastructure is being constructed now, products like iTV, iPod and yes even the Zune, will pave the way for this to happen. So we're on our way...
I think ultimately what will happen is films/videos will become entirely on-demand. Users will be able to connect directly to major studios and have on-demand access to their entire catalog of every film ever created. Sites like iTunes will still serve a purpose as a portal or gateway to access multiple catalogs from different studios all in one place with a common interface. Probably still several years off and broadband and widespread wireless access methods need to be enhanced a bit, but this is no doubt where we're headed.
DeSnousa
Apr 29, 01:04 AM
Thanks for posting, looks scary but I like it! You planning on getting GPUs for the AMD systems? How do AMD processors go at f@h? Imagine if you got some GT260s on the 4 AMD systems :eek:
more...
DTphonehome
Oct 19, 04:37 PM
Dividends, yes that would be a good idea, what with $10 billion in cash on hand. Microsoft finally decided that their cash horde was becoming a bit of an embarrassment and declared one.
Seriously, the more I think about it, the more upset I am that they aren't offering one. I mean, what the heck are they goint to do with $10 billion? Even the most aggressive expansion and R&D strategy doesn't justify holding onto that. And it would be a great way to offset any damage from the options fiasco. And it would boost the shares 5% (at least) on announcement. They USED to pay a dividend (1987-1995). It's time to bring it back!
Seriously, the more I think about it, the more upset I am that they aren't offering one. I mean, what the heck are they goint to do with $10 billion? Even the most aggressive expansion and R&D strategy doesn't justify holding onto that. And it would be a great way to offset any damage from the options fiasco. And it would boost the shares 5% (at least) on announcement. They USED to pay a dividend (1987-1995). It's time to bring it back!
MagnusVonMagnum
Apr 29, 03:08 PM
No, but I think it will make Safari snappier!!
I've gone back to Firefox (4) after using Safari and Chrome. Both seem to have this awful problem of lag when opening new pages on tabs (i.e. you click back to the page you were viewing while the new one loads and it just sits there; maybe it doesn't happen on dual-core processors, but it happens on this netbook with both Safari and Chrome (both Webkit based). Firefox4 doesn't have this problem. It may be slightly slower rendering a page, but I can do other things while it's rendering a new page whereas I just have to sit and wait with Safari and Chrome.
These naysayers have been moaning and groaning about iOS forever. They will continue to do so forever. In the meantime the rest of the world will get on with using some great software (many of it free) and getting a lot of things done.
Getting things done? The fanatics that worship Apple are too busy playing cheerleader for Apple and voting down the voices of logic on here to get ANYTHING done EVER. :p
I'm glad Apple is pushing things forward. The last thing I want to see is OS X stagnate.
But is has and IS stagnating. Apple is playing cutesy interface with this iOS merging and not much else. Where are the REAL features at like OpenGL4, display resolution independence, updated video drivers, a newer file system (like the ZFS that never came to be), format/write support for NTFS so I don't have to boot into Windows just to create a Windows compatible media drive, support for EXT3 (for the same reason with Linux drives and various NAS setups (e.g. Negear's USB UPnP runs many times faster with EXT3 than NTFS and doesn't support HFS period. How about a feature to NOT copy over '.files' when moving media files over to a Windows machine or putting songs on a USB stick (where car players will often trip over them)? These are FUNCTIONAL differences that would improve enjoyment of OSX and make it faster/better.
What good is an app launcher like iOS devices use on OSX? It's POINTLESS and worse yet intimates that it may be the future primary interface for OSX some day. Other than OpenGL3, I don't see much in the way of true 'OS' improvements in Lion. I see a bunch of smart phone crap that does very little to improve anything. Instead, it's starting to compete with itself.
more...

2 of 13. kesha

1110-kesha-ikini-01-480×720
more...

Ke$ha Bikini Pics

Who Let Ke$ha in a Bikini?
more...

kesha fat in ikini. kesha

Ke$ha Bikini Shot: It Could Be
more...

10 of 13. kesha

1113 kesha bikini comments 01

kesha bikini gross. of keha
I've gone back to Firefox (4) after using Safari and Chrome. Both seem to have this awful problem of lag when opening new pages on tabs (i.e. you click back to the page you were viewing while the new one loads and it just sits there; maybe it doesn't happen on dual-core processors, but it happens on this netbook with both Safari and Chrome (both Webkit based). Firefox4 doesn't have this problem. It may be slightly slower rendering a page, but I can do other things while it's rendering a new page whereas I just have to sit and wait with Safari and Chrome.
These naysayers have been moaning and groaning about iOS forever. They will continue to do so forever. In the meantime the rest of the world will get on with using some great software (many of it free) and getting a lot of things done.
Getting things done? The fanatics that worship Apple are too busy playing cheerleader for Apple and voting down the voices of logic on here to get ANYTHING done EVER. :p
I'm glad Apple is pushing things forward. The last thing I want to see is OS X stagnate.
But is has and IS stagnating. Apple is playing cutesy interface with this iOS merging and not much else. Where are the REAL features at like OpenGL4, display resolution independence, updated video drivers, a newer file system (like the ZFS that never came to be), format/write support for NTFS so I don't have to boot into Windows just to create a Windows compatible media drive, support for EXT3 (for the same reason with Linux drives and various NAS setups (e.g. Negear's USB UPnP runs many times faster with EXT3 than NTFS and doesn't support HFS period. How about a feature to NOT copy over '.files' when moving media files over to a Windows machine or putting songs on a USB stick (where car players will often trip over them)? These are FUNCTIONAL differences that would improve enjoyment of OSX and make it faster/better.
What good is an app launcher like iOS devices use on OSX? It's POINTLESS and worse yet intimates that it may be the future primary interface for OSX some day. Other than OpenGL3, I don't see much in the way of true 'OS' improvements in Lion. I see a bunch of smart phone crap that does very little to improve anything. Instead, it's starting to compete with itself.
more...
Calidude
Apr 16, 05:00 PM
Is your dictionary still in print, and how would I order one?
Yes, I do believe Merriam Webster is still up and running...
Yes, I do believe Merriam Webster is still up and running...
true777
Sep 29, 12:42 AM
Man, that is a crummy little house by Silicon Valley standards if I ever saw one. I live in the neighboring town (Portola Valley), which is essentially the same as Woodside, and hence know many homes in the area (including the one I live in). And by current standards around here, not having a private bathroom for EACH bedroom, and a LARGE closet, is pretty substandard. Also, to only have *1* walk-in in the master rather than 2 is not good. No home theater? Large gym with panoramic views? Sauna/steam room/? Sun room? Library? Detached guest suite or guest house (in-law/nanny quarters, etc.)? Swimming pool? Hot tub? This honestly doesn't look like a place where a man of his caliber would be living full-time. Of course his house in Palo Alto isn't huge, either, but at least it is charming, historic, enchanted.
He has a number of kids, so I'm not sure how they would all fit into this small space with their friends when, e.g., everyone comes home for summers, holidays, etc. Typical houses for higher level people in the Woodside area would have at least 6-7 bedrooms, a bathroom for each bedroom, plus several additional half bathrooms, and probably about 10,000 squ. ft.
Only thing that makes sense to me is that he would view this as his retirement house since it'll only be done ~5 years, anyway. And I suppose for retirement people like to keep it small and simple. That would make sense to me and might hint at when he might be planning on retiring.
He has a number of kids, so I'm not sure how they would all fit into this small space with their friends when, e.g., everyone comes home for summers, holidays, etc. Typical houses for higher level people in the Woodside area would have at least 6-7 bedrooms, a bathroom for each bedroom, plus several additional half bathrooms, and probably about 10,000 squ. ft.
Only thing that makes sense to me is that he would view this as his retirement house since it'll only be done ~5 years, anyway. And I suppose for retirement people like to keep it small and simple. That would make sense to me and might hint at when he might be planning on retiring.
more...
prady16
Sep 12, 08:28 AM
damn..
since they haven't take down apple store for update, does that mean no new product? just new service? i'm waiting for a MB/MBP update
If not today, we could see an MB/MBP update sometime after Sep 16th when the free ipod nano promo expires. That's my best guess, but even i am hoping desperately for the update to happen today!
since they haven't take down apple store for update, does that mean no new product? just new service? i'm waiting for a MB/MBP update
If not today, we could see an MB/MBP update sometime after Sep 16th when the free ipod nano promo expires. That's my best guess, but even i am hoping desperately for the update to happen today!
fivepoint
May 4, 03:48 PM
nope; you've simply mixed up the issues and the responses
You're right in that it does not perfectly align, but the point is the same... In this case, I would support the doctor's right to ask questions, give advice, and not serve the customer if that's his decision. In the other cases, my position was the same. To the contrary, the leftist clan in the other cases thought that doctors should be forced to treat everyone for every situation regardless of philosophy, while in this case they seem to be advocating a doctor's right to ask questions, and make choices based on the serve the customer if that's his decision.
No, I've already said I think the bill is complete nonsense. I'm only addressing Dr. Choi's assertion (in the OP) that he has a duty to pry into non-medical aspects of the lives of his patients.
My thoughts.
"Do you have a firearm in the home?"
"Yes"
"It should be locked up or have a trigger guard."
"NO ****?"
Exactly. Physicians can't be sitting there going through every single life hazard.
"Do you walk across the street?"
"Yes"
"You should look both ways."
"No ****!"
"Do you go to the mall?"
"Yes"
"You should keep children under the age of 5 close at your side at all times."
"No ****!"
You're right in that it does not perfectly align, but the point is the same... In this case, I would support the doctor's right to ask questions, give advice, and not serve the customer if that's his decision. In the other cases, my position was the same. To the contrary, the leftist clan in the other cases thought that doctors should be forced to treat everyone for every situation regardless of philosophy, while in this case they seem to be advocating a doctor's right to ask questions, and make choices based on the serve the customer if that's his decision.
No, I've already said I think the bill is complete nonsense. I'm only addressing Dr. Choi's assertion (in the OP) that he has a duty to pry into non-medical aspects of the lives of his patients.
My thoughts.
"Do you have a firearm in the home?"
"Yes"
"It should be locked up or have a trigger guard."
"NO ****?"
Exactly. Physicians can't be sitting there going through every single life hazard.
"Do you walk across the street?"
"Yes"
"You should look both ways."
"No ****!"
"Do you go to the mall?"
"Yes"
"You should keep children under the age of 5 close at your side at all times."
"No ****!"
more...
MacRumors
Aug 7, 02:18 PM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)
Although not mentioned during the keynote, Apple has reduced the prices on its Cinema Displays. The 20" Cinema Display now sells for $699 (down from $799), the 23" Cinema Display now sells for $999 (down from $1299), and the 30" Cinema Display now sells for $1999 (down from $2499), representing cuts of $100, $300, and $500 respectively.
Update: MacForum member BlizzardBomb notes that the specifications for the 20 and 23" displays have been bumped. The 20" display now has a brightness of 300 cd/m2 (up from 250 cd/m2), and the 23" display has a brightness of 400 cd/m2 (up from 270 cd/m2). Both models also now feature 700:1 contrast ratios (both up from 400:1). The 30" display remains at 400 cd/m2 and a 700:1 contrast ratio.
Although not mentioned during the keynote, Apple has reduced the prices on its Cinema Displays. The 20" Cinema Display now sells for $699 (down from $799), the 23" Cinema Display now sells for $999 (down from $1299), and the 30" Cinema Display now sells for $1999 (down from $2499), representing cuts of $100, $300, and $500 respectively.
Update: MacForum member BlizzardBomb notes that the specifications for the 20 and 23" displays have been bumped. The 20" display now has a brightness of 300 cd/m2 (up from 250 cd/m2), and the 23" display has a brightness of 400 cd/m2 (up from 270 cd/m2). Both models also now feature 700:1 contrast ratios (both up from 400:1). The 30" display remains at 400 cd/m2 and a 700:1 contrast ratio.
Lancetx
Oct 6, 04:53 PM
Obviously YMMV, but I've never had any significant issues at all with AT&T's service in the nearly 2 1/2 years since I switched to them for the original iPhone. The same has continued since I upgraded to the 3GS as well. Verizon doesn't have the iPhone and won't be getting it anytime soon (if ever), so they're not on my radar screen anyway. And even if they did ever add the iPhone at some point, I doubt I'd ever switch because my own personal experience with Verizon's service several years ago was that it was absolutely dreadful.
more...
l3lack J4ck
Nov 23, 11:01 PM
and when you say EPP why do u think that will imply to me? i am not part of a corporate thing only a "university" student. I am acutally a high school student but am enrolled in college classes...i have a university id tho..
so you think it will be included?
so you think it will be included?
ezekielrage_99
Oct 11, 02:14 AM
Yeah, Apple isn't going to sit back and let Zune steal its lunch!
I am leaning towards a new iPod product before the end of the year for two reasons:
1) Zune is being release, Apple needs to steal the limelight here.
2) The last iPod update was a huge deal for the Nano and a non-event for the 5G iPod.
I am leaning towards a new iPod product before the end of the year for two reasons:
1) Zune is being release, Apple needs to steal the limelight here.
2) The last iPod update was a huge deal for the Nano and a non-event for the 5G iPod.
MattSepeta
Apr 27, 01:50 PM
Very nice of you. Much appreciated. It so rarely happens here.
I really never meant to come across as having any sort of problem with or thinking anything less of transgendered people.... But I can understand how Mord would get that impression given some of the previous posts in the thread...
I really never meant to come across as having any sort of problem with or thinking anything less of transgendered people.... But I can understand how Mord would get that impression given some of the previous posts in the thread...
DJRVDIO
Apr 29, 04:40 PM
A iMac with a touchscreen as i first stated in the post of the change in imac shippings being halted. with proof of actually touching a possible prototype earlier this year.:D 2 points.:apple:
munkery
Apr 17, 06:36 PM
How does Gnome 3.0 on Linux compare to the new UI in OSX Lion?
I've been playing around with Gnome 3.0, and it seems like the designers have a similar philosophy about desktop navigation.
Gnome 3.0 Preview (This is not my video):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joBXc3IGRBw
That's a pretty sick OS. I haven't ever run Fedora on a computer of mine, but my uncle swears by it. That video has convinced me to run it on my next box.
I like fedora over ubuntu. I haven't run fedora for a while, I think I'll take second look when the new version comes out.
I wish Ubuntu went with Gnome 3 over Unity. Fedora is great but it is more "free" than Ubuntu as Fedora includes fewer/no? proprietary drivers by default so it is a little bit more work to get running on some hardware.
The next Fedora may be worth the extra effort.
Here is a link for those looking to stay up to date on Win 8. http://www.winrumors.com/
Or, at least looking to retaliate?
I've been playing around with Gnome 3.0, and it seems like the designers have a similar philosophy about desktop navigation.
Gnome 3.0 Preview (This is not my video):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joBXc3IGRBw
That's a pretty sick OS. I haven't ever run Fedora on a computer of mine, but my uncle swears by it. That video has convinced me to run it on my next box.
I like fedora over ubuntu. I haven't run fedora for a while, I think I'll take second look when the new version comes out.
I wish Ubuntu went with Gnome 3 over Unity. Fedora is great but it is more "free" than Ubuntu as Fedora includes fewer/no? proprietary drivers by default so it is a little bit more work to get running on some hardware.
The next Fedora may be worth the extra effort.
Here is a link for those looking to stay up to date on Win 8. http://www.winrumors.com/
Or, at least looking to retaliate?
dethmaShine
Apr 13, 06:13 AM
My experience has been the exact opposite with the Mac, whether its trying to access a share on one of my other computers (my wife uses a PC) or accessing network resources on my work's network.
When in windows 7 it "just worked" I had no need to mess with eth0, drivers or any manually set up a network. I was able to connect to the resource and use it. Also it was much faster.
It has always been the same with the mac. Just go to the finder and look for shared computers.
OR
Taskbar: 'Go To Server/Computer'
OR
ssh/ftp > prostuff-not required
I had issues with OSX, that I was unable to access any shared files from my wife's computer. Accessing my work stuff was a bit easier but was SLOW, painfully slow. I pull up a folder with a couple hundred files, and I can easily sit there for well over 10 minutes while OSX does it thing. Windows, just a couple of minutes.
Report bugs. Are you comparing b/w OSX <-> Windows and Windows <-> Windows?
Networking is where windows has a clear advantage of OSX, in part because many (most?) enterprise networks are windows based, at least from my experience.
You are confusing stuff.
Given the design of windows, there's zero chance of that, it would require a complete rewrite and the folks at MS really don't see the design of windows being flawed. Especially since they see the marketshare being what it is - kind of like why fix it if it isn't broke mentality.
Fair enough.
When in windows 7 it "just worked" I had no need to mess with eth0, drivers or any manually set up a network. I was able to connect to the resource and use it. Also it was much faster.
It has always been the same with the mac. Just go to the finder and look for shared computers.
OR
Taskbar: 'Go To Server/Computer'
OR
ssh/ftp > prostuff-not required
I had issues with OSX, that I was unable to access any shared files from my wife's computer. Accessing my work stuff was a bit easier but was SLOW, painfully slow. I pull up a folder with a couple hundred files, and I can easily sit there for well over 10 minutes while OSX does it thing. Windows, just a couple of minutes.
Report bugs. Are you comparing b/w OSX <-> Windows and Windows <-> Windows?
Networking is where windows has a clear advantage of OSX, in part because many (most?) enterprise networks are windows based, at least from my experience.
You are confusing stuff.
Given the design of windows, there's zero chance of that, it would require a complete rewrite and the folks at MS really don't see the design of windows being flawed. Especially since they see the marketshare being what it is - kind of like why fix it if it isn't broke mentality.
Fair enough.
Surf Monkey
Mar 17, 01:06 AM
As for the Karma, I found a iPhone 4 at Macy's 2-days before shopping with my girlfriend, and I didn't think twice about not turning it in. I made this woman's day when she got it back. So I figured hey, maybe that was a little something I got for doing something honest a few days before
We all find creative ways to justify our actions.
We all find creative ways to justify our actions.
kuebby
May 2, 09:35 AM
No thanks.
Seconded. It's such a PITA to re-jailbreak after each of these mini-updates.
Seconded. It's such a PITA to re-jailbreak after each of these mini-updates.
No comments:
Post a Comment