seek3r
Mar 24, 06:18 PM
Yay! Now, where's the cake...
The cake is a lie :p
The cake is a lie :p
Eidorian
May 4, 12:16 AM
You really want to watch video on a 10" screen?That's the joke.
On a more serious note, not really. I was trying to think of something other than web browsing. I have a HTPC that I cobbled together that takes care of that.
On a more serious note, not really. I was trying to think of something other than web browsing. I have a HTPC that I cobbled together that takes care of that.
voicegy
Jan 12, 01:14 PM
Statement from the CEA (http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9849168-7.html?tag=nefd.only):
It's not quite as funny when there are consequences.
Indeed. Excellent - this is just the action I would have expected and I'm glad to see it happen.:)
It's not quite as funny when there are consequences.
Indeed. Excellent - this is just the action I would have expected and I'm glad to see it happen.:)
Popeye206
Mar 29, 05:13 AM
Game developers. World of Warcraft. Adobe. Microsoft. All of these developers not only do not distribute on the App Store but can not due to the App Store's TOS. I like the App Store but the control/terms keep a lot of great programs (like World of Warcraft, which one the Apple Design Award multiple times I think) out.
What???? 30% is too much for them? Or is there something else in the terms that drive them away?
My friend... I use to work for Adobe and it's not the 30% margin keeping them away. 30% is normal for distribution.
What???? 30% is too much for them? Or is there something else in the terms that drive them away?
My friend... I use to work for Adobe and it's not the 30% margin keeping them away. 30% is normal for distribution.
superfula
Apr 29, 05:09 PM
You're mixing up your kernels. NT 4.0 doesn't share a kernel with 95/98, NT 3.51 doesn't share a kernel with Windows 3.x...
Windows 7 is Windows 7 because it's the 7th release of Windows NT.
1- Windows NT 3.1
2- Windows NT 3.5
3- Windows NT 4.0
4- Windows 2000
5- Windows XP
6- Windows Vista
7- Windows 7
That's the only way it makes sense.
No, smitty was correct. MS uses version numbers that identify it's code. It's how software devs can write code that decides whether the app should be allowed to install.
In a command prompt, use winver. Note the version listed
EG, Windows 95, NT 4, 98, and ME are all considered Windows 4.x. 2000 and XP are both 5.x, Vista and Windows 7 are 6.x. So it's clear 7 is nothing more than marketing.
From the horses mouth: http://windowsteamblog.com/windows/archive/b/windowsvista/archive/2008/10/14/why-7.aspx
Windows 7 is Windows 7 because it's the 7th release of Windows NT.
1- Windows NT 3.1
2- Windows NT 3.5
3- Windows NT 4.0
4- Windows 2000
5- Windows XP
6- Windows Vista
7- Windows 7
That's the only way it makes sense.
No, smitty was correct. MS uses version numbers that identify it's code. It's how software devs can write code that decides whether the app should be allowed to install.
In a command prompt, use winver. Note the version listed
EG, Windows 95, NT 4, 98, and ME are all considered Windows 4.x. 2000 and XP are both 5.x, Vista and Windows 7 are 6.x. So it's clear 7 is nothing more than marketing.
From the horses mouth: http://windowsteamblog.com/windows/archive/b/windowsvista/archive/2008/10/14/why-7.aspx
tvachon
Jan 9, 02:20 PM
Yeah. Well, at least now I don't feel scared to refresh the page looking for the updated link. Is there anyone that can be contacted to take that off?
I caught that this morning, used pithhelmet to hide it for now. But now of course, I cant find the regex which did it for all of you.
I caught that this morning, used pithhelmet to hide it for now. But now of course, I cant find the regex which did it for all of you.
saunders45
Sep 8, 08:24 AM
Whatever, he is a no talent hack, and a dumbass.
"AIDS is a man-made disease in the first place, that was placed in Africa just like crack was placed in the black community to break up the Black Panther party."
He also criticised politicians for "riding home in their Benzs and Bentleys while poor Africans starve".
I wonder what he drives......
"AIDS is a man-made disease in the first place, that was placed in Africa just like crack was placed in the black community to break up the Black Panther party."
He also criticised politicians for "riding home in their Benzs and Bentleys while poor Africans starve".
I wonder what he drives......
html
Apr 15, 10:57 PM
Seeing as that it doesn't have any place for the antenna (like the black area towards the top of the 3G iPad), i'm very skeptical with this picture.
First thing that occurred to me, too. These are fake.:(
First thing that occurred to me, too. These are fake.:(
Mitthrawnuruodo
Sep 12, 07:44 AM
I just opened iTunes and it ask me if I wanted to update...What version did you have - and what version did you get?
I just restarted my 6.0.5 without getting any such message...
I just restarted my 6.0.5 without getting any such message...
alexprice
Jan 9, 04:28 PM
How long does it usually take before they post the stream? I'm dying to watch it!
"Good things come to those who wait"
I won't give any info, but for those waiting to see it and don't know anything about whats been shown.... its all really cool.
"Good things come to those who wait"
I won't give any info, but for those waiting to see it and don't know anything about whats been shown.... its all really cool.
Apple Corps
Sep 30, 11:38 PM
...If Jobs wanted a modern building - which by the way, I prefer to Jackling House - then he should have got his rich ass moved to another large plot and built his modern glassbox there, after he sold Jackling House to somebody who wanted to live in that and respect local conservationist's and planning authorities' wishes...
That house was a dilapidated piece of junk with little "history". The local conservationists and planning authorities had to raise hell about something to justify their existence.
BTW - there are not that many large plots in the area. Steve earned the money - he bought the property - get the clods out of the way.
Steve does not suffer fools :rolleyes:
That house was a dilapidated piece of junk with little "history". The local conservationists and planning authorities had to raise hell about something to justify their existence.
BTW - there are not that many large plots in the area. Steve earned the money - he bought the property - get the clods out of the way.
Steve does not suffer fools :rolleyes:
georgethomas
Apr 16, 11:56 AM
i guess everyone wants a piece of the pie
wouldn't be surprised to see competitors are going after it
the law of big number suggests that a small fraction of the number can lead to a big sales. that is my opinion
wouldn't be surprised to see competitors are going after it
the law of big number suggests that a small fraction of the number can lead to a big sales. that is my opinion
schwell
Oct 8, 09:52 PM
You can't get email or surf the web while talking on a Verizon 3G phone. You can on AT&T and T-Mobile.
AT&T should show an empty map for where you can have both on Verizon.
AT&T should show an empty map for where you can have both on Verizon.
JackAxe
Mar 24, 06:11 PM
Happy birthday to Apple's 'ONLY' good OS! :)
caspersoong
Apr 15, 07:55 PM
Google should have seen this coming long ago.
mcmadhatter
Sep 12, 08:21 AM
If you click check for itunes updates you get a message The Itunes update server could not be contacted, try again later
apfhex
Jan 5, 03:17 PM
Right in the beginning, there was a live video feed to all the Apple stores... I went to two of them, both at the Mall of America store (and both times sat next to some very quirky Mac users... y'know... the regular type). Then one year, I went and it wasn't on. I was pissed. Then I learned Apple wasn't doing that because it was too expensive or something.
I wish they at least did that still. I mean, they offer a streaming video after the event, is it really so much more expensive to to offer it live? That would be something worth getting up early and going to the Apple Store for.
Although I find enough excitement in both reading the live text updates and then getting to go to Apple's site and see the product pages,and watch them in action in the keynote video.
I wish they at least did that still. I mean, they offer a streaming video after the event, is it really so much more expensive to to offer it live? That would be something worth getting up early and going to the Apple Store for.
Although I find enough excitement in both reading the live text updates and then getting to go to Apple's site and see the product pages,and watch them in action in the keynote video.
sarper
Apr 26, 07:34 AM
Before posting it's always a good idea to read the article and a little bit of the thread, not just the headline. Had you done any research, something I expect of developers, you would know that the general consensus is that it will be a larger screen with the same resolution. Also, Apple is giving you quite an amazing product and App Store to sling your wares instead of complaining you should maybe just put a little more effort into your applications and thank Apple for the opportunity they're giving you and others.
How come people still keep picking up on this point, it surprises me, especially from a developer. A larger screen doesn't necessarily mean problems for apps, a change in resolution does. That, coupled with the previous rumors of a bigger screen with the same resolution mean that if this is true, it doesn't make any difference to developers because there will be the same number of pixels in the screen. All it means is that everything will be very slightly bigger.
It's exactly like you say, if you assumed a certain resolution when coding your app, only a change in resolution affects you. Screen size means nothing, it's all about the pixels. 960x640 is the same whether it is on a 3.5" screen or a 4" screen for a developer.
Oh please don't be so smart. What you say means to lose the pixel density of Retina Display. Would you want that?
How come people still keep picking up on this point, it surprises me, especially from a developer. A larger screen doesn't necessarily mean problems for apps, a change in resolution does. That, coupled with the previous rumors of a bigger screen with the same resolution mean that if this is true, it doesn't make any difference to developers because there will be the same number of pixels in the screen. All it means is that everything will be very slightly bigger.
It's exactly like you say, if you assumed a certain resolution when coding your app, only a change in resolution affects you. Screen size means nothing, it's all about the pixels. 960x640 is the same whether it is on a 3.5" screen or a 4" screen for a developer.
Oh please don't be so smart. What you say means to lose the pixel density of Retina Display. Would you want that?
axual
Apr 25, 03:50 PM
This is not an iPhone 4 case ...
arn
Apr 21, 09:19 PM
Ok, it's back.
arn
arn
arn
Jan 6, 08:51 PM
Could the Arn make sure we don't see advertisements for the new iPhone/iTV/MacWhatever/iStuff thingies when we reach this page?
done.
just some generic apple ads there now.
arn
done.
just some generic apple ads there now.
arn
nli10@mac.com
Jan 9, 04:44 PM
Here: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/guide/appleevents/
http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.net/j47d52oo/event/ has less spoiler - first post!
http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.net/j47d52oo/event/ has less spoiler - first post!
DrumApple
Apr 25, 02:23 PM
Resizing only means having to rewrite apps if the screen resolution changes -- especially if it changes by something other than a whole-number multiple (e.g. 1.5x versus 2x). All rumors indicate a 3.7-inch screen iPhone would have the same Retina-Display resolution (still maintaining over 300dpi).
Technically their "Retina-Display" stuff is based also on typical viewing distance as well -- so a "Retina Display" iPad, iMac, or MacBook (assuming those are in the works) may not go as high as 300dpi. However, a Retina-Display iPad would like require the same pixel-doubling (2x) that was done for apps not optimized for the Retina Display until updates came that included higher-resolution graphics.
Yeah, making developers have to re-develop all of their apps would be a knife to the heart. When Apple decided on the screen size, it was pretty much set in stone. This would be a terrible move and anger many developers, especially independents who don't have the time, resources, or budget to re-develop. I could have blown my life savings developing one app, and now to find out that it isn't compatible with the newest iphone anymore? /die
Technically their "Retina-Display" stuff is based also on typical viewing distance as well -- so a "Retina Display" iPad, iMac, or MacBook (assuming those are in the works) may not go as high as 300dpi. However, a Retina-Display iPad would like require the same pixel-doubling (2x) that was done for apps not optimized for the Retina Display until updates came that included higher-resolution graphics.
Yeah, making developers have to re-develop all of their apps would be a knife to the heart. When Apple decided on the screen size, it was pretty much set in stone. This would be a terrible move and anger many developers, especially independents who don't have the time, resources, or budget to re-develop. I could have blown my life savings developing one app, and now to find out that it isn't compatible with the newest iphone anymore? /die
ipodtoucher
Apr 11, 12:36 PM
I purchased a stay at this Castle. I hope the wife likes it.
I'm reminded of Little Britain hahahaha "Maybe I did and Maybe I didn't"
http://dild.net/files/thumbnails/Little_Britain_-_Scottish_Hotel__3.jpg
I'm reminded of Little Britain hahahaha "Maybe I did and Maybe I didn't"
http://dild.net/files/thumbnails/Little_Britain_-_Scottish_Hotel__3.jpg
No comments:
Post a Comment