63dot
Mar 4, 11:40 AM
When I talk to most people in my liberal town, they agree with me and say, "Those states are crazy and it's the state of today's republican party". That's what I think and what many posters are saying on these forums. It appears most of us, from what I gather, support unions.
So when I talk to my 28 year old son in law school, it becomes a different issue. He's a 3L in the thick of things seeing "both" sides of everything, without any moral consideration, and his conservative leanings tend to buy the myth that unions and "liberals" are anti-business. He can talk the liberal argument, because he may have to one day, but his conservative bias is hard to break. I wish him all the best, always, but God help us should he ever make the bench anywhere. ;)
Anytime I take a liberal point of view, he brings back the conservative argument, or platform, but then uses his great skills of persuasion to actually make his side sound correct. But come on, we are in the 21st century, and yes there were mafia thugs in the early union history, but to equate that "thuggishness" to today is trying to rewrite history. The unions are not that "Jack Nicholson and Danny DeVito" movie but conservatives will want to push that ridiculous stereotype. His undergrad was history (from a liberal school, oddly enough) and mine was labor law/employment law (also ironically from a very conservative school) and if anything, he should know better. Neither of us were swayed by our professors and school leanings, but at least I try and take a middle ground where he won't. I try and see the good in both sides, but conservatives I talk to, whether it's him, or posters on Macrumors, are glacial in their ability to change. And political leanings, if gone unchecked, can wipe out a lot of great education, however expensive it was. "But I studied under so and so and they have Nobels!" and my school is tops he declares, where I answer back and say, "But they left your school to work for Clinton's administration". :)
The unions are now legitimate organizations and while not perfect, they are a pillar of our society which we can't live without (regardless of what 18th century politicians believed unions to be back in the day).
So when I talk to my 28 year old son in law school, it becomes a different issue. He's a 3L in the thick of things seeing "both" sides of everything, without any moral consideration, and his conservative leanings tend to buy the myth that unions and "liberals" are anti-business. He can talk the liberal argument, because he may have to one day, but his conservative bias is hard to break. I wish him all the best, always, but God help us should he ever make the bench anywhere. ;)
Anytime I take a liberal point of view, he brings back the conservative argument, or platform, but then uses his great skills of persuasion to actually make his side sound correct. But come on, we are in the 21st century, and yes there were mafia thugs in the early union history, but to equate that "thuggishness" to today is trying to rewrite history. The unions are not that "Jack Nicholson and Danny DeVito" movie but conservatives will want to push that ridiculous stereotype. His undergrad was history (from a liberal school, oddly enough) and mine was labor law/employment law (also ironically from a very conservative school) and if anything, he should know better. Neither of us were swayed by our professors and school leanings, but at least I try and take a middle ground where he won't. I try and see the good in both sides, but conservatives I talk to, whether it's him, or posters on Macrumors, are glacial in their ability to change. And political leanings, if gone unchecked, can wipe out a lot of great education, however expensive it was. "But I studied under so and so and they have Nobels!" and my school is tops he declares, where I answer back and say, "But they left your school to work for Clinton's administration". :)
The unions are now legitimate organizations and while not perfect, they are a pillar of our society which we can't live without (regardless of what 18th century politicians believed unions to be back in the day).
twoodcc
May 16, 08:07 PM
Thanks I have it all configured now, I have been doing a3 units all along. Can't wait to complete my 10 units. Hopefully this should boost the ppd from my i7 as it currently is doing 850-900ppd.
nice! did you get your passkey?
nice! did you get your passkey?
bushido
Apr 25, 01:44 PM
more worried about it still using the dated iOS :P
Oblivious
Jul 25, 12:11 AM
I hope it turns out nicely... the iPod needs a good competitor to keep the engineers at Apple on their toes.:)
Alas, if it ends up very similar to that proto design, it's doomed to fail. It looks ugly as *****. Microsoft.:rolleyes:
Alas, if it ends up very similar to that proto design, it's doomed to fail. It looks ugly as *****. Microsoft.:rolleyes:

maflynn
Apr 17, 06:08 AM
That's a pretty sick OS. I haven't ever run Fedora on a computer of mine, but my uncle swears by it. That video has convinced me to run it on my next box.
I like fedora over ubuntu. I haven't run fedora for a while, I think I'll take second look when the new version comes out.
I like fedora over ubuntu. I haven't run fedora for a while, I think I'll take second look when the new version comes out.
Flowbee
Jan 12, 03:52 PM
Equating destruction of physical property to turning off tv sets is a stretch.
Obviously.:rolleyes: I was responding to the idea that is was somehow ironic (and funny) that such a low-tech device could disrupt such a high-tech show. There are many other low-tech ways to cause problems for exhibitors. You can't have an open, accessible show floor and protect against everyone's idea of a "prank." Exhibitors have to be able to trust that attendees, especially press credentialed attendees, won't make them look foolish in order to drive traffic to their blogs.
Anyway, I hope you took notice of the real point of my comment:
If pranks like these become more common, companies and trade shows will start to put severe restrictions on who's allowed to attend their events.
That's nothing to laugh about.
Obviously.:rolleyes: I was responding to the idea that is was somehow ironic (and funny) that such a low-tech device could disrupt such a high-tech show. There are many other low-tech ways to cause problems for exhibitors. You can't have an open, accessible show floor and protect against everyone's idea of a "prank." Exhibitors have to be able to trust that attendees, especially press credentialed attendees, won't make them look foolish in order to drive traffic to their blogs.
Anyway, I hope you took notice of the real point of my comment:
If pranks like these become more common, companies and trade shows will start to put severe restrictions on who's allowed to attend their events.
That's nothing to laugh about.
ghostlyorb
Dec 13, 08:28 PM
Maybe VZW will bundle their only current 4G device -- the Mi-FI gizmo -- with a 3G CDMA iPhone 4. Would be similar to what they are doing with the iPad.
Before you ask if VZW is stupid enough to do that, remember that VZW ninnies nixed the iPhone way back when.
Interesting idea... sounds practical.. but the CDMA part is what I don't believe.
Before you ask if VZW is stupid enough to do that, remember that VZW ninnies nixed the iPhone way back when.
Interesting idea... sounds practical.. but the CDMA part is what I don't believe.
wtmcgee
Oct 20, 12:00 PM
when CS3 ships, watch the marketshare explode.
Blakjack
Mar 17, 07:15 AM
Lay off the OP. Half of u are dogging him and would have done the same thing. Thats the sad part
Geckotek
Jan 2, 01:25 AM
Not saying you're correct or incorrect, just saying that the information I had been dealt doesn't support your statement. I'm fairly certain that question was settled after the first teardown.
Edit: Looked around and couldn't find a datasheet on the Triquint chips. Perhpas we never really had an answer on this. But I don't see LTE as a possibility and if HSPA+ is, why is it not enabled yet??
Well, once again, supposedly LTE will allow for simultaneous voice/data.
I for one will be staying with AT&T if and when Verizon gets the iPhone. I'll also be laughing while Verizon suffers the same fate that AT&T did as millions of users hit their network at once. I don't care how "strong" Verizon's network is, I don't think they're ready for the heavy hit they're going to take.
As of now, LTE only supports data. They are working for a voice solution in the future. So any LTE phones will be LTE for data and CDMA/WCDMA for voice.
And thinking that Verizon won't be prepared is just foolish. For starters, they have the luxury that AT&T didn't have...too look at another network and how the iPhone has performed on that network. It would be like watching a guy walk off a cliff and slam into the rocks below...then just walking off after him expecting a different result. Not to mention the fact that Verizon has handled bigger data hogs in the form of laptop users for longer than AT&T anyway.
Edit: Looked around and couldn't find a datasheet on the Triquint chips. Perhpas we never really had an answer on this. But I don't see LTE as a possibility and if HSPA+ is, why is it not enabled yet??
Well, once again, supposedly LTE will allow for simultaneous voice/data.
I for one will be staying with AT&T if and when Verizon gets the iPhone. I'll also be laughing while Verizon suffers the same fate that AT&T did as millions of users hit their network at once. I don't care how "strong" Verizon's network is, I don't think they're ready for the heavy hit they're going to take.
As of now, LTE only supports data. They are working for a voice solution in the future. So any LTE phones will be LTE for data and CDMA/WCDMA for voice.
And thinking that Verizon won't be prepared is just foolish. For starters, they have the luxury that AT&T didn't have...too look at another network and how the iPhone has performed on that network. It would be like watching a guy walk off a cliff and slam into the rocks below...then just walking off after him expecting a different result. Not to mention the fact that Verizon has handled bigger data hogs in the form of laptop users for longer than AT&T anyway.
Satori
Apr 15, 04:19 PM
Ho hum...
Competition for itunes would not be a bad thing but those record companies are just too greedy!
Competition for itunes would not be a bad thing but those record companies are just too greedy!
vizkiz
Apr 15, 04:10 PM
So you have a humongous hole on the side?
Yes, for the volume up/down rocker switch. If yours doesn't have the volume rocker in the same spot, I think you may have a fake.
Yes, for the volume up/down rocker switch. If yours doesn't have the volume rocker in the same spot, I think you may have a fake.

twoodcc
May 15, 11:47 PM
oh you have a login screen. only logmein.com will work with that. the others will being on logon.
maybe implement a two-tier system? :D
ok. i might try and set it up next weekend. we'll see. only 2 more weeks here though! thank goodness!
maybe implement a two-tier system? :D
ok. i might try and set it up next weekend. we'll see. only 2 more weeks here though! thank goodness!
Eric5h5
Mar 25, 03:56 AM
And when we will get to OS XI?
Never. OS X is a brand, it's not really an OS version number. If/when Apple eventually ditches OS X or changes it significantly enough, it will have a new name and identity. (Or maybe it will become iOS X. ;) )
--Eric
Never. OS X is a brand, it's not really an OS version number. If/when Apple eventually ditches OS X or changes it significantly enough, it will have a new name and identity. (Or maybe it will become iOS X. ;) )
--Eric
Doctor Q
Sep 28, 12:42 PM
No screening room (http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/2859/xxapple1984.jpg)?
When will he move in?
When will he move in?
Highland
Aug 2, 11:45 AM
In terms of Apple's DRM however, I think you'll find that each type of DRM is a platform. Much like CDs, cassettes, and so on. I can't play vinyl in my CD player, however I can make a recording of the output, much as I can burn a CD from iTunes of iTMS purchased music.
There's two important things here though... what you can do, and what you can do legally. Plus, any "red book" CD can be played on any CD player. And anyone who wants can make a CD. That's not the case with Fairplay (the iTunes DRM), or pretty much any DRM on the market right now.
And Lyra... OMG. You don't seem to have any grasp of the situation and are pretty keen on making some very insulting remarks. To suggest Apple (or any other online store) drop a region just because they can't be bullied into changing their local laws to suit a large multinational company is completely insane. You're loco.
And just so everyone knows, I'm not from the US or the EU. I'm not taking sides, and I'm not getting involved in the "my country is worth more to iTMS than yours". ;)
As others have mentioned, these things have a tendency to act as test cases. Once one country sorts this out, others will follow.
There's two important things here though... what you can do, and what you can do legally. Plus, any "red book" CD can be played on any CD player. And anyone who wants can make a CD. That's not the case with Fairplay (the iTunes DRM), or pretty much any DRM on the market right now.
And Lyra... OMG. You don't seem to have any grasp of the situation and are pretty keen on making some very insulting remarks. To suggest Apple (or any other online store) drop a region just because they can't be bullied into changing their local laws to suit a large multinational company is completely insane. You're loco.
And just so everyone knows, I'm not from the US or the EU. I'm not taking sides, and I'm not getting involved in the "my country is worth more to iTMS than yours". ;)
As others have mentioned, these things have a tendency to act as test cases. Once one country sorts this out, others will follow.
arn
Apr 21, 01:27 PM
We're making some adjustments to the score display so it's less confusing.
So people won't see scores jump 2 points, etc...
arn
So people won't see scores jump 2 points, etc...
arn
jake4ever
Apr 5, 10:00 PM
4.2.6 required!? But I hate to update.. :(
white pilgrim
Nov 24, 11:07 AM
Let the sale go global! :p
I thought the Airport Express looks more excusable to own now. :D
I thought the Airport Express looks more excusable to own now. :D
Ygn
Nov 6, 06:51 PM
Getting it for PS3, I haven't pre ordered it but I'll probably get it at midnight from BlockBusters.
I always preferred W@W to MW2 so I'm hoping it's gonna be more like that. If it's more like MW2 I'll probably be like this within a day.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v_dFtizv7I
LOL oh dear!
I pre-ordered the hardened edition mainly for the map packs which come with it.
I always preferred W@W to MW2 so I'm hoping it's gonna be more like that. If it's more like MW2 I'll probably be like this within a day.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v_dFtizv7I
LOL oh dear!
I pre-ordered the hardened edition mainly for the map packs which come with it.
TheSlush
Apr 15, 01:11 PM
LOL at the perspective on the text in the 3rd photo. :D
FAKE.
FAKE.
eric55lv
Jan 15, 04:54 PM
. Although i was dissapointed with one thing...NO "ONE MORE THING".....:eek:
I know they always do that
I know they always do that
dethmaShine
Apr 11, 06:53 PM
Anyone who says that is taking the mickey. As a mac user of over a decade I can say I'm quite happy that I can run Windows 7 on my mac.
People on both sides of the OS war (or the console war, or Pepsi/Coke war, or the Marvel/DC war, etc.) are either trolls or severely lacking in the "life" department.
+1 I'd say.
Use winXP everyday; more than my mac.
Use win7 for beta-testing apps in the office.
Great OS's; I just wish MS do something in the usability department. Or may be I'm using it wrong.
People on both sides of the OS war (or the console war, or Pepsi/Coke war, or the Marvel/DC war, etc.) are either trolls or severely lacking in the "life" department.
+1 I'd say.
Use winXP everyday; more than my mac.
Use win7 for beta-testing apps in the office.
Great OS's; I just wish MS do something in the usability department. Or may be I'm using it wrong.
minnesotamacman
Sep 12, 08:06 AM
Think they will close the store this morning to update the laptop line??? or will they do it when they close the store during the live session?
No comments:
Post a Comment