DotComName
May 3, 02:40 PM
Tethering should NOT cost extra! What do the carriers have to do with the data after they send it to my phone??! Why can't we just pay for the same data we already do and have our phone use and manipulate it anyway we want! I always thought it was ******** and I will never pay for it! Makes no sense!
Cloudane
Jan 14, 04:22 PM
Pretty sure that the "something in the air" is the stench of the hardcore fanboys leaving their parents' basements for the first time in months...
LMAO... win :D
LMAO... win :D
djgamble
Apr 15, 05:39 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)
wow the iOS/Apple closed ecosystem must really be the WORSE THANG EVAR if google is trying to trying to do it.
Everyone's just a hypocrite..
Android is "closed"... an open system would be a Linux one where you can chop and change every part of the system right down to the kernel. Not gonna happen with mobile devices without hacking IMO.
wow the iOS/Apple closed ecosystem must really be the WORSE THANG EVAR if google is trying to trying to do it.
Everyone's just a hypocrite..
Android is "closed"... an open system would be a Linux one where you can chop and change every part of the system right down to the kernel. Not gonna happen with mobile devices without hacking IMO.
krestfallen
Oct 17, 09:44 AM
To me, it would be good news that Apple supports both HD-DVD and BD.
well no, i think that's a bad idea. software has to be pressed on both formats - expensive - prices will increase (not only in the software branch - two holy expensive drives in one mac?)
we need one standard. every format needs a standard.
well no, i think that's a bad idea. software has to be pressed on both formats - expensive - prices will increase (not only in the software branch - two holy expensive drives in one mac?)
we need one standard. every format needs a standard.
dsnort
Aug 1, 03:32 PM
Do not act as stupid ass consumers with no brain. It is your right when you by music to listen to i where ever you want it too.
You payed for it didn't you so now it is yours ....
DRM is ******** and it takes away your rights as a consumers.
Act now stop that ********.
One more thing. At least we have the freedom and our goverment tries too help.
I don't FEEL ignorant and stupid. Maybe that's because I took the time to READ and UNDERSTAND the limitations imposed on me by iTunes/iPod before I BOUGHT in. And maybe because I understand that what I am BUYING is a DIGITAL DATA FILE that must be interpreted by a certain APPLICATION to become music, and that this was EXPLAINED to me before I BOUGHT. That I don't OWN the MUSIC, and that there are LIMITATIONS to what I can do with it. ( And if you think I'm wrong on that last point, let a copyright holder catch you using their music for commmercial gain. Write back to us and describe the world of hurt that descends on you)!
The fact of the matter is that reasonable DRM's protect the artists who are the source of the music. And Apples DRM is one the most reasonable in the industry, both protecting the artist, and allowing fair use by the customer.
You payed for it didn't you so now it is yours ....
DRM is ******** and it takes away your rights as a consumers.
Act now stop that ********.
One more thing. At least we have the freedom and our goverment tries too help.
I don't FEEL ignorant and stupid. Maybe that's because I took the time to READ and UNDERSTAND the limitations imposed on me by iTunes/iPod before I BOUGHT in. And maybe because I understand that what I am BUYING is a DIGITAL DATA FILE that must be interpreted by a certain APPLICATION to become music, and that this was EXPLAINED to me before I BOUGHT. That I don't OWN the MUSIC, and that there are LIMITATIONS to what I can do with it. ( And if you think I'm wrong on that last point, let a copyright holder catch you using their music for commmercial gain. Write back to us and describe the world of hurt that descends on you)!
The fact of the matter is that reasonable DRM's protect the artists who are the source of the music. And Apples DRM is one the most reasonable in the industry, both protecting the artist, and allowing fair use by the customer.

Willis
Sep 12, 05:09 AM
6pm BST, on what channel? :p
RawBert
Mar 24, 03:33 PM
I remember the first time I saw OS X at CompUSA in Burbank. I fell in love and that's when I became a MacHead.
OS X Birthday Party tonight at my place! Drugs, girls and booze... :)
*Adults only*
OS X Birthday Party tonight at my place! Drugs, girls and booze... :)
*Adults only*
Chundles
Sep 12, 04:06 AM
I thought it was 5pm?
At 10am in Cupertino it will be 6pm in London.
At 10am in Cupertino it will be 6pm in London.
wpotere
Apr 13, 08:48 AM
I don't get how you see nothing wrong with it. In addition to it being completely pointless and ineffective, if you moved this situation from the security line of an airport to anywhere else, the TSA agent would be thrown in jail for touching a little girl like that and the mother probably would as well for allowing it to happen.
OMG!!! She patted down a little girl using the back of her hands! Send her to jail now for molesting that little girl! :rolleyes:
What if that little girl had a gun strapped to her leg because her mother or father wanted to go on a shooting spree and they were using her as a mule to get the weapon in?
The poster above is right, they won't win either way. Like I said, take a different form of transportation if you don't like the rules.
OMG!!! She patted down a little girl using the back of her hands! Send her to jail now for molesting that little girl! :rolleyes:
What if that little girl had a gun strapped to her leg because her mother or father wanted to go on a shooting spree and they were using her as a mule to get the weapon in?
The poster above is right, they won't win either way. Like I said, take a different form of transportation if you don't like the rules.
hob
Jan 9, 01:20 PM
The wait is actually killing me. This is the first time I've not followed on MR Live!
I bet they're getting a gazillion hits on that MWSF '07 site...
I'm giving them till 20.00GMT then I'm just gonna spoil the surprise...
I bet they're getting a gazillion hits on that MWSF '07 site...
I'm giving them till 20.00GMT then I'm just gonna spoil the surprise...
ravenvii
Apr 24, 01:11 PM
I am looking forward to installing Windows 8 on my MBA via Parallels. From what I'm seeing, it's looking good, very good!
Here's a few pictures of the Windows App Store.
http://www.neowin.net/news/windows-8-app-store-images-surface-from-build-7955
I am looking forward to the demise of the optical drive.
Here's a few pictures of the Windows App Store.
http://www.neowin.net/news/windows-8-app-store-images-surface-from-build-7955
I am looking forward to the demise of the optical drive.
KingCrimson
Apr 21, 08:00 PM
Hopefully it's totally new from the ground up, ditch all the Win32/legacy crap that's hindered MSFT for years.
sn
May 4, 05:50 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)
"It's just getting started..."
So don't buy one yet!
"It's just getting started..."
So don't buy one yet!
applekid
Apr 3, 09:06 PM
My question now turns to this: how do I get Microsoft to give up this information?? The cops are not able to get any info, Microsoft is giving me a run-around. I'm open to any ideas, if anyone knows a phone number for someone higher up the food chain at Microsoft, that would be great. I'm just really pissed off that someone is still using my 360 and Microsoft won't do anything to help.
For any realistic chance of getting Microsoft to help you, you need to carry out a lawsuit.
So pawn shop people have been renting this home? Kind of odd.
For any realistic chance of getting Microsoft to help you, you need to carry out a lawsuit.
So pawn shop people have been renting this home? Kind of odd.
KnightWRX
Mar 6, 11:40 AM
Why is Apple the only tech company that makes unique products? All the other big ones seem to just drop in behind Apple after they invent something...
Apple doesn't invent. Apple refines.
Apple didn't invent anything with the iPhone as an example, it had all been there in the industry, sometimes for years before Apple came to market. They simply packaged it up and marketed it. App stores, SDKs, touch screens, Internet browsers, wifi, etc.. name it and we can find another device/company that did it before Apple.
That's what Apple does, they tie existing concepts and features together and put them through the marketing grinder to sell it. They are successful at this, sometimes where the pioneers of a particular technology failed.
Apple doesn't invent. Apple refines.
Apple didn't invent anything with the iPhone as an example, it had all been there in the industry, sometimes for years before Apple came to market. They simply packaged it up and marketed it. App stores, SDKs, touch screens, Internet browsers, wifi, etc.. name it and we can find another device/company that did it before Apple.
That's what Apple does, they tie existing concepts and features together and put them through the marketing grinder to sell it. They are successful at this, sometimes where the pioneers of a particular technology failed.
wordoflife
Apr 25, 06:33 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/284725738.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1303773395&Signature=PCxhkNUAUfz2RA%2FbPdbd3vLcc%2Bs%3D
Hmm
Hmm
fivepoint
May 5, 03:21 PM
So, to me a question about firearms in the home seems perfectly within the scope of evaluating risks, and more probably, helping to provide information for parents.
Doctors shouldn't ask these questions to be busybodies, but to make good decisions and provide care.
That's kinda the whole point here, isn't it? You may think it's ok, others may not. We're all different, all of our situations are different, different families have more/less, or just different risk than other families. There's no right, there's no wrong, the point is we don't need the damn government getting involved and telling doctors what they can and can't ask. Or for that matter telling doctors who they must and who they musn't provide care for. It's a private transaction between the customer and the physician, so leave it at that. Don't tread on me.
Doctors shouldn't ask these questions to be busybodies, but to make good decisions and provide care.
That's kinda the whole point here, isn't it? You may think it's ok, others may not. We're all different, all of our situations are different, different families have more/less, or just different risk than other families. There's no right, there's no wrong, the point is we don't need the damn government getting involved and telling doctors what they can and can't ask. Or for that matter telling doctors who they must and who they musn't provide care for. It's a private transaction between the customer and the physician, so leave it at that. Don't tread on me.
tbobmccoy
Mar 24, 04:16 PM
Personally, I liked OS X 10.4 the best. My first Mac OS and I'll always have a special place in my heart for Tiger :cool:
juannacho
Apr 26, 04:36 AM
The iPhone 4 also has edge-to-edge glass, that isn't new!
Anyway, I think that the bigger the screen within the current iPhone frame (without making the actual device any bigger), the better!
This will also be easier to adopt for developers, as "old resolution" apps can run with a small black border at the top and on the sides, while new apps can take advantage of a few extra pixels, if the pixel count changes.
If the pixel count doesn't change, but rather stays the same and the pixels get bigger, then the "retina-ness" of the display will get somewhat diluted, but maybe that would even be noticeable at this small scale.
I don't think it would be noticeable.
The size change to the screen that is being suggested is about 8% which on the 326 dpi current screen would see a drop to pretty much bang on 300dpi.
Coincidentally the exact resolution of pretty much all magazine print.
It's not as though people look at magazines thinking "Euuurgh! Look at all those hideous dots!"
And yes, even if you held a magazine the same distance from your face as an iPhone :p
I think a physical size change would attract bad press "Apple makes all iPhone 4 peripherals redundant!!!11" and likewise a resolution change would seriously piss off the development community that is the main breadwinner for Apple in the AppStore.
The double pixel bump from 3 to 4 avoided this because it was a straight doubling of rez so apps could be elegantly(ish) upscaled. Adding a few extra pixels would achieve very little and be extremely annoying for the app devs.
The fact that the 'Retina Display' is established in the public's mind means that they aren't going to notice (or care) about an extremely marginal drop in resolution.
In fact, the only people who will even mention it will be Android owners:D
Anyway, I think that the bigger the screen within the current iPhone frame (without making the actual device any bigger), the better!
This will also be easier to adopt for developers, as "old resolution" apps can run with a small black border at the top and on the sides, while new apps can take advantage of a few extra pixels, if the pixel count changes.
If the pixel count doesn't change, but rather stays the same and the pixels get bigger, then the "retina-ness" of the display will get somewhat diluted, but maybe that would even be noticeable at this small scale.
I don't think it would be noticeable.
The size change to the screen that is being suggested is about 8% which on the 326 dpi current screen would see a drop to pretty much bang on 300dpi.
Coincidentally the exact resolution of pretty much all magazine print.
It's not as though people look at magazines thinking "Euuurgh! Look at all those hideous dots!"
And yes, even if you held a magazine the same distance from your face as an iPhone :p
I think a physical size change would attract bad press "Apple makes all iPhone 4 peripherals redundant!!!11" and likewise a resolution change would seriously piss off the development community that is the main breadwinner for Apple in the AppStore.
The double pixel bump from 3 to 4 avoided this because it was a straight doubling of rez so apps could be elegantly(ish) upscaled. Adding a few extra pixels would achieve very little and be extremely annoying for the app devs.
The fact that the 'Retina Display' is established in the public's mind means that they aren't going to notice (or care) about an extremely marginal drop in resolution.
In fact, the only people who will even mention it will be Android owners:D
Jay42
Jan 6, 08:26 AM
^^That would be excellent if someone could capture the stream.
http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2007/01/20070105150245.shtml
We'll update that page. It's linked to this thread.
arn
This was just what I was looking for, thanks arn. I like to get the full effect ;)
http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2007/01/20070105150245.shtml
We'll update that page. It's linked to this thread.
arn
This was just what I was looking for, thanks arn. I like to get the full effect ;)
tkermit
Apr 5, 05:59 PM
If you ever want to be really successful and maybe even wealthy, then this app is vital.
Wow. Just...wow.
Wow. Just...wow.
gleepskip
Jan 5, 03:15 PM
The agony.
3 days, 19 hours, 45 minutes left.
3 days, 19 hours, 45 minutes left.
Rm.237
Apr 8, 01:01 PM
Perhaps! New Hardware is coming out (iMacs???) and the promo will be a buy a Mac get an iPad for $X.
Sure. Uh huh. Yeah right. :rolleyes:
Sure. Uh huh. Yeah right. :rolleyes:
organicpixels
Apr 16, 01:33 AM
I by chance flew from West Palm Beach to Dallas last Wednesday and what a surprise to see none other then Steve Wozniac on my plane. He had an iphone in his hand and the thing I noticed was that the shell was silver. not black or white. I doubt that he's still using a 1st gen model. So I'm guessing he may have one of these? I couldn't tell..
No comments:
Post a Comment