Munshi75
06-13 02:09 PM
Thanks for all the information. Mine and my spouse's I-140 was approved 2 years ago. So, I guess I can apply for my EAD and live in this country legally.
This is the feeling I got reading from different forums for few months, as soon as your employer revokes your H1B, it might trigger a RFE from USCIS asking for all details and your employment. It will be difficult for you to deal with such a situation unless you immediately find another prospective employer. It is better to apply for EAD while on H1b beased on pending I-485.
This is the feeling I got reading from different forums for few months, as soon as your employer revokes your H1B, it might trigger a RFE from USCIS asking for all details and your employment. It will be difficult for you to deal with such a situation unless you immediately find another prospective employer. It is better to apply for EAD while on H1b beased on pending I-485.
wallpaper duramax, Chevy
perm2gc
08-24 04:48 PM
I have similar situation and not sure whether I will be able to apply for H1B revalidation..
I filed my i 140 and i 485 on Dec 23rd 2003 under EB3 category. I think my labor was filed under EB3 category. My Priority date is Mid August 2003. After 180 days of filing (around Nov 2004) I left my sponsoring company and joined another company with similar Job responsibility (to avail AC21), But didn't get my H1b transferred to new company. I got married recently and Ofcourse I can't file for my wife's i 485 since I am from India and visa numbers are not available. Can I get my H1Bvisa transferred to new employer if he is willing to sponsor? I got 3 years on H1B left
H1B Years are not based on employer..You can Recapture H1B time for any employer.You will get your 3 year extension with new employer if your attroney files so..
My Views Are Personal..Consult Immigration Attroney !!!
I filed my i 140 and i 485 on Dec 23rd 2003 under EB3 category. I think my labor was filed under EB3 category. My Priority date is Mid August 2003. After 180 days of filing (around Nov 2004) I left my sponsoring company and joined another company with similar Job responsibility (to avail AC21), But didn't get my H1b transferred to new company. I got married recently and Ofcourse I can't file for my wife's i 485 since I am from India and visa numbers are not available. Can I get my H1Bvisa transferred to new employer if he is willing to sponsor? I got 3 years on H1B left
H1B Years are not based on employer..You can Recapture H1B time for any employer.You will get your 3 year extension with new employer if your attroney files so..
My Views Are Personal..Consult Immigration Attroney !!!
pappu
01-09 11:56 AM
Come on fellas, I need your input.
Could you update your profile please. Your profile says you are from Afghanistan and other details are missing.
The delays you pointed out are actually being discussed by IV core at this time (part of our 2009 plan if members want to) and we are thinking of making a case for it. In order to do that we will need statistics on our site to prove how many people (our members) are affected. We can use that % dataset to determine the similarity with overall similar cases. We can also use the statistics to make a case for all cases that are current for a long time and still waiting. We will need community's help if you all want to use the stats and graphs for our presentation on this advocacy effort. This effort will be successful if we get help from all members EB1, EB2 ROW and others in all categories that are current for I485 or are outside their application processing times for their other immigration applications. This may become one of our 2009 push and we can work on it.
Writing letters is good. But they need to be backed by a campaign and IV name needs to be behind it to make it a national campaign. Not sure how much individual letters may help as we have learnt from past experiences.
Good you posted this thread. Let us have a discussion what EB1, EB2ROW and others that are current want? And also what people whose I140 etc is stuck and are outside processing time want? Are they willing to support such campaign? Can these people get all such folks together on this platform to run this campaign?
Could you update your profile please. Your profile says you are from Afghanistan and other details are missing.
The delays you pointed out are actually being discussed by IV core at this time (part of our 2009 plan if members want to) and we are thinking of making a case for it. In order to do that we will need statistics on our site to prove how many people (our members) are affected. We can use that % dataset to determine the similarity with overall similar cases. We can also use the statistics to make a case for all cases that are current for a long time and still waiting. We will need community's help if you all want to use the stats and graphs for our presentation on this advocacy effort. This effort will be successful if we get help from all members EB1, EB2 ROW and others in all categories that are current for I485 or are outside their application processing times for their other immigration applications. This may become one of our 2009 push and we can work on it.
Writing letters is good. But they need to be backed by a campaign and IV name needs to be behind it to make it a national campaign. Not sure how much individual letters may help as we have learnt from past experiences.
Good you posted this thread. Let us have a discussion what EB1, EB2ROW and others that are current want? And also what people whose I140 etc is stuck and are outside processing time want? Are they willing to support such campaign? Can these people get all such folks together on this platform to run this campaign?
2011 ***2006 Chevy Silverado Lifted
alterego
06-21 10:27 PM
You would be best served with the services of an experienced attorney in this area. This is a rather difficult situation. Any answers on this board are likely to be speculative. Some money spent in this critical juncture would be money well spent.
From what I can see, you have 2 options, either to continue with your currently approved 140 and file for a 485 or get a new one and try to affix your PD from the old approved 140. Either way once you get to the 485 stage you should be more secure in things, and can then look to invoke AC 21 rules.
From what I can see, you have 2 options, either to continue with your currently approved 140 and file for a 485 or get a new one and try to affix your PD from the old approved 140. Either way once you get to the 485 stage you should be more secure in things, and can then look to invoke AC 21 rules.
more...
roseball
01-06 10:27 PM
Has anyone claimed unemployment benefits in EAD in TX state after being laid off? Can you please tell whats the procedure. I do not want to get into the debate of whether UB can be claimed while in AOS state? I just need to know the procedure. Thanks.
Yes, one of my colleagues in Dallas applied as he was unemployed for more than 8 months before he landed another job. However, the reason he applied is he was ok with having to go back to his home country incase of any complications. He is still is US and is happily employed.....This doesn't mean someone wont run into trouble by applying for benefits while in AOS.....Just sharing what I know....
Yes, one of my colleagues in Dallas applied as he was unemployed for more than 8 months before he landed another job. However, the reason he applied is he was ok with having to go back to his home country incase of any complications. He is still is US and is happily employed.....This doesn't mean someone wont run into trouble by applying for benefits while in AOS.....Just sharing what I know....
Keeme
06-25 02:15 PM
^^^^^^
Excellent initiative ! Let's do it !
Excellent initiative ! Let's do it !
more...
amitjoey
11-30 06:12 PM
Guys,
If one IV member moves from State A to B, what would be the process of transferring membership to state chapter?
Will it merely be a deleting datbase record from one state and adding it to another state? Or would it be again filling up survey to new state chapter..?
Thanks.
Dont worry, IV is not a bureaucratic government organisation. Simply join the new state chapter and start working with them.
If one IV member moves from State A to B, what would be the process of transferring membership to state chapter?
Will it merely be a deleting datbase record from one state and adding it to another state? Or would it be again filling up survey to new state chapter..?
Thanks.
Dont worry, IV is not a bureaucratic government organisation. Simply join the new state chapter and start working with them.
2010 Chevrolet Silverado Lifted
sweet_jungle
10-15 07:30 PM
Use the reply from Ombudsman's office and do an inquiry via your local senators office. Also call up central customer service and open a service request. (Get the number and info of the call like the timings and officers name). Finally if you date is current and is not getting picked up for adjudication. File a WOM.
Called up USCIS customer service. SR was not opened as they cannot open SR on wrong info on response letter. Writing letter to service center is the only option.
I sent off another Ombudsman case sheet requesting PD fix.
Called up USCIS customer service. SR was not opened as they cannot open SR on wrong info on response letter. Writing letter to service center is the only option.
I sent off another Ombudsman case sheet requesting PD fix.
more...
lax999
08-11 12:43 PM
My Info:
PD: 05/2006
RD: July-02-2007
I140 Approved in 2006
PD: 05/2006
RD: July-02-2007
I140 Approved in 2006
hair 86 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4,

glus
02-16 08:56 AM
hello,
I had a very similar situation when i applied for a load a year ago. The loan officer was puzzled with my immigration status. He initially pre-approved the load and then he called and said that the bank can't approved due to my immigration status. However, the deny letter did not say that and said that the reason for denial was a completely different one. I spoke to a lawyer regarding this and he said that as long as I don't have immigration status / or origin of mine as the reason of denial in writing, I don't have a case. And, he said, immigration status can be taken into consideration when applying for a loan. As such, I re-aplied in a different bank and had no issues whatsoever.
I had a very similar situation when i applied for a load a year ago. The loan officer was puzzled with my immigration status. He initially pre-approved the load and then he called and said that the bank can't approved due to my immigration status. However, the deny letter did not say that and said that the reason for denial was a completely different one. I spoke to a lawyer regarding this and he said that as long as I don't have immigration status / or origin of mine as the reason of denial in writing, I don't have a case. And, he said, immigration status can be taken into consideration when applying for a loan. As such, I re-aplied in a different bank and had no issues whatsoever.
more...
SmSm
06-04 08:40 AM
My PD 15 July 2002 EB3 India and
I485 Receipt Date May 12, 2004
Found that someone with Aug 2002 PD got approved on June 1 whose I485 Receipt date was May 2003.
I guess USCIS does not go by PD to select who should be adjucated first but by what date the I485 was received. They are really ingenious and creative in finding ways to be inefficient and unjust.
Oh well....
IV is the only place that is doing a lot to change.
Keep the good work IV.
Have donated $200 under my name and $150 under my wife's name to IV
I485 Receipt Date May 12, 2004
Found that someone with Aug 2002 PD got approved on June 1 whose I485 Receipt date was May 2003.
I guess USCIS does not go by PD to select who should be adjucated first but by what date the I485 was received. They are really ingenious and creative in finding ways to be inefficient and unjust.
Oh well....
IV is the only place that is doing a lot to change.
Keep the good work IV.
Have donated $200 under my name and $150 under my wife's name to IV
hot Chevy Silverado 2500 Lifted.
whitecollarslave
02-26 01:50 PM
Guys, Sorry for my ignorance but
I was checking vfs-usa.co.in website and in "Immigrant Visas for East & West " section, its written
An immigrant visa allows the person receiving it to live and work indefinitely in the United States. Immigrant visas are issued based on approved I-129F, I-130, I-140, I-360, or I-600 petitions that establish a family- or employment-based relationship between the petitioner and the beneficiary.
I have my I140 approved through a american company and my h1b is getting expired in june 09.
According to above wordings, I can get a visa to live and work indefinitely,based on my approved I140. I have never heard about it.
Might be some one can explain what is exactly means.
Thanks in advance!!!!
https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/ApplnForms/CalendarDatesFrame.aspx?param=+Vv1l5af10Fj9LRisYRG lOas6VuVWZj874VfIUoa8/i/nDTCOq948rhTtLbfrAqki7SQQWSNLLD/GVTVwV9esxn7sbFyXKFBIf+0MhxDK3lO9SX9/icHZuOj59V0yrWmbfsA8p25o30TIxXH2iKk9vG7LmdlwDBGv8D MV/ZPB+VjmunVn3/J5jOdBHdnIQXmWzpfrp/QRvDdsax0+vpHY8y9UxMiJXWBkQgbatE9DwFZgut4/12t7UswvdMDdKj9uk1Aj8HjxeTpMC8IoZ2LHA==
Ok, so the above says that you can get a "immigrant visa" based on approved 140 (for your case). In order to get that "immigrant visa" that will allow you to work "indefinitely", you need to actually apply for the the "visa". Based on your 140, you can apply for this "immigrant visa" in two ways. If you are outside of the country, do what is called "consular processing" where you apply for a immigrant visa at a US consulate in a different country. If you are already (legally) in the US, you apply for what is called adjustment of status. The problem is that these "immigrant visas" based on 140 are in short supply compared to demand. Join the queue.
... so whats your confusion?
I was checking vfs-usa.co.in website and in "Immigrant Visas for East & West " section, its written
An immigrant visa allows the person receiving it to live and work indefinitely in the United States. Immigrant visas are issued based on approved I-129F, I-130, I-140, I-360, or I-600 petitions that establish a family- or employment-based relationship between the petitioner and the beneficiary.
I have my I140 approved through a american company and my h1b is getting expired in june 09.
According to above wordings, I can get a visa to live and work indefinitely,based on my approved I140. I have never heard about it.
Might be some one can explain what is exactly means.
Thanks in advance!!!!
https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/ApplnForms/CalendarDatesFrame.aspx?param=+Vv1l5af10Fj9LRisYRG lOas6VuVWZj874VfIUoa8/i/nDTCOq948rhTtLbfrAqki7SQQWSNLLD/GVTVwV9esxn7sbFyXKFBIf+0MhxDK3lO9SX9/icHZuOj59V0yrWmbfsA8p25o30TIxXH2iKk9vG7LmdlwDBGv8D MV/ZPB+VjmunVn3/J5jOdBHdnIQXmWzpfrp/QRvDdsax0+vpHY8y9UxMiJXWBkQgbatE9DwFZgut4/12t7UswvdMDdKj9uk1Aj8HjxeTpMC8IoZ2LHA==
Ok, so the above says that you can get a "immigrant visa" based on approved 140 (for your case). In order to get that "immigrant visa" that will allow you to work "indefinitely", you need to actually apply for the the "visa". Based on your 140, you can apply for this "immigrant visa" in two ways. If you are outside of the country, do what is called "consular processing" where you apply for a immigrant visa at a US consulate in a different country. If you are already (legally) in the US, you apply for what is called adjustment of status. The problem is that these "immigrant visas" based on 140 are in short supply compared to demand. Join the queue.
... so whats your confusion?
more...
house lifted 2000 chevy silverado
krishnam70
06-11 05:13 PM
Dear Viewers
Could anyone please advice me on how to claim the unpaid salary from the previous employers.
I was working for a company based in Michigan run by an Indian. This person did not pay me my last month salary. He does not pick up his phone or respond to my email. I have all the proof that my client has paid him the money for which I worked but he continue to ignore my request. This guy owes me around 5000 dollars.
Any piece of advice would be of great help.
1. Send an email to the employer
2. Send a letter with a proof of delivery and signature stating your case and that you need to be paid and reminding him/her of their legal obligation and give them 7-10 days to comply failing which you will report to DOL.
3. If you have not received your dues, complain to your DOL immediately
I assume that your legal status is not compromised by doing the above and you have a backup for maintaining your legal status in case the employer comes back at you by canceling your H1 etc.
- cheers
kris
Could anyone please advice me on how to claim the unpaid salary from the previous employers.
I was working for a company based in Michigan run by an Indian. This person did not pay me my last month salary. He does not pick up his phone or respond to my email. I have all the proof that my client has paid him the money for which I worked but he continue to ignore my request. This guy owes me around 5000 dollars.
Any piece of advice would be of great help.
1. Send an email to the employer
2. Send a letter with a proof of delivery and signature stating your case and that you need to be paid and reminding him/her of their legal obligation and give them 7-10 days to comply failing which you will report to DOL.
3. If you have not received your dues, complain to your DOL immediately
I assume that your legal status is not compromised by doing the above and you have a backup for maintaining your legal status in case the employer comes back at you by canceling your H1 etc.
- cheers
kris
tattoo 2011+chevy+silverado+lifted+black
raju123
06-11 06:12 PM
Be careful for making every one fool !
Mistake..............Now i am not able to change the title-sorry guys.
Mistake..............Now i am not able to change the title-sorry guys.
more...
pictures 2011+chevy+silverado+lifted+black
.jpg)
pkak
07-23 07:53 AM
Rs 1500 Laptop to be launched soon | Bharat Chronicle (http://www.bharatchronicle.com/rs-1500-laptop-to-be-launched-soon-7672)
The cost of the material, which worked out to $47, was brought down after a massive exercise, including a 50% government subsidy.
The cost of the material, which worked out to $47, was brought down after a massive exercise, including a 50% government subsidy.
dresses Chevrolet : C-10 1986
rsayed
09-14 01:13 PM
Your visa will be stamped for the required period - IRRESPECTIVE of your Passport expiry (the only condition being that your passport should be valid for the next 6 months).
Upon expiry of your passort - you can travel with your renewed (or new booklet passport), though your US Visa remains in the old passport.
You will need to carry BOTH your old passport (with the US Visa) and the new one, anytime you travel in and out of the US.
Hi Friends,
Please read the below query and post any information you have. Thanks in advance for your help !
I have an appointment for H1 VISA re-stamping in Toronto, Canada in 2nd week of October
My current H1 VISA is valid until Nov 2006.
I am planning to get restmped based on my new H1 petition valid until Sep 2008.
The problem here is that my passport is valid only until Dec 2007.
In this case Can I get the new VISA stamped until Sep 2008?
On the website it says that "To be eligible for a VISA, you passport must be valid for at least 6 months past intended stay in the United States"
Please post your valuable replies.
Regards,
Krishna.
Upon expiry of your passort - you can travel with your renewed (or new booklet passport), though your US Visa remains in the old passport.
You will need to carry BOTH your old passport (with the US Visa) and the new one, anytime you travel in and out of the US.
Hi Friends,
Please read the below query and post any information you have. Thanks in advance for your help !
I have an appointment for H1 VISA re-stamping in Toronto, Canada in 2nd week of October
My current H1 VISA is valid until Nov 2006.
I am planning to get restmped based on my new H1 petition valid until Sep 2008.
The problem here is that my passport is valid only until Dec 2007.
In this case Can I get the new VISA stamped until Sep 2008?
On the website it says that "To be eligible for a VISA, you passport must be valid for at least 6 months past intended stay in the United States"
Please post your valuable replies.
Regards,
Krishna.
more...
makeup 1986 CHEVROLET CHEVY TRUCK
ImmiRam
09-08 05:16 PM
Hi all,
I know the Forums are still pretty active but is the IV Organisation itself still active?
I came across the IV website yesterday and was really stuck by the mission statement of the Organisation. I did not think twice - went ahead and got registered and made one time donation. I even voted for one of the polls for Sep 18 rally and making plans to visit DC but only to realise today that it was really old one :) Also when I was reviewing the forums today I realised that most of the activities seem to be around years 2006-2007 - like Fundraising Campaign or Media News ,etc.
Appreciate anyones response to let me know if IC is still active. Please do not direct any personal attacks. I did not need to explore GC info so far since my GC was started only during March of 2010 & got my Lc approved only yesterday.
If the organisation is still active, I am looking forward to joing the CT chapter. Thanks!
I know the Forums are still pretty active but is the IV Organisation itself still active?
I came across the IV website yesterday and was really stuck by the mission statement of the Organisation. I did not think twice - went ahead and got registered and made one time donation. I even voted for one of the polls for Sep 18 rally and making plans to visit DC but only to realise today that it was really old one :) Also when I was reviewing the forums today I realised that most of the activities seem to be around years 2006-2007 - like Fundraising Campaign or Media News ,etc.
Appreciate anyones response to let me know if IC is still active. Please do not direct any personal attacks. I did not need to explore GC info so far since my GC was started only during March of 2010 & got my Lc approved only yesterday.
If the organisation is still active, I am looking forward to joing the CT chapter. Thanks!
girlfriend 1996 Chevy Silverado LIFTED
camarasa
08-09 06:00 PM
Immigration debate: Firms warn of lack of workers
Federal crackdown could force firings across the state.
By Susan Ferriss - Bee Staff Writer
Published 12:00 am PDT Thursday, August 9, 2007
California businesses, which employ the majority of illegal immigrants throughout the country, are reeling after federal officials announced a new workplace crackdown.
People in industries as diverse as California's hotels and massive farms, its restaurants and convalescent homes,said Wednesday they are confused and fear they could be forced into mass firings.
Those at risk are employers who've received letters from the Social Security Administration saying their workers' numbers don't match names in federal databases.
As early as this month, the Department of Homeland Security plans to require all employers who have received those letters to fire the workers if the discrepancy cannot be resolved relatively quickly.
The department is planning to use the letters to track down employers and conduct raids if necessary, leading to fines or prosecution of businesses that don't fire the workers in question.
Homeland Security has been considering using Social Security information as a tool to enforce immigration laws for some time, but officials were waiting to see if Congress would approve changes to put some illegal immigrants on a path to legal residency.
Central Valley farmers -- and other agricultural interests who provide a huge percentage of the nation's food -- are warning Americans that they believe small businesses could go under and that prices could soar or products could become scarce.
"This is the nightmare I always hoped we would never get to," said Manuel Cuhna of the Nisei Farmers League, an industry association in the San Joaquin Valley, a cradle of American food production.
"I'm totally agitated about this," Cuhna said. "Everybody has received those letters, 90 percent of them in the farm industry. We're going to have to shut down the food chain."
Cuhna said he and others are frustrated because, "One part of the government has been telling us not to fire workers, and now another is going to tell us to fire them."
Up to this point, the Social Security Administration has instructed employers, in those letters, not to fire their workers but just to inform them of the mismatch.
Some workers, sensing their covers were blown, voluntarily left jobs after the letters arrived.
Many California employers see the new Homeland Security policy as an attack on the same businesses that have for years implored Congress to create better tools to help them check the veracity of workers' documents.
They also were counting on Congress to provide more legal work visas to foreign workers they need in many jobs.
While some Social Security numbers are stolen by fraudulent document artists, most of the mismatches in numbers are thought to be due to illegal immigrants' use of invented Social Security numbers.
A Sacramento construction worker who builds sound walls along freeways and housing subdivisions said he has used a fake Social Security number for 10 years.
"The employers are just going to keep hiring people, but off the books completely," he predicted, requesting that his name not be used out of fear he might be discovered.
Cuhna said he received a call Wednesday from a California dairy farmer who has received a number of letters informing him of employees' mismatched names and Social Security numbers.
But his businesses relies on foreign workers willing to do the isolated, messy job of caring for and milking cows, Cuhna said.
"He's in a panic. If they come and take his workers away, he'll have no one to milk his cows and his cows will die," Cuhna said.
"I told him, 'Take photos of those cows with their legs up in the air and send it to Congress.' "
Inside thousands of California dairies, which produce about 20 percent of the nation's milk, "There are a lot of illegal workers, let me tell you that," Cuhna said.
Jesse Alderete, a labor contractor in the Salinas Valley, the largest producer of U.S. fresh vegetables, said: "This is going to be delicate. There are going to be hundreds of thousands of people running around without jobs."
Larry Rohlfes, a director of the California Landscaping Contractors Association, said, "I know it's coming, and I know it's going to hurt." Rohlfes' group has been outspoken in admitting employers probably have undocumented workers on their payrolls. The same employers say they have done all that was required of them to check employee documents, copy them and keep them on file.
He predicted that dismissed landscapers will enter the underground economy.
Trying to ferret out workers by following Social Security's mismatch letters might also backfire by sparking a greater demand for cards with stolen Social Security numbers, said some former Homeland Security officials.
"This will, frankly, spur more identity theft of legitimate legal residents' and American citizens' documents," said Victor Cerda, a Washington, D.C., immigration lawyer who was in charge of removal of illegal immigrants while with Homeland Security.
He said the new policy was a "dramatic shift" toward putting the responsibility for illegal immigration on employers, a good shift but too "piecemeal" because it doesn't address a real demand for labor.
"Is Congress really going to line up with Homeland Security when enforcement goes into their neighborhoods, and disrupts business and they start hearing from constituents?" Cerda asked.
http://www.sacbee.com/101/story/316330.html
Federal crackdown could force firings across the state.
By Susan Ferriss - Bee Staff Writer
Published 12:00 am PDT Thursday, August 9, 2007
California businesses, which employ the majority of illegal immigrants throughout the country, are reeling after federal officials announced a new workplace crackdown.
People in industries as diverse as California's hotels and massive farms, its restaurants and convalescent homes,said Wednesday they are confused and fear they could be forced into mass firings.
Those at risk are employers who've received letters from the Social Security Administration saying their workers' numbers don't match names in federal databases.
As early as this month, the Department of Homeland Security plans to require all employers who have received those letters to fire the workers if the discrepancy cannot be resolved relatively quickly.
The department is planning to use the letters to track down employers and conduct raids if necessary, leading to fines or prosecution of businesses that don't fire the workers in question.
Homeland Security has been considering using Social Security information as a tool to enforce immigration laws for some time, but officials were waiting to see if Congress would approve changes to put some illegal immigrants on a path to legal residency.
Central Valley farmers -- and other agricultural interests who provide a huge percentage of the nation's food -- are warning Americans that they believe small businesses could go under and that prices could soar or products could become scarce.
"This is the nightmare I always hoped we would never get to," said Manuel Cuhna of the Nisei Farmers League, an industry association in the San Joaquin Valley, a cradle of American food production.
"I'm totally agitated about this," Cuhna said. "Everybody has received those letters, 90 percent of them in the farm industry. We're going to have to shut down the food chain."
Cuhna said he and others are frustrated because, "One part of the government has been telling us not to fire workers, and now another is going to tell us to fire them."
Up to this point, the Social Security Administration has instructed employers, in those letters, not to fire their workers but just to inform them of the mismatch.
Some workers, sensing their covers were blown, voluntarily left jobs after the letters arrived.
Many California employers see the new Homeland Security policy as an attack on the same businesses that have for years implored Congress to create better tools to help them check the veracity of workers' documents.
They also were counting on Congress to provide more legal work visas to foreign workers they need in many jobs.
While some Social Security numbers are stolen by fraudulent document artists, most of the mismatches in numbers are thought to be due to illegal immigrants' use of invented Social Security numbers.
A Sacramento construction worker who builds sound walls along freeways and housing subdivisions said he has used a fake Social Security number for 10 years.
"The employers are just going to keep hiring people, but off the books completely," he predicted, requesting that his name not be used out of fear he might be discovered.
Cuhna said he received a call Wednesday from a California dairy farmer who has received a number of letters informing him of employees' mismatched names and Social Security numbers.
But his businesses relies on foreign workers willing to do the isolated, messy job of caring for and milking cows, Cuhna said.
"He's in a panic. If they come and take his workers away, he'll have no one to milk his cows and his cows will die," Cuhna said.
"I told him, 'Take photos of those cows with their legs up in the air and send it to Congress.' "
Inside thousands of California dairies, which produce about 20 percent of the nation's milk, "There are a lot of illegal workers, let me tell you that," Cuhna said.
Jesse Alderete, a labor contractor in the Salinas Valley, the largest producer of U.S. fresh vegetables, said: "This is going to be delicate. There are going to be hundreds of thousands of people running around without jobs."
Larry Rohlfes, a director of the California Landscaping Contractors Association, said, "I know it's coming, and I know it's going to hurt." Rohlfes' group has been outspoken in admitting employers probably have undocumented workers on their payrolls. The same employers say they have done all that was required of them to check employee documents, copy them and keep them on file.
He predicted that dismissed landscapers will enter the underground economy.
Trying to ferret out workers by following Social Security's mismatch letters might also backfire by sparking a greater demand for cards with stolen Social Security numbers, said some former Homeland Security officials.
"This will, frankly, spur more identity theft of legitimate legal residents' and American citizens' documents," said Victor Cerda, a Washington, D.C., immigration lawyer who was in charge of removal of illegal immigrants while with Homeland Security.
He said the new policy was a "dramatic shift" toward putting the responsibility for illegal immigration on employers, a good shift but too "piecemeal" because it doesn't address a real demand for labor.
"Is Congress really going to line up with Homeland Security when enforcement goes into their neighborhoods, and disrupts business and they start hearing from constituents?" Cerda asked.
http://www.sacbee.com/101/story/316330.html
hairstyles 1986 Chevy Tow Truck,
syedajmal
09-22 03:00 PM
could you please share when you applied for AP so that we can know how long it took for approval after RFE...
Applied for EAD/AP online on 06/04/2008.
Got 2 years EAD approved on 08/05/2008.
Got an RFE for AP (missing photos) on 08/07/08.
replied for RFE on 08/13/08.
AP approved on 09/13 and got it on 09/20
Hope this timeline helps
Applied for EAD/AP online on 06/04/2008.
Got 2 years EAD approved on 08/05/2008.
Got an RFE for AP (missing photos) on 08/07/08.
replied for RFE on 08/13/08.
AP approved on 09/13 and got it on 09/20
Hope this timeline helps
chanduv23
09-14 02:13 PM
You cann decide now, and make it to DC
JUST FOLLOW YOUR HEART
JUST FOLLOW YOUR HEART
wandmaker
12-02 11:30 PM
Wandmaker, do you know what are the odds of getting approval for COS to B2 from H1B?
I'm about to submit an application for work visa in New Zealand and I want to stay here in the US and wait for my NZ visa approval here. I'm a Filipino national. I'm currently working on some document requirements and my guess-timate is that I'll get my NZ work visa by late January or even February. I do have an employer waiting for me in NZ and I signed an employment contract already. Will all these info be enough to support my application to stay for a few months and leave when I get all my affairs in order (NZ visa,etc)?
Thanks!
As long as your (immigration) records are clean, I do not see any issues in COSing to B2 from H1B. You do not have to go into greater detail about your future employment. You just need to mention that you have some personal closing tasks and site seeing to do before leaving the US for good, it should fetch you 6 months.
I'm about to submit an application for work visa in New Zealand and I want to stay here in the US and wait for my NZ visa approval here. I'm a Filipino national. I'm currently working on some document requirements and my guess-timate is that I'll get my NZ work visa by late January or even February. I do have an employer waiting for me in NZ and I signed an employment contract already. Will all these info be enough to support my application to stay for a few months and leave when I get all my affairs in order (NZ visa,etc)?
Thanks!
As long as your (immigration) records are clean, I do not see any issues in COSing to B2 from H1B. You do not have to go into greater detail about your future employment. You just need to mention that you have some personal closing tasks and site seeing to do before leaving the US for good, it should fetch you 6 months.
No comments:
Post a Comment