SeaFox
Nov 20, 07:20 PM
If Apple releases a phone in the next few months that has OS X on it, I will personally eat one and post it on YouTube. ;)
So I guess you'd be off the hook this this case since as you can see from that phone's screen, it's running Mac OS M. ;)
Email needs to be a a focus, really. The thing about IM is the person has to be available to chat unless they leave themselves logged on all the time. I might as well just call them in that case. :rolleyes: With email, you can deliver a long message to a person even if their phone is turned off.
So I guess you'd be off the hook this this case since as you can see from that phone's screen, it's running Mac OS M. ;)
Email needs to be a a focus, really. The thing about IM is the person has to be available to chat unless they leave themselves logged on all the time. I might as well just call them in that case. :rolleyes: With email, you can deliver a long message to a person even if their phone is turned off.
Macaroony
May 3, 06:25 AM
Why would it be ironic? Giving blood is a selfless act and anything that helps increase stocks is a positive.
I wasn't saying anything against donating blood, I commend that. I just pointed out that there aren't that many potential donors here to actively support that cause.
I can bake cookies, though, and if you give me a tenner I'll go buy some OJ on my way.
I wasn't saying anything against donating blood, I commend that. I just pointed out that there aren't that many potential donors here to actively support that cause.
I can bake cookies, though, and if you give me a tenner I'll go buy some OJ on my way.
TUD
Apr 13, 09:39 AM
thanks for continuing to screw us 3gs owners over apple...
My phone is on its last leg, dropping calls all of the time, have to charge it 3 times a day. If i had known this, i would have already bought a 4...
+1
The screen may not change on the next revision. So there may be no need to change production.
That's what I am thinking.
My phone is on its last leg, dropping calls all of the time, have to charge it 3 times a day. If i had known this, i would have already bought a 4...
+1
The screen may not change on the next revision. So there may be no need to change production.
That's what I am thinking.
gnomeisland
Apr 4, 12:12 PM
this is why carrier competition is important. The t-mobile deal needs to be struck down by regulators.
amen!
amen!
more...
mattcube64
Apr 5, 01:59 AM
The world's biggest Viper dealer is up here about 45mins away from me. Woodhouse is THE place to go if you want to buy, or just gawk at, a ton of sweet Vipers. They're one of Dodge's biggest clients in the motorsports world, and expanded that to the street cars. Pretty sweet place. I bought my Talon from them years ago, and got to see The Viper Pit, as they call it. It is a sight to behold....
(not my pics)
http://i.imgur.com/xmAHC.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ImITR.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/y37Vq.jpg
:eek: :eek: :eek:
I just made a huge mess. :o
(not my pics)
http://i.imgur.com/xmAHC.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ImITR.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/y37Vq.jpg
:eek: :eek: :eek:
I just made a huge mess. :o
eternlgladiator
Mar 26, 08:56 PM
EPIC. I hope the winner does get a refund but after a long drawn out process for being so slow. You always read everything on an eBay auction.
more...
Hummer
Dec 26, 10:46 PM
Bought!
wackattack
Nov 20, 12:51 PM
The idea of an iChat Phone is interesting. I don't know how kids are in the US but in europe they use teir phones more to send txt messages then to actually talk. But on the other hand I guess this phone would be priced too high for those kids and in europe everybody uses MSN instead of AIM so I'm not sure they would ever try to release such a device because in that case they should port iChat to Windows as well to make it a hit worldwide.
more...
MAC-PRO-DEMON
Apr 5, 12:03 PM
My Current...
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/4612/screenie20110405at10001.jpg
I love that wallpaper! Any clues as to where it's from?
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/4612/screenie20110405at10001.jpg
I love that wallpaper! Any clues as to where it's from?
monke
Oct 17, 09:41 PM
http://att.macrumors.com/contest/05BE19.jpg
more...

THX1139
Mar 21, 06:56 PM
Wow, $25 an hour sounds very reasonable to me. Is that really the going rate for graphic design or is that the "just getting started in design" rate? Anyway, hope it works out for you. Sometimes the difficult clients can provide the most rewarding work, but the psycho ones are seldom worth the effort.
$25 an hour for 3 hours work is NOT reasonable unless you live in a motor home in the desert. $25 is only good if it's a wage and you have an employer paying benefits and taxes for you. But as a freelancer, $25 is not that much by the time you pay taxes and other expenses; unless you are billing out 50 or 60 hours a week. 3 hours at $25 is terrible! A hundred hours (billable) at $25 is better... but still kind of low (depending on experience and where you live).
If the OP is going to bill hourly, then he at least needs to set a minimum hourly charge to make worth his while.
$25 an hour for 3 hours work is NOT reasonable unless you live in a motor home in the desert. $25 is only good if it's a wage and you have an employer paying benefits and taxes for you. But as a freelancer, $25 is not that much by the time you pay taxes and other expenses; unless you are billing out 50 or 60 hours a week. 3 hours at $25 is terrible! A hundred hours (billable) at $25 is better... but still kind of low (depending on experience and where you live).
If the OP is going to bill hourly, then he at least needs to set a minimum hourly charge to make worth his while.
bboyredcel
Nov 22, 03:29 PM
A convesation that bboyredcel had with himself.
bboyredcel- Hi, I'm a stupid moron and I want to show people that I think I'm really cute.
himself- Let's pretend you, bboyredcel, call Apple and ask them about the iPhone.
bboyredcel- Yeah and I, bboyredcel, can pretend that I know more than the Apple Expert.
himself- You could then threaten to purchase a competitor's product.
bboyredcel- Yeah, I bet that would really upset him.
himself- And while you're at it you can show the world or at least those who read this page, how stupid you really are.
bboyredcel- What.
himself- Well, everyone who reads MacRumors should know how Apple operates by now. You might as well be calling Apple about a rumored iPizzaMaker or something.
bboyredcel- Really Apple is working on an iPizzaMaker.
himself- God, I wish someone would just lobotomize me!
that was... ummm... not good at all. it wasnt even a good attempt. so umm no.
bboyredcel- Hi, I'm a stupid moron and I want to show people that I think I'm really cute.
himself- Let's pretend you, bboyredcel, call Apple and ask them about the iPhone.
bboyredcel- Yeah and I, bboyredcel, can pretend that I know more than the Apple Expert.
himself- You could then threaten to purchase a competitor's product.
bboyredcel- Yeah, I bet that would really upset him.
himself- And while you're at it you can show the world or at least those who read this page, how stupid you really are.
bboyredcel- What.
himself- Well, everyone who reads MacRumors should know how Apple operates by now. You might as well be calling Apple about a rumored iPizzaMaker or something.
bboyredcel- Really Apple is working on an iPizzaMaker.
himself- God, I wish someone would just lobotomize me!
that was... ummm... not good at all. it wasnt even a good attempt. so umm no.
more...
tallyho
Nov 2, 03:32 PM
May seem like a silly question about the shuffle....but can the 2nd gen Shuffle play gapless if you set it off shuffle and load in a gapless album?

admyrick
Dec 3, 02:46 AM
http://imgur.com/qTSwB.jpg
original please?
original please?
more...
KipCoon
Nov 29, 12:39 PM
1. Buy DVD
2. Handbrake
3. ??????
4. PROFIT!
Brilliant!!!!
Couldn't have thought of a better 4 step plan myself.
But seriously, theres no reason to do it. Its not like the movie stealing industry is promoted with the iPod video, and the fact people are willing to BUY THE VIDEO from iTunes in the first place shows good intentions. If I wanted to stealit, I'd rent the DVD, crack it, and stick it on my iPod, instead of buying off iTunes for a video specific apple device.
They make no sense.
2. Handbrake
3. ??????
4. PROFIT!
Brilliant!!!!
Couldn't have thought of a better 4 step plan myself.
But seriously, theres no reason to do it. Its not like the movie stealing industry is promoted with the iPod video, and the fact people are willing to BUY THE VIDEO from iTunes in the first place shows good intentions. If I wanted to stealit, I'd rent the DVD, crack it, and stick it on my iPod, instead of buying off iTunes for a video specific apple device.
They make no sense.
daviddcmd
Mar 27, 11:24 AM
I do understand law.
In civil court....you are correct. In criminal court...no dice. In a criminal court the prosector has to prove that the defendant has violated the LETTER OF LAW. Clearly the seller didn't in this case.
Civil court judges have much more freedom to interpret law (and intent) than criminal.
You are correct. That's why this isn't a criminal case despite the cry to send this seller to jail.
In civil court....you are correct. In criminal court...no dice. In a criminal court the prosector has to prove that the defendant has violated the LETTER OF LAW. Clearly the seller didn't in this case.
Civil court judges have much more freedom to interpret law (and intent) than criminal.
You are correct. That's why this isn't a criminal case despite the cry to send this seller to jail.
more...
MacBytes
Jul 30, 02:50 PM
http://www.macbytes.com/images/bytessig.gif (http://www.macbytes.com)
Category: Tips and How To's
Link: Training Wheels for Your iPad (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20100730155006)
Description:: none
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)
Approved by Mudbug
Category: Tips and How To's
Link: Training Wheels for Your iPad (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20100730155006)
Description:: none
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)
Approved by Mudbug
Hisdem
Apr 9, 01:16 PM
Saw this in the dealership today. I want one. Who knows, when I have $118,000 I might give it a try :p
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4110/5602889077_c04c22a79b_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/maxumphoto/5602889077/)
Yellow Beast (http://www.flickr.com/photos/maxumphoto/5602889077/) by Hisdem (http://www.flickr.com/people/maxumphoto/), on Flickr
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4110/5602889077_c04c22a79b_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/maxumphoto/5602889077/)
Yellow Beast (http://www.flickr.com/photos/maxumphoto/5602889077/) by Hisdem (http://www.flickr.com/people/maxumphoto/), on Flickr
JezzerP
Apr 15, 04:00 AM
I've been using the full suite of Pluginlab Dreamweaver extensions for a number of years, having licences for both Windows and Mac software. However, a reinstall of OSX means my Mac codes are no longer valid and I need to generate a new set. Unfortunately the site at www.pluginlab.com (http://www.pluginlab.com) has been down for a while and I see now no longer appears in a Google search. It would be a sad thing, but it seems the company has ceased to exist...can anyone else shed any light on the matter?
jrko
Apr 17, 05:40 AM
running a carbon copy cloner run of my itunes 1.3Tb library to its matching backup, a first run of time machine backup to another drive and checking for artwork in itunes - its making a steady 50 deg which aint bad for a machine with a 90% load
Eduardo1971
Apr 6, 12:08 PM
Mmm....12 pita bites sounds delicious.
Mmm...12 peta bytes with hummus. Yum!
Mmm...12 peta bytes with hummus. Yum!
Hisdem
Apr 14, 05:04 PM
I see! Seems like times are changing. And $45? :o I pay $80 to fill my I4 Fusion!!
ericinboston
Apr 27, 01:42 PM
Another BS reply from Jobs...all the tip toe-ing around the questions and answers.
I don't expect him to come out and admit all the bad/evil/unethical things Apple is doing regarding this topic, but he had to come out and say something otherwise people (possibly rightly) will think Apple is evil.
As it was said tons of times, privacy is important. If something is being done to "track" me (no matter what other fancy terms they use for "track" or how much they down play it as some technical necessity) they are still tracking me. Period. Where that data goes and how it's used and how I am tracked should 100% be written in plain English before purchasing said product.
We're not idiots...of course the iPhone needs to figure out where I am when I ask Google to locate me on a map...or explicitly allow an app (like AroundMe) to identify restaurants within 15 miles of my location. But to constantly track me every single minute of the day is just wrong. Period. End of story.
Very likely this Federal lawsuit will pave the way for much clear disclosure by companies regarding tracking our physical movements.
I don't expect him to come out and admit all the bad/evil/unethical things Apple is doing regarding this topic, but he had to come out and say something otherwise people (possibly rightly) will think Apple is evil.
As it was said tons of times, privacy is important. If something is being done to "track" me (no matter what other fancy terms they use for "track" or how much they down play it as some technical necessity) they are still tracking me. Period. Where that data goes and how it's used and how I am tracked should 100% be written in plain English before purchasing said product.
We're not idiots...of course the iPhone needs to figure out where I am when I ask Google to locate me on a map...or explicitly allow an app (like AroundMe) to identify restaurants within 15 miles of my location. But to constantly track me every single minute of the day is just wrong. Period. End of story.
Very likely this Federal lawsuit will pave the way for much clear disclosure by companies regarding tracking our physical movements.
MikeJett86
Mar 17, 04:24 AM
link didn't work for me
No comments:
Post a Comment