
cheg
08-20 10:00 PM
you'll see your private message (PM) on the top right side of your screen. Just click on that. :)
GCOrNoGC - what do u mean by PM's..? I have not recd. anything from u.!
GCOrNoGC - what do u mean by PM's..? I have not recd. anything from u.!
wallpaper derrick rose mvp pic. derrick
CaliHoneB
06-05 03:53 PM
Hi,
I think we need to get some facts from DBEC and PBEC through senators. Basically we need to find out how much time(man hrs) per case they are spending so far and project that to Future (Sept2007) and then probably we can prove that What they are saying " backlog will be eliminated by certain date" is impossible.
I ask IV core team to come up with a strategy to tackle this. I know that IV core team has put 6 months time frame in the bill ( I truely appreciate IV efforts in this) but bill becoming a law has a long way to go..so this should be handled seperately. I am willing to contribute, send faxes and call the senators.
Cheers
I think we need to get some facts from DBEC and PBEC through senators. Basically we need to find out how much time(man hrs) per case they are spending so far and project that to Future (Sept2007) and then probably we can prove that What they are saying " backlog will be eliminated by certain date" is impossible.
I ask IV core team to come up with a strategy to tackle this. I know that IV core team has put 6 months time frame in the bill ( I truely appreciate IV efforts in this) but bill becoming a law has a long way to go..so this should be handled seperately. I am willing to contribute, send faxes and call the senators.
Cheers

MCQ
08-07 05:20 PM
Billboard - i understand your employer's concern - when I used AC21 back in 2003, with EAD, it was a struggle to get employers that would take me on - for similar concerns. I eventually found one, a startup in CA, that would. Their attitude was that their HR people tagged the expiration date of every doc, type of doc and immigration status of every employee they accepted for I-9 purposes, and had it enetered into a database linked to their mail system - every week it would email out to HR a list of docs that would expire for non-citizens and HR then worked with those folks to make sure docs like EAD's were being renewed etc.
A little proactive due diligence, common sense and not so modern technology will easily help keep the employer comliant and more receptive to folk on EAD.
I eventually got my GC from these same guys and this month will file N-400 for citizenship.
McQ
A little proactive due diligence, common sense and not so modern technology will easily help keep the employer comliant and more receptive to folk on EAD.
I eventually got my GC from these same guys and this month will file N-400 for citizenship.
McQ
2011 derrick rose mvp pic. derrick

a_to_z_gc
09-12 03:17 PM
Does anyone know what time it may take for FP notices to arrive for guys whose cases were Xfered to CSC?
i got mine in 1 week after the ckecks were cashed and RN mailed.
i got mine in 1 week after the ckecks were cashed and RN mailed.
more...
immm
08-10 02:04 PM
http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2007/08/10/ap4009032.html
Associated Press
U.S. Seeks to Curb Illegal ImmigrationBy SUZANNE GAMBOA 08.10.07, 1:34 PM ET
WASHINGTON - A crackdown on illegal immigration will have to go forward without help from Congress, the Bush administration said Friday, asserting that an executive-branch-only approach is better than doing nothing.
Two Cabinet secretaries - Homeland Security's Michael Chertoff and Commerce's Carlos Gutierrez - said they had hoped to have new tools to combat illegal immigration before moving further to cope with the problem. But Congress could not agree on comprehensive legislation.
The officials said they'll rely instead on tools already in their arsenal, some of which are already under way, including a plan to administratively sanction employers who hire illegal immigrants.
At a joint news conference, Chertoff and Gutierrez put the onus on Congress for any consequences that may be suffered by employers as a result of the stepped-up enforcement effort.
"Our hope is that key elements of the Senate bill will see the light of day someday, but until Congress chooses to act we are going to be taking some energetic steps of our own," Chertoff said. The steps will "significantly strengthen our hand with respect to immigration enforcement."
The White House emphasized that its package of enforcement changes was all it could do under existing law - the same law that President Bush has repeatedly called unacceptable.
"Although the Congress has not addressed our broken immigration system by passing comprehensive reform legislation, my administration will continue to take every possible step to build upon the progress already made," Bush said as the changes were announced.
Presidential spokeswoman Dana Perino said Bush has used his executive authority in the past to improve immigration enforcement, such as by strengthening border enforcement. She was pressed on why - if the new changes were such a good idea - Bush hadn't made them already.
Perino, talking to reporters at the Kennebunkport, Maine, seaside home of Bush's father, George H.W. Bush, said the president held off on sweeping administrative action while pushing Congress to pass better legislation to address the matter. With that effort now sidelined, she said "We're going as far as we possibly can without Congress acting."
The administration rolled out a proposed rule that will require employers to fire employees unable to clear up problems with their Social Security numbers 90 days after they've been notified of such discrepancies in so-called "no match letters." Employers who fail to comply will face possible criminal fines and sanctions.
"This regulation lays out a clear pattern for doing the right thing which will afford protection for employers," Chertoff said. The new rule will be effective in 30 days.
Recognizing that the crackdown could hurt some industries - particularly agriculture, where more than half of workers are believed to be undocumented - Gutierrez said the Labor Department will try to make existing temporary seasonal agriculture worker and non-agriculture worker programs easier to use and more efficient.
In addition, Chertoff said he will try to use the department's regulatory authority to raise fines on employers by about 25 percent. Current fines are so modest that some companies consider them a cost of doing business, the agency said in a summary of the new enforcement effort.
The administration also wants to expand the list of international gangs whose members are automatically denied admission to the U.S., reduce processing times for immigrant background checks, and install by the end of the year an exit system so the departure of foreigners from the country can be recorded at airports and seaports.
The Homeland Security Department will ask states to voluntarily share their driver's license photos and records with the agency for use in an employment verification system. The sharing is meant to help employers detect fraudulent licenses.
Some of the initiatives are similar to proposals contained in the recent immigration measure which failed to pass in the Senate, though they are not nearly as sweeping.
....
....
....
He said the billions of dollars that Congress added for immigration enforcement and the administration's "enhanced commitment" on immigration enforcement will secure borders.
But Sen. Chuck Grassley, ranking Republican on the Senate Finance Committee, said the administration "can talk until they're blue in the face" but "I won't be happy until I see action that's more than just a press conference and words on a piece of paper."
The Senate legislation was opposed by many conservatives who complained that people don't trust their government to start new immigration programs since existing immigration laws are not enforced.
....
....
....
Some lawmakers have kept up efforts to tighten the border. Last month, the Senate added $3 billion to a homeland security bill and devoted the money to U.S.-Mexico border security.
Copyright 2007 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed
Associated Press
U.S. Seeks to Curb Illegal ImmigrationBy SUZANNE GAMBOA 08.10.07, 1:34 PM ET
WASHINGTON - A crackdown on illegal immigration will have to go forward without help from Congress, the Bush administration said Friday, asserting that an executive-branch-only approach is better than doing nothing.
Two Cabinet secretaries - Homeland Security's Michael Chertoff and Commerce's Carlos Gutierrez - said they had hoped to have new tools to combat illegal immigration before moving further to cope with the problem. But Congress could not agree on comprehensive legislation.
The officials said they'll rely instead on tools already in their arsenal, some of which are already under way, including a plan to administratively sanction employers who hire illegal immigrants.
At a joint news conference, Chertoff and Gutierrez put the onus on Congress for any consequences that may be suffered by employers as a result of the stepped-up enforcement effort.
"Our hope is that key elements of the Senate bill will see the light of day someday, but until Congress chooses to act we are going to be taking some energetic steps of our own," Chertoff said. The steps will "significantly strengthen our hand with respect to immigration enforcement."
The White House emphasized that its package of enforcement changes was all it could do under existing law - the same law that President Bush has repeatedly called unacceptable.
"Although the Congress has not addressed our broken immigration system by passing comprehensive reform legislation, my administration will continue to take every possible step to build upon the progress already made," Bush said as the changes were announced.
Presidential spokeswoman Dana Perino said Bush has used his executive authority in the past to improve immigration enforcement, such as by strengthening border enforcement. She was pressed on why - if the new changes were such a good idea - Bush hadn't made them already.
Perino, talking to reporters at the Kennebunkport, Maine, seaside home of Bush's father, George H.W. Bush, said the president held off on sweeping administrative action while pushing Congress to pass better legislation to address the matter. With that effort now sidelined, she said "We're going as far as we possibly can without Congress acting."
The administration rolled out a proposed rule that will require employers to fire employees unable to clear up problems with their Social Security numbers 90 days after they've been notified of such discrepancies in so-called "no match letters." Employers who fail to comply will face possible criminal fines and sanctions.
"This regulation lays out a clear pattern for doing the right thing which will afford protection for employers," Chertoff said. The new rule will be effective in 30 days.
Recognizing that the crackdown could hurt some industries - particularly agriculture, where more than half of workers are believed to be undocumented - Gutierrez said the Labor Department will try to make existing temporary seasonal agriculture worker and non-agriculture worker programs easier to use and more efficient.
In addition, Chertoff said he will try to use the department's regulatory authority to raise fines on employers by about 25 percent. Current fines are so modest that some companies consider them a cost of doing business, the agency said in a summary of the new enforcement effort.
The administration also wants to expand the list of international gangs whose members are automatically denied admission to the U.S., reduce processing times for immigrant background checks, and install by the end of the year an exit system so the departure of foreigners from the country can be recorded at airports and seaports.
The Homeland Security Department will ask states to voluntarily share their driver's license photos and records with the agency for use in an employment verification system. The sharing is meant to help employers detect fraudulent licenses.
Some of the initiatives are similar to proposals contained in the recent immigration measure which failed to pass in the Senate, though they are not nearly as sweeping.
....
....
....
He said the billions of dollars that Congress added for immigration enforcement and the administration's "enhanced commitment" on immigration enforcement will secure borders.
But Sen. Chuck Grassley, ranking Republican on the Senate Finance Committee, said the administration "can talk until they're blue in the face" but "I won't be happy until I see action that's more than just a press conference and words on a piece of paper."
The Senate legislation was opposed by many conservatives who complained that people don't trust their government to start new immigration programs since existing immigration laws are not enforced.
....
....
....
Some lawmakers have kept up efforts to tighten the border. Last month, the Senate added $3 billion to a homeland security bill and devoted the money to U.S.-Mexico border security.
Copyright 2007 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed
haider420
02-22 03:47 PM
I just got my I-140 approval and my priority date is 02/2008. I fall in the "All Charge-ability Areas Except Those Listed" EB3 and the March bulletin PD is 01MAY05. My lawyer is telling me I cant apply yet and since I am 2 semesters away from completing my Master's I should finish the course and just apply in the EB2 class. I dont have the funds to apply for this whole damn thing all over again. Can someone please help!? I've honestly turned suicidal dealing with this BS..
more...
tempy
09-22 09:29 AM
Thanks Pagal. I guess I'll wait for it to resolve. I don't know why USPS sends back this mail while delivering that all other mail.
Thanks,
Hello,
The cards and notices for my family did multiple rounds of 'undelivered' mail .... ...
Thanks,
Hello,
The cards and notices for my family did multiple rounds of 'undelivered' mail .... ...
2010 derrick rose mvp 2011
dpp
02-12 12:35 PM
It is only either Nebraska or Texas now. No other centers process I-140. For Texas center, it is appx 1 to 3 months. But for Nebraska, it is anytime from 6 - 9 months.
more...
GCSOON-Ihope
11-07 01:16 PM
Dude, Consulting Business mean making profit out of consulting and you are one of the tool for them....
Everybody is a tool to any business, no matter how you look at the situation.
Everybody is a tool to any business, no matter how you look at the situation.
hair derrick rose mvp pic. derrick
veni001
06-22 02:46 PM
With same employer could definitely trigger audits from both DOL and USCIS!!
Hi,
I'm holding Bachelor's Degree from India and have 9 years of full time experience (6 years with previous employers + 3 years with current employer). Last year my employer initiated a process to file PERM. My employer had given all the specific details to our attorney firm to file my case in EB2. But our attorney screwed up everything and filed my case in EB3. My EB3 labor is approved (Section H, PERM job for Bachelors + 2 years of experience). I'm planning to file I140 with this EB3 PERM to facilitate my H1B extensions,etc.
Right now, my employer says that he can initiate another PERM with EB2 and later when we file I140 for the EB2 labor, we can make use of EB3's PD after its I140 approval. I understand that it has to be a different position for EB2. If we follow this case, at what stage I need to use my EB3's PD to port. I mean, do I need to have my EB3 I140 approved before filing EB2 PERM or have only when filing EB2 I140.
My another question is, how risky is this? I mean having applied for EB3 and EB2 from the same employer. What kinda repercussions we're heading into? What are the possiblities of getting audited for EB2 PERM ( I didn't get any audit for my EB3 PERM).
Do you think it's better to transfer visa to someone else after my EB3 I140's approval and start a fresh EB2 PERM from that employer?
I had gone thro a case study given in this forum but it's only after applying AOS(485). Mine is still at I140 stage.
Any input is welcome.
Thanks,
Sunil
Hi,
I'm holding Bachelor's Degree from India and have 9 years of full time experience (6 years with previous employers + 3 years with current employer). Last year my employer initiated a process to file PERM. My employer had given all the specific details to our attorney firm to file my case in EB2. But our attorney screwed up everything and filed my case in EB3. My EB3 labor is approved (Section H, PERM job for Bachelors + 2 years of experience). I'm planning to file I140 with this EB3 PERM to facilitate my H1B extensions,etc.
Right now, my employer says that he can initiate another PERM with EB2 and later when we file I140 for the EB2 labor, we can make use of EB3's PD after its I140 approval. I understand that it has to be a different position for EB2. If we follow this case, at what stage I need to use my EB3's PD to port. I mean, do I need to have my EB3 I140 approved before filing EB2 PERM or have only when filing EB2 I140.
My another question is, how risky is this? I mean having applied for EB3 and EB2 from the same employer. What kinda repercussions we're heading into? What are the possiblities of getting audited for EB2 PERM ( I didn't get any audit for my EB3 PERM).
Do you think it's better to transfer visa to someone else after my EB3 I140's approval and start a fresh EB2 PERM from that employer?
I had gone thro a case study given in this forum but it's only after applying AOS(485). Mine is still at I140 stage.
Any input is welcome.
Thanks,
Sunil
more...
txh1b
08-18 09:32 AM
Please see page 8-10 of the I765 form instructions for more information. It is clearly written that it has to go where your area falls under for the (c) 9 category.
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-765instr.pdf
If you are in Boston, it should go to TSC irrespective of which center your 485 is pending.
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-765instr.pdf
If you are in Boston, it should go to TSC irrespective of which center your 485 is pending.
hot derrick rose mvp images.

dassumi
11-16 05:29 PM
Yep - got mine 2 months back. Docs to carry
- Original social security card.
- Original EAD card
- The first lady asked me to bring the employment letter. I did not have it with me, I went home to get it and got in another line, that dude did not even look at it.
- Passport and I-94 (They did not check this) I took it just in case
- Cash - 25$
You will get a 5 year license, but it will say that you are a temp visitor till your EAD expires. You will have to take your EAD in when the new EAD comes in.
Let me know if you need further details.
Does anybody have any recent experience?Which office to go, what documents to take. I currently have an out of state license that is going to expire in Dec...
- Original social security card.
- Original EAD card
- The first lady asked me to bring the employment letter. I did not have it with me, I went home to get it and got in another line, that dude did not even look at it.
- Passport and I-94 (They did not check this) I took it just in case
- Cash - 25$
You will get a 5 year license, but it will say that you are a temp visitor till your EAD expires. You will have to take your EAD in when the new EAD comes in.
Let me know if you need further details.
Does anybody have any recent experience?Which office to go, what documents to take. I currently have an out of state license that is going to expire in Dec...
more...
house Derrick Rose Is an MVP
piyu7444
09-15 11:56 AM
Hello,
My wife got her H1B approved last year and her start date was 10/01/07. She started working towards the end of Nov. She did not get any paychecks for 2007 before Dec 31st and started getting paid only in 2008. So she did not receive a W2 for 2007. I am about to file my tax for 2007 (had filed an extension) and would like to know the following.
1: I assume this should not impact me from filing a joint return. Am I right ?
2: Would I qualify for the stimulus check for $1200 since both of us were employed in 2007 ? Since she did not get a W2, I was not sure if I would get only $600.
3: Both of us have filed for I-485 and our applications are pending approval. Would there be any problem with her I-485 in the future (like any query) since in 2007, her status was converted to H1B (from H4) and she did not get a W2 ? I am being told USCIS does a complete background check on the applicant with respect to each status he/she has had.
Thanks in advance.
For point # 3 you can always tell USCIS that she joined the company in Nov 2007. It is not required to join the co. on Oct 1 although one gets converted to h1b from h4 when you change status in US. There is something like late joining also hence no pay !
Obviously the employer should have paid her but if she is working thru a desi firm I would understand what would be the case......
I do not think this will impact your 485 as long as you have pay chqs. coming for her in continuation thereafter and w-2 for 2008 meets the Amount on h1b LCA. USCIS will generally look for w-2 and might ask for recent pay stubs.
I have been interviewed for 485 (random pick) and they did not care to look at my pay stub even when I asked them to.........
Ensure that w-2 has the correct numbers else it can be trouble.
Consult a lawyer as all the above is my experience and limited knowledge.......
Hope it helps!!
My wife got her H1B approved last year and her start date was 10/01/07. She started working towards the end of Nov. She did not get any paychecks for 2007 before Dec 31st and started getting paid only in 2008. So she did not receive a W2 for 2007. I am about to file my tax for 2007 (had filed an extension) and would like to know the following.
1: I assume this should not impact me from filing a joint return. Am I right ?
2: Would I qualify for the stimulus check for $1200 since both of us were employed in 2007 ? Since she did not get a W2, I was not sure if I would get only $600.
3: Both of us have filed for I-485 and our applications are pending approval. Would there be any problem with her I-485 in the future (like any query) since in 2007, her status was converted to H1B (from H4) and she did not get a W2 ? I am being told USCIS does a complete background check on the applicant with respect to each status he/she has had.
Thanks in advance.
For point # 3 you can always tell USCIS that she joined the company in Nov 2007. It is not required to join the co. on Oct 1 although one gets converted to h1b from h4 when you change status in US. There is something like late joining also hence no pay !
Obviously the employer should have paid her but if she is working thru a desi firm I would understand what would be the case......
I do not think this will impact your 485 as long as you have pay chqs. coming for her in continuation thereafter and w-2 for 2008 meets the Amount on h1b LCA. USCIS will generally look for w-2 and might ask for recent pay stubs.
I have been interviewed for 485 (random pick) and they did not care to look at my pay stub even when I asked them to.........
Ensure that w-2 has the correct numbers else it can be trouble.
Consult a lawyer as all the above is my experience and limited knowledge.......
Hope it helps!!
tattoo Derrick Rose is the next
anilsal
12-09 01:39 PM
Now where are the members in IL? Repeated requests passed to members returns no response!
more...
pictures derrick rose mvp t shirt.
LostInGCProcess
02-04 05:28 PM
I have a close friend who has floated a company to pursue an entrepreneurial dream.
My husband is currently working in US and has filed for GC (140 approved status). I have an EAD and am working in a company very close to where I am staying.
My friend has requested me to help market clients for the product that they are developing.. Is it ok for me to approach companies, as a representative of my friend's company and try selling the product(strictly non-compensational)? Or will there be legal hassles in doing this? Please enlighten me with your thoughts..
Appreciate your help in advance.
Since you are on EAD, and I presume you are the dependent applicant, there is no limit on the number of jobs that you can have....Definitely there is no legal hassle...and I wonder why you want to just volunteer? If its fear of legal implication then, change your mind and get paid !!! :)
My husband is currently working in US and has filed for GC (140 approved status). I have an EAD and am working in a company very close to where I am staying.
My friend has requested me to help market clients for the product that they are developing.. Is it ok for me to approach companies, as a representative of my friend's company and try selling the product(strictly non-compensational)? Or will there be legal hassles in doing this? Please enlighten me with your thoughts..
Appreciate your help in advance.
Since you are on EAD, and I presume you are the dependent applicant, there is no limit on the number of jobs that you can have....Definitely there is no legal hassle...and I wonder why you want to just volunteer? If its fear of legal implication then, change your mind and get paid !!! :)
dresses derrick rose mvp. derrick rose
Ann Ruben
07-22 09:55 PM
I have also had success using just the online printout, but to be safe, you should make a Freedom of Information Act request for a copy of the I-140 approval notice. This is relatively easy to do-just follow the instructions on the USCiS website USCIS - Freedom of Information and Privacy Act (FOIA) (http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextchannel=34139c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a 1RCRD&vgnextoid=34139c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD ).
I do not think that the denial of a petition for extension of H-1B status, in and of itself, would effect your pending I-485.
I do not think that the denial of a petition for extension of H-1B status, in and of itself, would effect your pending I-485.
more...
makeup Any fan of Derrick Rose or the
jsb
01-02 11:29 AM
All set..I will changing job after 180 days from Next week, I will change my immigration lawyer from my employers
Ist Question
I am thinking of Murthyas as lawyer. Her fee of taking over pending $ 2100, Can anybody suggest any other lawyer and there Fee's etc and all.
I will really appreciate the help.
...?
BTW, if your AOS case is already filed and pending, why do you need an attorney now? Aren't you just waiting to get the case adjudicated. I mean where do you expect attornyes to help at this point? Don't you think educated people as we are, can handle questions/queries ourselves? Renewing EADs, APs is just a routine form filing.
Ist Question
I am thinking of Murthyas as lawyer. Her fee of taking over pending $ 2100, Can anybody suggest any other lawyer and there Fee's etc and all.
I will really appreciate the help.
...?
BTW, if your AOS case is already filed and pending, why do you need an attorney now? Aren't you just waiting to get the case adjudicated. I mean where do you expect attornyes to help at this point? Don't you think educated people as we are, can handle questions/queries ourselves? Renewing EADs, APs is just a routine form filing.
girlfriend Source: Derrick Rose is NBA
fortune50
07-27 02:53 PM
The receipts will be generated not by Priority Date but by Physically received date. This was obvious right from beginning, but some questions were raised on this forum.
Even though receipts are generated based on received date, I assume they will process by priority date , if not what is use of priority date after filing I-485?
Gurus, any body know how USCIS will process 485 applications?
Even though receipts are generated based on received date, I assume they will process by priority date , if not what is use of priority date after filing I-485?
Gurus, any body know how USCIS will process 485 applications?
hairstyles NEW YORK -- Derrick Rose of
howzatt
07-18 10:56 AM
Granted, its nto the best way. Now, can you suggest a way pls ? What is generally recommended ?
Can you pls help 'convince' people to contribute...
one suggestion, make it a paid site. Even a minimum of 5$ a month would add quite a bit to the revenues. Even if we assume only 5000 people will sign up, it is still a decent chunk of money. I am not sure if this goes against the principles of a non-profit organisation. The way I look at it, people are saving a lot of money by avoiding lawyers fees.
Plus we have people who are willing to donate. How many of these 20,000 people you think are people who people who understand BEC and the long term effect of the surge of applications. It is important to make people understand the effects and the potential problems with retrogression. Let us take a poll for people to see how many of us are just happy to get EAD/AP. We might find some surprising answers!
Can you pls help 'convince' people to contribute...
one suggestion, make it a paid site. Even a minimum of 5$ a month would add quite a bit to the revenues. Even if we assume only 5000 people will sign up, it is still a decent chunk of money. I am not sure if this goes against the principles of a non-profit organisation. The way I look at it, people are saving a lot of money by avoiding lawyers fees.
Plus we have people who are willing to donate. How many of these 20,000 people you think are people who people who understand BEC and the long term effect of the surge of applications. It is important to make people understand the effects and the potential problems with retrogression. Let us take a poll for people to see how many of us are just happy to get EAD/AP. We might find some surprising answers!
zhoeno
10-01 07:55 PM
Hi All
Thanks for a great forum. I am EB3 India (PD Dec 02) with 140 approved June this year. Rumor has it that the small firm I work for, is going to be acquired by a much larger firm with thousands of employees globally. I am concerned about my ongoing GC process. First question
Q1. What happens to my GC process?
Considering the behemoth like size of the company that is going to acquire us I am quite sure that the GC process of the few employees from my present employer will take a back seat.
Q2. What are the things I can do proactively.
I have read on various threads that it is possible to join other employers and port the PD to them. But considering the fact that company that started the GC process is no longer there, how would this porting of PD with new labor, 140 etc would occur...
I would appreciate if someone can provide answers to my questions. Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Thanks for a great forum. I am EB3 India (PD Dec 02) with 140 approved June this year. Rumor has it that the small firm I work for, is going to be acquired by a much larger firm with thousands of employees globally. I am concerned about my ongoing GC process. First question
Q1. What happens to my GC process?
Considering the behemoth like size of the company that is going to acquire us I am quite sure that the GC process of the few employees from my present employer will take a back seat.
Q2. What are the things I can do proactively.
I have read on various threads that it is possible to join other employers and port the PD to them. But considering the fact that company that started the GC process is no longer there, how would this porting of PD with new labor, 140 etc would occur...
I would appreciate if someone can provide answers to my questions. Thanks for taking the time to read this.
harivenkat
05-05 02:23 PM
You can own the company while being on H1b, You will need to partner with a CPA and get immigration attorney involved.
Check this :
MurthyDotCom : Start-Up Companies (http://www.murthy.com/startup.html)
I am on H1B, Can i register company and employ an american citizen as the CEO and run a resturant... - Topic Powered by Infopop (http://murthyforum.atinfopop.com/4/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1024039761&f=5374040662&m=1761062081)
Check this :
MurthyDotCom : Start-Up Companies (http://www.murthy.com/startup.html)
I am on H1B, Can i register company and employ an american citizen as the CEO and run a resturant... - Topic Powered by Infopop (http://murthyforum.atinfopop.com/4/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1024039761&f=5374040662&m=1761062081)
No comments:
Post a Comment