binadh
07-09 01:44 PM
I have made several attempts to get my money back from my previous lawyer without any success. After complaining about his services, he has sent me an email saying the he will return half of the money because he was not prompt on processing my case and I was not happy with his services. I received that email about 6 weeks ago and haven't seen a dime from him yet. And I do not think I will get my money back from this guy. This was paid for creating my job profile and filing the labor - what this bastard calls an initial retention.
Is there any specific website/forum where I can post my experience with this guy so that others will not take their business to this scammer. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do about this type of guys?
Is there any specific website/forum where I can post my experience with this guy so that others will not take their business to this scammer. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do about this type of guys?
optimystic
03-31 04:13 PM
This isn't correct Ronnie. Your non-immigrant status does determine whether you are a Resident alien or a non-resident alien for tax purposes.
Classic example is that while you are on F1 /OPT you don't have to pay social security and medicare.
I am taking a guess that what Ronnie meant to say was that, Tax filing (whether or not you file jointly) has no implications on your immigration process... which is true.
If you filed 'married filing separately' does not mean that you dont want to support your spouse anymore as a derivative of your I-485 !
Classic example is that while you are on F1 /OPT you don't have to pay social security and medicare.
I am taking a guess that what Ronnie meant to say was that, Tax filing (whether or not you file jointly) has no implications on your immigration process... which is true.
If you filed 'married filing separately' does not mean that you dont want to support your spouse anymore as a derivative of your I-485 !
sriramkalyan
09-15 04:05 PM
Last time CIR had sweet deal for Illegals ..
Pay $100 and get Z visa ( Work Permit ) .. --> GC --> Citizenship ---> Vote for ?? ..
For Legals ...go back and restart in new queue .. We dont want to skilled people be free of our companies. We expect you to be enslaved ..We are leader of Free world.
Pay $100 and get Z visa ( Work Permit ) .. --> GC --> Citizenship ---> Vote for ?? ..
For Legals ...go back and restart in new queue .. We dont want to skilled people be free of our companies. We expect you to be enslaved ..We are leader of Free world.
chvramana
04-23 01:57 PM
I�m in EB2 and My I-140 was approved September 2008 through Employer A. My priority date is March 2008. I moved to Employer B. My old Employer A will not revoke my I-140. He is ready to hire me again, If I want to go back. I am completing 5 years in January 2011.
It would be great if I get answer the below my Question:
1. Do I need to go back to my old employer A to apply my I-485. If yes is there any specific time period to go back to my old employer A.
2. If I stay with my current Employer B. will I get 6th extension and will my old priority date will be considered with new processs.
3. which one is best choice, like staying with employer B or going back to Employer A.
Thanks for your help.
Ram
It would be great if I get answer the below my Question:
1. Do I need to go back to my old employer A to apply my I-485. If yes is there any specific time period to go back to my old employer A.
2. If I stay with my current Employer B. will I get 6th extension and will my old priority date will be considered with new processs.
3. which one is best choice, like staying with employer B or going back to Employer A.
Thanks for your help.
Ram
more...
ramaa
06-21 11:00 PM
Thank you for reply.
Can I request to port 2003 PD at the time of filing 2nd I-140
or
Should I first get 2nd I-140 approved with new 2007 PD and then try to port old 2003 PD while filing for I-485.
Job description, salary does not matter in porting PD. Is there any possible reason CIS may not port the PD though old I-140 is not revoked by employer.
I appreciate your input.
Thanks
Can I request to port 2003 PD at the time of filing 2nd I-140
or
Should I first get 2nd I-140 approved with new 2007 PD and then try to port old 2003 PD while filing for I-485.
Job description, salary does not matter in porting PD. Is there any possible reason CIS may not port the PD though old I-140 is not revoked by employer.
I appreciate your input.
Thanks
Munna Bhai
07-12 10:21 AM
any more help??
more...

u.misc
02-01 09:47 AM
Dear all,
I am sorry to post here. I know this is wrong but don't know where to go to. My husband does not have any idea about how to invest his money. Could someone please help me and tell me how you can diversify your savings as an NRI for a safe secure future?
I rely on him for all this but I get no help.
Thank you for your support.
Again, my apologies.
BUY AND READ THE BOOK TITLED:
"INVESTMENT FOR DUMMIES" whose GC is in process and priority date in backlogged due to retrogression and by the way married to husband who's cash pooping machine but can't figure out what to do with money.
Its along title but you sure can get a good deal on amazon.
I am sorry to post here. I know this is wrong but don't know where to go to. My husband does not have any idea about how to invest his money. Could someone please help me and tell me how you can diversify your savings as an NRI for a safe secure future?
I rely on him for all this but I get no help.
Thank you for your support.
Again, my apologies.
BUY AND READ THE BOOK TITLED:
"INVESTMENT FOR DUMMIES" whose GC is in process and priority date in backlogged due to retrogression and by the way married to husband who's cash pooping machine but can't figure out what to do with money.
Its along title but you sure can get a good deal on amazon.
GC_1000Watt
07-29 05:43 PM
Thank you gc_1000_waats, My attorney also suggested the same as you had mentioned.
So, what is the difference between filing MTR and re-filing after it is declined? Why can't everybody whose h-1 petition has been declined, re-file for H-1 rather than going through the tedious path of MTR?
Well the reason is money. When you are reapplying you are paying the full fees to USCIS again ( I am sure USCIS likes it :D).
I am not too sure but I guess when you file MTR, you are not required to pay any fees.
So, what is the difference between filing MTR and re-filing after it is declined? Why can't everybody whose h-1 petition has been declined, re-file for H-1 rather than going through the tedious path of MTR?
Well the reason is money. When you are reapplying you are paying the full fees to USCIS again ( I am sure USCIS likes it :D).
I am not too sure but I guess when you file MTR, you are not required to pay any fees.
more...

seeking_GC
08-10 02:30 AM
update on my case after I posted...
I called up my previous HR contact from my old company ( I have moved employers using AC21 after getting my EAD ) and she said that the old company was revoking older I140s as their newer ones were getting rejected due to the fact that there were too many I140s already filed by the company.She wasnt sure if my I140 was also revoked.
I spoke to my lawyer and she mentioned that there should be no impact on my case since I moved after my 140 was approved and my 485 was pending for more than 6 months as per AC21 rules.
I also called up USCIS customer service and the lady mentioned that my 485 is pre-adjudicated.
...Now I am not sure if the I140 revocation by my previous company would have any impact on the preadjudicated status of my 485 app. I plan to take a infopass appointment and see if that helps. Will provide updates after my infopass appointment...
I called up my previous HR contact from my old company ( I have moved employers using AC21 after getting my EAD ) and she said that the old company was revoking older I140s as their newer ones were getting rejected due to the fact that there were too many I140s already filed by the company.She wasnt sure if my I140 was also revoked.
I spoke to my lawyer and she mentioned that there should be no impact on my case since I moved after my 140 was approved and my 485 was pending for more than 6 months as per AC21 rules.
I also called up USCIS customer service and the lady mentioned that my 485 is pre-adjudicated.
...Now I am not sure if the I140 revocation by my previous company would have any impact on the preadjudicated status of my 485 app. I plan to take a infopass appointment and see if that helps. Will provide updates after my infopass appointment...
soni7007
09-15 04:18 PM
Can you present this idea to pappu, Administrator and gsc999 via private message, please?
I do like the idea and if it has the support of IV Core, we should implement it. Please present to them so that we can have their direction.
Thanks,
Nola
Yes, i will definitely do that.
I do like the idea and if it has the support of IV Core, we should implement it. Please present to them so that we can have their direction.
Thanks,
Nola
Yes, i will definitely do that.
more...
aau
08-08 10:34 AM
Sorry to hear about your friend's situation.
If she is qualified enough ask her to find a new employer who is willing to sponsor her a H1B.
She can transfer her status from H-4 to H1B and it will not be counted against the annual H1B quota.
Ppl please at least give a disclaimer. This sentence, said with such authority is completely false! The ONLY way you are not counted against the annual H1B quota is if you are RENEWING your existing H1B (and you have years left on it of course).
Think before you write..
If she is qualified enough ask her to find a new employer who is willing to sponsor her a H1B.
She can transfer her status from H-4 to H1B and it will not be counted against the annual H1B quota.
Ppl please at least give a disclaimer. This sentence, said with such authority is completely false! The ONLY way you are not counted against the annual H1B quota is if you are RENEWING your existing H1B (and you have years left on it of course).
Think before you write..
sujan_vatrapu
10-26 10:38 PM
to be 'fair' FOX is better in the sense we know what we are getting but if u look at NPR, CNN, CBS, ABC, NBC, they make us believe they are giving out a balanced view of the world but they all have a 'liberal' agenda, to understand the issues better you have to listen to both sides of the argument, by criticizing FOX over and over in this forum we are shutting down cone side of the argument, many commentators on FOX expressed their supporting of legal immigration,
more...
jsb
08-15 02:14 PM
One of my buddies got his GC approved yesterday and his Priority Date is June 2005, EB2 India. I am here waiting since 2004 March to file for my I485. There are no methods to USCIS Madness.
This is possible, if LC of your buddy was approved within months. In 2005 most categories were Current, so he/she filed I-140 and I-485 in 2005, which concluded with a GC now.
This is possible, if LC of your buddy was approved within months. In 2005 most categories were Current, so he/she filed I-140 and I-485 in 2005, which concluded with a GC now.
tikka
08-09 08:18 AM
U definitely and and will :)
/\/\/\/
/\/\/\/
more...
tuhin
07-16 01:36 PM
Thanks deecha.. I will keep the gang in loop... The future role will be of a chief architect. So I believe it is aligned with my current labor application. But can I even move using an EAD (hence dropping my H1) and then file my EB2 in the new company? The reason I am confused is, we used an H1 b visa to file the labor, not sure if a labor can be filed using an EAD.

psvk
08-06 12:08 PM
Received an email from CRIS stating that Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident. Those who are tracking approval, check out IV profile/tracker.
Congrats
Congrats
more...

sw33t
05-31 11:46 AM
/\/\/\
gsc999
01-21 01:36 AM
Thanks everyone who showed up. We actually did better than we had expected.
A total of 55 letters signed today, and will be dispatched tomorrow to the White House and to IV.
Go NORCAL, go IV!
---
Update: We have 10 more. That takes the total to 65.
Cheers!
A total of 55 letters signed today, and will be dispatched tomorrow to the White House and to IV.
Go NORCAL, go IV!
---
Update: We have 10 more. That takes the total to 65.
Cheers!
satyasaich
07-21 09:14 AM
When i was in a fortune 5 earlier in my career, Fragomen & Assc were my attorneys as well. Never had such thing in the past nor heard of it. By the way, thousands of people work from home in a company where i was also working from home till yesterday. ( today 7/21 i don't have a job due to EAD processing delays )
it's just their inability to explain the business model. For example, if you are in IBM, they have only few offices in midwest and most of the people work from home & travel to client site based on necessity. Some of the positions ( suchas DBA / Unix Admin/ Web Admin etc;)doesn't even require presence at client location not even once in an year.
That's how the business model is existing. just because some officers / clerks in USCIS doesn't understand / nor interpret properly the vebiage or context of law, it's their traning issue. worst case scenario, that's why we pay hefty amounts to so called 'immigration attorneys' to 'explain' the law & to work with USCIS officials to do the 'CORRECT' thing
Normally my wife is the one who is used to post or follow up on the latest here.
This came up a week ago. I have been working from home in a different state and we do not have any company office near my home. Nearest office location is about 3 hours. I had to move this far away due to personal reasons.
Now after working from home for 3 years (extending EAD, H1Bs etc) Fragomen (most of you know who they are) says I cannot do work from home anymore due to this conflict with uscis. it seems USCIS doesnt recognize your home as a Govt recognized work location. Hence I cannot work from home.
Now my manager wants me to only work from the office since folks reporting to me are also in that state. Now he is using Fragomen and HR emails as a reason for me to move back.
Anythoughts ? I am sure you all will agree that is the law. but why all this now ? even after working for 12 years.
One other point the fragomen lawyer said is - this is going to be the case for all thier clients.
it's just their inability to explain the business model. For example, if you are in IBM, they have only few offices in midwest and most of the people work from home & travel to client site based on necessity. Some of the positions ( suchas DBA / Unix Admin/ Web Admin etc;)doesn't even require presence at client location not even once in an year.
That's how the business model is existing. just because some officers / clerks in USCIS doesn't understand / nor interpret properly the vebiage or context of law, it's their traning issue. worst case scenario, that's why we pay hefty amounts to so called 'immigration attorneys' to 'explain' the law & to work with USCIS officials to do the 'CORRECT' thing
Normally my wife is the one who is used to post or follow up on the latest here.
This came up a week ago. I have been working from home in a different state and we do not have any company office near my home. Nearest office location is about 3 hours. I had to move this far away due to personal reasons.
Now after working from home for 3 years (extending EAD, H1Bs etc) Fragomen (most of you know who they are) says I cannot do work from home anymore due to this conflict with uscis. it seems USCIS doesnt recognize your home as a Govt recognized work location. Hence I cannot work from home.
Now my manager wants me to only work from the office since folks reporting to me are also in that state. Now he is using Fragomen and HR emails as a reason for me to move back.
Anythoughts ? I am sure you all will agree that is the law. but why all this now ? even after working for 12 years.
One other point the fragomen lawyer said is - this is going to be the case for all thier clients.
fromnaija
07-20 11:24 AM
File for her as CP. Whenever she is ready to move here have her get an H4 visa and then change CP to AOS when she gets here.
Caveat: I am not an attorney so ask your lawyer if this is a feasible option.
Caveat: I am not an attorney so ask your lawyer if this is a feasible option.
thomachan72
03-31 03:31 PM
Congrats. Don't lose it. Enjoy your freedom.
What about you? your PD is current right? any chance that you will get it soon?
What about you? your PD is current right? any chance that you will get it soon?
No comments:
Post a Comment