CaoCao
Apr 16, 01:33 AM
I think you either read the statistical trend wrong or perhaps read a twisted version of it from some "Christian blog" of some sort.
What's really happening is that the birth rate is "diminishing"...not "reversing". The trend throughout ALL 1st world and emerging economies is that the birth rate per person reduces. There are several factors for this including the fact that modernized civilizations do not need to have that many babies in hopes that a few will survive disease, famine, hardship, etc. And the few babies that do get born are brought up to be "more powerful humans" so to speak...in a sense that they are nurtured more and given more attention and education, etc. What happens is that the average "modernized person" can supply like multiple X more economic productivity than your average 3rd worlder. In addition, many more of those 3rd worlders will die before they have "fulfilled their usefulness" to society ... or perhaps even reproduce.
Think of it this way. If a person with a degree in industrial engineering can make a machine that spits out 10,000 donuts per day...how many "villagers" will it take to make an equivalent amount of food?
Red is screwed, yellow is sucky, green is above replacement... You don't want birth rate to drop below 2.1, Turkey the only country above replacement is 2.14...
http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/9463/europepopulation.png (http://img826.imageshack.us/i/europepopulation.png/)
Even if I assume this unsourced soundbite is true, there is a missing phrase: "without intervention."
If it really came down to it, the EU (or any other country/countries with a declining birth rate) could enact any number of policies or incentives to bolster the population, including making it easier for gay couples to adopt. So what?
The intervention should not be forbidding or discriminating against a group because of their sexual behavior. If it's all about the birthin' then they better start taking a hard look at those hetero scofflaws who don't want to have kids, too. *Gasp*
http://www.economist.com/node/5494593
The only meaningful way to save the red countries from depopulation is to eliminate access to birth control and abortions. Places have tried to boost birth rates, it hasn't succeeded.
What's really happening is that the birth rate is "diminishing"...not "reversing". The trend throughout ALL 1st world and emerging economies is that the birth rate per person reduces. There are several factors for this including the fact that modernized civilizations do not need to have that many babies in hopes that a few will survive disease, famine, hardship, etc. And the few babies that do get born are brought up to be "more powerful humans" so to speak...in a sense that they are nurtured more and given more attention and education, etc. What happens is that the average "modernized person" can supply like multiple X more economic productivity than your average 3rd worlder. In addition, many more of those 3rd worlders will die before they have "fulfilled their usefulness" to society ... or perhaps even reproduce.
Think of it this way. If a person with a degree in industrial engineering can make a machine that spits out 10,000 donuts per day...how many "villagers" will it take to make an equivalent amount of food?
Red is screwed, yellow is sucky, green is above replacement... You don't want birth rate to drop below 2.1, Turkey the only country above replacement is 2.14...
http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/9463/europepopulation.png (http://img826.imageshack.us/i/europepopulation.png/)
Even if I assume this unsourced soundbite is true, there is a missing phrase: "without intervention."
If it really came down to it, the EU (or any other country/countries with a declining birth rate) could enact any number of policies or incentives to bolster the population, including making it easier for gay couples to adopt. So what?
The intervention should not be forbidding or discriminating against a group because of their sexual behavior. If it's all about the birthin' then they better start taking a hard look at those hetero scofflaws who don't want to have kids, too. *Gasp*
http://www.economist.com/node/5494593
The only meaningful way to save the red countries from depopulation is to eliminate access to birth control and abortions. Places have tried to boost birth rates, it hasn't succeeded.
seatbeltboy
Jun 19, 11:46 AM
Anyone going to be at the Mayfair Mall Apple Store this Thursday?
I plan on being there around 5/5:30.
I plan on being there around 5/5:30.
jr24
Sep 2, 02:13 AM
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/9976/screenshot20100902at257.png
haven't had my new computer long so i've been messing around with icons and looking up desktop pictures on interfacelift.com
here's the link for it: http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper_beta/details/1705/sunset_in_front_of_me.html
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85/CaptMurdock/Screengrabs/Desktop9-10.jpg
Here's a link to the original, (http://gizmodo.com/5618454/wi+fihawks-at-the-diner?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+gizmodo%2Ffull+%28Gizmodo%29) sort of. I got lucky with Google -- I just can't find the Twitter that pointed me to the original picture.
i see you are using an old mac for your mac hd icon, too! where did you get yours? the one on mine i've had saved for a long time but i haven't found larger versions of these.
and also: are we not able to change things like the "downloads" icon in the dock at all? i can change all of the other ones but i haven't gotten it to work for that one. i didn't have any trouble with documents or the trash so i didn't think there would be a problem with downloads. x.x
haven't had my new computer long so i've been messing around with icons and looking up desktop pictures on interfacelift.com
here's the link for it: http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper_beta/details/1705/sunset_in_front_of_me.html
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85/CaptMurdock/Screengrabs/Desktop9-10.jpg
Here's a link to the original, (http://gizmodo.com/5618454/wi+fihawks-at-the-diner?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+gizmodo%2Ffull+%28Gizmodo%29) sort of. I got lucky with Google -- I just can't find the Twitter that pointed me to the original picture.
i see you are using an old mac for your mac hd icon, too! where did you get yours? the one on mine i've had saved for a long time but i haven't found larger versions of these.
and also: are we not able to change things like the "downloads" icon in the dock at all? i can change all of the other ones but i haven't gotten it to work for that one. i didn't have any trouble with documents or the trash so i didn't think there would be a problem with downloads. x.x
neut
Feb 14, 01:52 PM
I could probably be shot for this, but when do you say anything nice about anything other than yourself?
<BANG!>
<BANG!>
more...
kalsta
May 1, 06:49 AM
Agreed, .mac had a solid, sensible, identifiable connotation. I wasn't a mac guy at the time, but it whenever I'd see it, conveyed that Apple was providing a decent service package for it's users. "me" just seemed needlessly self-absorbed, and conveys nothing useful. "Castle" sounds like somebody in marketing trying hard to be clever.
I wish they'd simplify, combine & condense all these services, give all their iTunes and new hardware customers an account, and give at least one or two services away free to get people using it in some capacity. ...find my iPhone/iPad, or contact/cal/limited storage push syncing... But just go back to calling the whole package ".mac" again. Clean, short, clear, promotes the brand without being obnoxious.
It'll never be '.mac' again. Apple's ecosystem has changed too much since then, and it's not all about the Mac anymore. But I agree they need a free service which at very least includes syncing between devices, and a small amount of online storage.
I wish they'd simplify, combine & condense all these services, give all their iTunes and new hardware customers an account, and give at least one or two services away free to get people using it in some capacity. ...find my iPhone/iPad, or contact/cal/limited storage push syncing... But just go back to calling the whole package ".mac" again. Clean, short, clear, promotes the brand without being obnoxious.
It'll never be '.mac' again. Apple's ecosystem has changed too much since then, and it's not all about the Mac anymore. But I agree they need a free service which at very least includes syncing between devices, and a small amount of online storage.
rans0m00
Feb 10, 01:06 AM
Just changed mine over. Ty Verizon iPhone for reducing my monthly minute usage. Wish the competition had come sooner.
more...
Patmian212
Dec 8, 05:22 AM
Hi all,
I want a 512MB stick of emac ram. If it will lower the price I can give you a 128MB stick of emac ram as part of the deal.
I want a 512MB stick of emac ram. If it will lower the price I can give you a 128MB stick of emac ram as part of the deal.
barnetda
Jan 15, 08:57 AM
ANy link for the keynote speech please?
more...
redeye be
Mar 11, 02:46 PM
synergy ( http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/)
Synergy lets you easily share a single mouse and keyboard between multiple computers with different operating systems, each with its own display, without special hardware. It's intended for users with multiple computers on their desk since each system uses its own monitor(s).
thx to markoibook for directing my attention to it in this (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=110561) thread.
Synergy lets you easily share a single mouse and keyboard between multiple computers with different operating systems, each with its own display, without special hardware. It's intended for users with multiple computers on their desk since each system uses its own monitor(s).
thx to markoibook for directing my attention to it in this (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=110561) thread.
JoeG4
Jan 10, 10:01 PM
I don't care for the front end, but I think it's an improvement. Call me crazy? We're not talking about the Passat CC here, but the one that looks like a Nissan Altima, Honda Accord, Pontiac G8, or another half dozen other cars on the road with almost the exact same body shape.
It's not that great anyway, the front sucks - it looks way too cheap and undignified for a car of that size, eh whatever.
I wish car manufacturers would try harder to make their cars look DIFFERENT instead of the same. Yes, I'm a car nerd and I know the difference between a VW and a Honda, but what's scary is Honda doesn't want you to know - **** look at Hyundai, they want you to see the Genesis and think it's a BMW.. that's DUMB!
So yea, I do see where they're coming from, but the body lines are cleaner and the back door treatment looks a LOT better (they stole it from Audi, for sure) than the giant hoffmeister kink and straight diagonal line down the side.
As for the new Civic, look at the pieces of platsic/metal they used in between the glass to make em smaller/squarer - it appears they're trying to cut costs in order to make up for the 'expensive' interior. Yep, that's what car design is coming down to - people want fancy interiors and don't care what the outside of the car looks like.
I kinda like what they did with the sedan, but I hate the hoffmeister kink. It started on Fords in the 50s (I think), and just like flame surfacing was copied by BMW, and should've stayed with BMW lol.
It's not that great anyway, the front sucks - it looks way too cheap and undignified for a car of that size, eh whatever.
I wish car manufacturers would try harder to make their cars look DIFFERENT instead of the same. Yes, I'm a car nerd and I know the difference between a VW and a Honda, but what's scary is Honda doesn't want you to know - **** look at Hyundai, they want you to see the Genesis and think it's a BMW.. that's DUMB!
So yea, I do see where they're coming from, but the body lines are cleaner and the back door treatment looks a LOT better (they stole it from Audi, for sure) than the giant hoffmeister kink and straight diagonal line down the side.
As for the new Civic, look at the pieces of platsic/metal they used in between the glass to make em smaller/squarer - it appears they're trying to cut costs in order to make up for the 'expensive' interior. Yep, that's what car design is coming down to - people want fancy interiors and don't care what the outside of the car looks like.
I kinda like what they did with the sedan, but I hate the hoffmeister kink. It started on Fords in the 50s (I think), and just like flame surfacing was copied by BMW, and should've stayed with BMW lol.
more...

sonicboom
Oct 1, 12:27 AM
Who gives a rats butt about Lotus Notes?
Keep it on OS/2 Warp.
Keep it on OS/2 Warp.
davidjacobs21
Feb 24, 06:12 PM
Nevermind, the deal is dead now. I see a ton of people got in on the deal, but now the coupon doesnt work
more...
PsyOpWarlord
Feb 9, 01:52 PM
Yes you do lose rollover minutes when changing from one rate plan to another if yo have more rolloever than what is included in the new rate plan.
You can use this FAQ and the chart shows all the details.
http://www.wireless.att.com/answer-center/main.jsp?t=solutionTab&ft=searchTab&ps=solutionPanels&locale=en_US&_dyncharset=UTF-8&solutionId=52371&isSrch=Yes
You change plans and the accumulated Rollover Minutes in your existing plan exceed the number of Anytime minutes in your new plan

Kristen Bell-hair-Louis
more...

kim kardashian hair straight.

Gabrielle Anwar#39;s bad hair day
more...

demi lovato caramel hair

Hair Color Highlights

brown hair with light brown
You can use this FAQ and the chart shows all the details.
http://www.wireless.att.com/answer-center/main.jsp?t=solutionTab&ft=searchTab&ps=solutionPanels&locale=en_US&_dyncharset=UTF-8&solutionId=52371&isSrch=Yes
You change plans and the accumulated Rollover Minutes in your existing plan exceed the number of Anytime minutes in your new plan
partyBoy
Oct 4, 10:35 PM
Did a little tweaking...
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee187/colombian_pride69/Geektool%20themes/desktopp.png
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee187/colombian_pride69/Geektool%20themes/desktopp.png
more...
maflynn
Feb 23, 09:05 AM
I don't know any details but if you're getting music without paying for it, I can't help but think its not kosher.
z4n3
Nov 13, 11:06 AM
Sample Video link (http://vimeo.com/9524540)
A friend of mine Shot this with a RedOne and edited on FCS and Color.. proof that you can do great stuff with FCS :D
A friend of mine Shot this with a RedOne and edited on FCS and Color.. proof that you can do great stuff with FCS :D
more...
wordoflife
Apr 3, 10:42 PM
Because that would cost somewhere from $77,000 - $103,425 (depending if you buy the HDMI cable).
edesignuk
Feb 13, 05:46 AM
http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20418&stc=1 http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20418&stc=1 http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20418&stc=1 http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20418&stc=1
http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15956&stc=1
Yeah, right...
I'm confused here :confused: What's the problem??
http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15956&stc=1
Yeah, right...
I'm confused here :confused: What's the problem??
brewno
May 26, 03:01 PM
Yep. I'm going there. I pre-ordered, but I'm going to the store anyway. I'm not very patient.
MacBytes
Jul 23, 04:07 PM
http://www.macbytes.com/images/bytessig.gif (http://www.macbytes.com)
Category: History
Link: This Day in Apple History: July 23, 1981 (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20100723170745)
Description:: none
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)
Approved by Mudbug
Category: History
Link: This Day in Apple History: July 23, 1981 (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20100723170745)
Description:: none
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)
Approved by Mudbug
juancardila
Apr 5, 10:26 PM
Hello,
I have been struggling with my wireless connection in my black MacBook lately. Its a very strange behavior, but I will try to explain it and hope someone can help me with it.
So I connect to my wireless network, every time I start my MacBook it connects automatically. The issue is when viewing a YouTube video or playing any flash game, suddenly the connection drops and if I try to connect to it again it doesn't find it. It doesn't find any network at all. I turn AirPort off and on again, but it still doesn't find anything. The only way of getting it to work again is by getting it into sleep mode or restarting it.
As none of the network related solutions I found online have worked, I got some console log info that may help to know what could be going wrong:
When playing a web-based game:
5/4/11 3:54:13 PM kernel wl0: fifo 0: data error
5/4/11 3:54:13 PM kernel IOAudioStream0x6a28200::clipIfNecessary() - Error: attempting to clip to a position more than one buffer ahead of last clip position (39,1691)->(3a,5045).
5/4/11 3:54:13 PM kernel IOAudioStream0x6a28200::clipIfNecessary() - adjusting clipped position to (3a,1691)
5/4/11 3:54:26 PM kernel AirPort: Link Down on en1. Reason 4 (Disassociated due to inactivity).
5/4/11 3:54:27 PM configd44 network configuration changed.
Playing youtube video:
5/4/11 4:07:45 PM kernel IOAudioStream0x6a28200::clipIfNecessary() - Error: attempting to clip to a position more than one buffer ahead of last clip position (93,56ad)->(95,41cf).
5/4/11 4:07:45 PM kernel IOAudioStream0x6a28200::clipIfNecessary() - adjusting clipped position to (94,56ad)
5/4/11 4:10:29 PM kernel wl0: fifo 0: data error
5/4/11 4:10:29 PM kernel IOAudioStream0x6a28200::clipIfNecessary() - Error: attempting to clip to a position more than one buffer ahead of last clip position (1ba,1f3d)->(1bc,f21).
5/4/11 4:10:29 PM kernel IOAudioStream0x6a28200::clipIfNecessary() - adjusting clipped position to (1bb,1f3d)
5/4/11 4:10:42 PM kernel AirPort: Link Down on en1. Reason 4 (Disassociated due to inactivity).
5/4/11 4:10:44 PM configd44 network configuration changed.
I hope someone can give me a hand on this.
Thanks
I have been struggling with my wireless connection in my black MacBook lately. Its a very strange behavior, but I will try to explain it and hope someone can help me with it.
So I connect to my wireless network, every time I start my MacBook it connects automatically. The issue is when viewing a YouTube video or playing any flash game, suddenly the connection drops and if I try to connect to it again it doesn't find it. It doesn't find any network at all. I turn AirPort off and on again, but it still doesn't find anything. The only way of getting it to work again is by getting it into sleep mode or restarting it.
As none of the network related solutions I found online have worked, I got some console log info that may help to know what could be going wrong:
When playing a web-based game:
5/4/11 3:54:13 PM kernel wl0: fifo 0: data error
5/4/11 3:54:13 PM kernel IOAudioStream0x6a28200::clipIfNecessary() - Error: attempting to clip to a position more than one buffer ahead of last clip position (39,1691)->(3a,5045).
5/4/11 3:54:13 PM kernel IOAudioStream0x6a28200::clipIfNecessary() - adjusting clipped position to (3a,1691)
5/4/11 3:54:26 PM kernel AirPort: Link Down on en1. Reason 4 (Disassociated due to inactivity).
5/4/11 3:54:27 PM configd44 network configuration changed.
Playing youtube video:
5/4/11 4:07:45 PM kernel IOAudioStream0x6a28200::clipIfNecessary() - Error: attempting to clip to a position more than one buffer ahead of last clip position (93,56ad)->(95,41cf).
5/4/11 4:07:45 PM kernel IOAudioStream0x6a28200::clipIfNecessary() - adjusting clipped position to (94,56ad)
5/4/11 4:10:29 PM kernel wl0: fifo 0: data error
5/4/11 4:10:29 PM kernel IOAudioStream0x6a28200::clipIfNecessary() - Error: attempting to clip to a position more than one buffer ahead of last clip position (1ba,1f3d)->(1bc,f21).
5/4/11 4:10:29 PM kernel IOAudioStream0x6a28200::clipIfNecessary() - adjusting clipped position to (1bb,1f3d)
5/4/11 4:10:42 PM kernel AirPort: Link Down on en1. Reason 4 (Disassociated due to inactivity).
5/4/11 4:10:44 PM configd44 network configuration changed.
I hope someone can give me a hand on this.
Thanks
ruvil
Feb 17, 10:17 AM
http://screenshots.se/screenshot-17feb.png
Very simple so far, but i will probably start playing with geektools soon...
Very simple so far, but i will probably start playing with geektools soon...
ranviper
Feb 1, 01:22 PM
LIIINNNNKKKK!!!!? Badass wallpaper, man.
Haha, I know i love it. Heres the link. Enjoy :D
http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper_beta/details/2461/african_sunset.html
Haha, I know i love it. Heres the link. Enjoy :D
http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper_beta/details/2461/african_sunset.html
666sheep
Apr 4, 02:32 PM
I wouldn't suspect the PSU as source of KPs. Never happened in my years of experience with Macs (about few hundreds of units I had in my hands). Ticking sound it's separate issue IMO. Firstly I'd remove all but 1 stick of RAM. If you have more than one, test all separately. HDD (or corrupted files on it) would be a second suspect.
No comments:
Post a Comment