delhikadesi
05-01 01:38 PM
Don't tell the world that you r a linebreaker
wallpaper Tattoos and cult worship - The
no_more_anger
05-07 06:16 PM
My brother moved jobs early last year. He filed AC21 and got an RFE immediately.
The move was parallel in job function and the pay was good.
They replied to the RFE and then never heard back. In these economic times, USCIS
is scrutinizing every doc that gets filed.
Just an experience....
The move was parallel in job function and the pay was good.
They replied to the RFE and then never heard back. In these economic times, USCIS
is scrutinizing every doc that gets filed.
Just an experience....
knnmbd
03-24 08:55 PM
Guys!! I have no idea what can bring sense to all of us and unify our voice. America is not our " Fathers or In -Laws " house to give or grant what we want. There is a reason behind why STEM has been established...because there is a shortage for highly skilled and intellectual people. They dont need any software engineers because the golden period of 90s for tech boom is done....now the boom is in BANGALORE!!! So guys jobs have been outsourced and there is no big demand for the techies...and we all know it..DONT WE??? Coming to MBA's i have mentioned this in my earlier post too, there are so many MBAs already here and nstead of mindlessly saying we want MBA's included or we should get EADs for H4 or the next Pope should be an H1B waiting for GC, we should concentrate on efficency of USCIS, increasing the number of Visas rather than adding clauses based on our whims and fancies. America needs Engineers, Scientists, Mathematicians, Biologists, Professors who will bring about innovation and be involved in research because thats what drives a country. What can we techies contribute other than programming which by the way people in INDIA are doing for less if not any better. Just by paying taxes we cant call what they are doing is unjust against human rights ...etc How many of us tried to write or call our own Netas in India against corruption or any other slight problem.When we didnt exercise our right there...this country is not even ours how can we expect them to show pity on us and include the clauses we want. We have to our earn the rights to get permanent residency and for that if one has to get a Masters Degree maybe thats the price. A lot of Students come to America on F1 by spending on an average 15000 t0 20000K and sometimes more and after the downturn when there were no jobs some of these students even paid for a second masters and even Phds without aid when we in california raked in sign in bonuses and all other moolah. Maybe this is the pay back time for people with advanced degrees and lets all accept it gracefully. I know each of us want to continue to live the good old American dream but although the truth is bitter lets be rational with our demands and work towards an educated goal.
2011 me destruit » Latin words

new2H1&GC
11-08 12:39 PM
Hi all,
This year I got my H1B approved with start date Oct 1st 2007 through a consultancy. I had also applied for GC in July (as derivative) and got my EAD October last week.
The consultancy hasn't placed me on project so far (it's been more than a month) , and I am concerned , if this period of "no pay" will affect my GC process in anyway.:(
The consultancy wants me to get an SSN now, because a couple of their clients want to know the SSN number before considering for projects.
Would getting an ssn number based on the H1B effect me in anyway later on.....in case it takes longer for the consultancy to assign me a project?:confused:
In the mean time I have been looking for jobs in my area , and if I find one before the consultancy assigns a project, I have decided to go ahead and use my EAD card.. and get SSN based on EAD.
Could someone please please let me know if there is any effect on GC if I get an SSN on H1B...or if I use EAD to get an SSN would it invalidate my H1B?:confused:
I would much rather be safe than sorry.
Thank you all for ur replies...
This year I got my H1B approved with start date Oct 1st 2007 through a consultancy. I had also applied for GC in July (as derivative) and got my EAD October last week.
The consultancy hasn't placed me on project so far (it's been more than a month) , and I am concerned , if this period of "no pay" will affect my GC process in anyway.:(
The consultancy wants me to get an SSN now, because a couple of their clients want to know the SSN number before considering for projects.
Would getting an ssn number based on the H1B effect me in anyway later on.....in case it takes longer for the consultancy to assign me a project?:confused:
In the mean time I have been looking for jobs in my area , and if I find one before the consultancy assigns a project, I have decided to go ahead and use my EAD card.. and get SSN based on EAD.
Could someone please please let me know if there is any effect on GC if I get an SSN on H1B...or if I use EAD to get an SSN would it invalidate my H1B?:confused:
I would much rather be safe than sorry.
Thank you all for ur replies...
more...
kartikiran
11-11 11:56 AM
Almond, even i used to think "so close and yet so far". but now have understood, i was never close to begin with...:(
it is better to accept the reality than trying to live with fool's gold like i did for about 2-3 years...
So close and yet so far...so damn far.
it is better to accept the reality than trying to live with fool's gold like i did for about 2-3 years...
So close and yet so far...so damn far.
sobers
06-05 04:38 PM
good job IV!
more...
smiledentist
06-21 10:59 AM
Bump..
2010 literary and word tattoo
Curious_Techie
08-07 05:53 PM
I came back on Sunday after landing with a expired visa but valid H1B till 2010
My family had valid visa till sept 07
My family had valid visa till sept 07
more...
meridiani.planum
05-05 12:26 AM
I was not aware of the 120 days... I filed my wifes EAD day 138 days before expiry (should have been more carefull!)... So what happens now? Rejection? Denial? RFE?
Also what docs should be send after efiling, if any?
rejected. Meaning they will return it with your filing fees:
http://www.immigration-law.com/Archive%20XVI.html
02/14/2008: USCIS Clarification of Denial vs. Rejection of EAD Renewal Application Filed Earlier Than 120 Days Prior to Expiration of EAD
* We posted this message on 02/04/2008 and raised this issue. The AILA has just reported that the USCIS clarified its message that the premature filing would be "rejected" rather than "denied." What this means is that the filers will at least save the filing fees
Also what docs should be send after efiling, if any?
rejected. Meaning they will return it with your filing fees:
http://www.immigration-law.com/Archive%20XVI.html
02/14/2008: USCIS Clarification of Denial vs. Rejection of EAD Renewal Application Filed Earlier Than 120 Days Prior to Expiration of EAD
* We posted this message on 02/04/2008 and raised this issue. The AILA has just reported that the USCIS clarified its message that the premature filing would be "rejected" rather than "denied." What this means is that the filers will at least save the filing fees
hair The word quot;angelquot; is a Latin
akhilmahajan
09-20 04:21 PM
is there any possiblity that the EB3-ROW from Bngladesh become current soon. can you tell any approx.....days. What about in October....i heard that the new visa will be available in Oct every year. Is there any quota for different countries....??????? thanks again
Do you know who will be next president of USA?
In this case, atleast we know there will be a president of USA, but in case of USCIS no body knows whats going to happen.
about the dates being current, u need to keep on following the visa bulletin every month. If your date is not current then keep on renewing your EAD/AP. Also be ready to do FP almost every other year.
If you feel frustuated join us in the fight.
But if you feel that u have filed 485 and u r all set, then GOD HELP YOU.
Please dont take my post in the wrong way, i am just trying to enlighten you to the world of uncertaintites in which you have entered after filing your 485.
Do you know who will be next president of USA?
In this case, atleast we know there will be a president of USA, but in case of USCIS no body knows whats going to happen.
about the dates being current, u need to keep on following the visa bulletin every month. If your date is not current then keep on renewing your EAD/AP. Also be ready to do FP almost every other year.
If you feel frustuated join us in the fight.
But if you feel that u have filed 485 and u r all set, then GOD HELP YOU.
Please dont take my post in the wrong way, i am just trying to enlighten you to the world of uncertaintites in which you have entered after filing your 485.
more...
ak_2006
04-30 03:05 PM
Thanks GC_ON_DEMAND for the quick update.
hot Elegant Word Tattoo
martinvisalaw
10-22 03:27 PM
So when she appears for H-4 interview in consulate in India, will there be any questions on her H1 stay in US? Is there a chance of her H-4 getting denied in case if the officer finds her out of status stay?
It is unlikely. The officer will know that she violated status, because she must disclose this on the DS-156 or DS-160, whichever she will use.
Does she need to show proof of her in-status stay while in US for appearing for H-4 interview?
No, thankfully, because she can't
Are we allowed to appear for our interviews at any consulate in India or are we restricted to appear only that consulate which is in my area of jurisdiction?
You need to check the consulate requirements on this. They vary widely, and change frequently.
It is unlikely. The officer will know that she violated status, because she must disclose this on the DS-156 or DS-160, whichever she will use.
Does she need to show proof of her in-status stay while in US for appearing for H-4 interview?
No, thankfully, because she can't
Are we allowed to appear for our interviews at any consulate in India or are we restricted to appear only that consulate which is in my area of jurisdiction?
You need to check the consulate requirements on this. They vary widely, and change frequently.
more...
house Tattoo of Latin words fully
saketkapur
03-26 11:09 AM
My wife got it stamped twice in Delhi....there were no issues as her application does not mention any 485 filing......
You can only file for her adjustment once her waiver requirements have been met....until then she has nothing to do with your application.
Once her waiver requirements have been met and your PD is current she can file her I-485application as an "accompnying spouse".
Now there has been some difference of opinion as per different answers I have received on forums from Murthy and Ron Gotcher. As per Murthy the I-485 can only be filed once the waiver is complete but as per Ron AOS can be filed once the waiver is approved. In the latter scenario she can make use of EAD and AP benefits but her final AOS will only be approved upon waiver completion. (Both the above scenarios are obviously only possible if your date is current.....:eek:)
If any of you guys find out whichever of the above scenarios is correct then please update the thread......even though with the PDs sitting in dark ages I do not think the above situation will really matter in my case.
Above is just my opinion. Please consult a reputed immigration attorney as every case is different.
Thanks for your response. I understand the process for J1 waiver and I have PD of Oct 2007 and hence not worried about including her in my 485 for now.
I'm more worried along the lines of her J1 visa stamping and problems at port of entry while returning to US. Since USCIS knows that I'm planning to immigrate to US (due to I-140) will they ask any questions or make her life difficult or reject her visa while stamping.
Did you wife go through J1 stamping when your I-140 was approved? Can you also provide your email id to know more about J1 waiver details in your case and how you handled it. It would be useful for us in another 3 years :-)
You can only file for her adjustment once her waiver requirements have been met....until then she has nothing to do with your application.
Once her waiver requirements have been met and your PD is current she can file her I-485application as an "accompnying spouse".
Now there has been some difference of opinion as per different answers I have received on forums from Murthy and Ron Gotcher. As per Murthy the I-485 can only be filed once the waiver is complete but as per Ron AOS can be filed once the waiver is approved. In the latter scenario she can make use of EAD and AP benefits but her final AOS will only be approved upon waiver completion. (Both the above scenarios are obviously only possible if your date is current.....:eek:)
If any of you guys find out whichever of the above scenarios is correct then please update the thread......even though with the PDs sitting in dark ages I do not think the above situation will really matter in my case.
Above is just my opinion. Please consult a reputed immigration attorney as every case is different.
Thanks for your response. I understand the process for J1 waiver and I have PD of Oct 2007 and hence not worried about including her in my 485 for now.
I'm more worried along the lines of her J1 visa stamping and problems at port of entry while returning to US. Since USCIS knows that I'm planning to immigrate to US (due to I-140) will they ask any questions or make her life difficult or reject her visa while stamping.
Did you wife go through J1 stamping when your I-140 was approved? Can you also provide your email id to know more about J1 waiver details in your case and how you handled it. It would be useful for us in another 3 years :-)
tattoo Saint Helena Island Tattoo Tee
sdeshpan
07-01 10:40 AM
You got that right! I have been trying to keep up with these changes myself and found it very interesting that these 3 countries all made these sweeping changes all within a few days of time!
more...
pictures Latin Flower Tattoo
sam2006
09-17 05:05 PM
nice job chandu garu
keep it up :)
keep it up :)
dresses The word “angel” is a Latin
Googler
07-18 08:31 PM
Clockwork and others please note that the pdf version of the Standard Operating Procedure is from 9/28/01 -- a lot has changed since.
more...
makeup Popular Latin Phrase Tattoos
a_yaja
10-09 07:43 PM
Not sure what they do in the secondary inspection.. In my case they asked no questions at all.. Just asked me to sit and wait while they entered / checked something in their system. I was in and out within 20 mnts.
I had the same experience. However, my POE was Miami. No questions asked. My spouse and I just waited (with our USC daughter) in secondary inspection till they called my name and handed over our papers to me.
I had the same experience. However, my POE was Miami. No questions asked. My spouse and I just waited (with our USC daughter) in secondary inspection till they called my name and handed over our papers to me.
girlfriend perhaps the word tattoos,
snathan
12-22 05:09 PM
Gaz
I am in a similar situation. What did your friend end up doing? I would appreciate any feedback on this.
My 140 is approved, 6th year expires in March 09, 485 has not been filed due to retrogression and there is a potential for a layoff. Can I transfer 140 to a new employer and file 3 yr extension at the same time?
You can not transfer I140. You may need to start from PERM and port your PD from the approvd I140. I am not sure about the H1 part.
I am in a similar situation. What did your friend end up doing? I would appreciate any feedback on this.
My 140 is approved, 6th year expires in March 09, 485 has not been filed due to retrogression and there is a potential for a layoff. Can I transfer 140 to a new employer and file 3 yr extension at the same time?
You can not transfer I140. You may need to start from PERM and port your PD from the approvd I140. I am not sure about the H1 part.
hairstyles Hero Jaejoong#39;s Tattoo
suwarnapatel
07-28 05:47 PM
Thanks Elaine, I may have misrepresented myself all I wanted to ask is:
1. If I apply for a second one, will they cancel my previous one?
2. Will it affect any future chance? And you did say, no to that. Thank you for your response.
Regards,
SP
1. If I apply for a second one, will they cancel my previous one?
2. Will it affect any future chance? And you did say, no to that. Thank you for your response.
Regards,
SP
mdcowboy
02-17 07:38 PM
The PD for my GC application is Dec 10, 2001. I filed under EB3 category and my chargeability is India. Going by the backlog that we are currently experiencing for EB3, is it worth filing for an upgrade of the GC application from EB3 to EB2 based purely on timelines for both EB3 and EB2?
You are not going to lose anything by filing through EB-2. This is going to be anyways a separate parallel process in no way affecting your current EB-3 application.
You are not going to lose anything by filing through EB-2. This is going to be anyways a separate parallel process in no way affecting your current EB-3 application.
pandu_hawaldar
05-10 10:07 AM
applies to me too, as I came in this thread to read this post :D
Thanks. I have fixed the typo.
.
Thanks. I have fixed the typo.
.
No comments:
Post a Comment