Berkeleybee
04-26 12:01 PM
All,
I want to make sure we acknowledge every contribution our members make, monetary and in terms of ideas.
As I said in the main thread (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showpost.php?p=9780&postcount=33) it was posts on the forum by virtual55, jkays94 and cpolisetti that set the WaPo ball rolling.
Thank you to them and every member who does his or her part in big and small ways.
best,
Berkeleybee
I want to make sure we acknowledge every contribution our members make, monetary and in terms of ideas.
As I said in the main thread (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showpost.php?p=9780&postcount=33) it was posts on the forum by virtual55, jkays94 and cpolisetti that set the WaPo ball rolling.
Thank you to them and every member who does his or her part in big and small ways.
best,
Berkeleybee
wallpaper mac wallpaper tiger_10. Categories: Wallpaper
aroranuj
09-09 11:20 AM
Hello Everyone,
It is time that we need to unite as one�no EB1 or EB2 or EB3. This is our last real chance in a long time to come to address our BIGGEST issue. The Full House Judiciary Committee will do a Mark-Up of EB Visa Recapture Bill and Nursing Relief Bill on 09/10/2008 10:15 a.m. We need to call ALL these members listed below and ask them to support. Please write in your responses with how many reps you have been able to call. We need to keep this thread on top. The information provided below has been taken from the Administrators post about the HR5882.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
BACKGROUND & TALKING POINTS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
HR5882 was sponsored by Congresswoman Lofgren and Congressman Sensenbrenner. This bill recaptures all the unused visa numbers that have been lost since 1992 due to processing delays in Employment based category and Family category. This bill has PASSED the Sub Committee and is in its next phase. After it passes here it will to the full house
Please use the instructions provided below to make the phone calls.
(1) Call the congressman/woman office and request to speak with the aide who handles Legislative and Immigration matters
2) If they are not available leave a VM for them -
"I would like Representative "Representative Name" to support HR 5882, bill to recapture the green cards lost due to processing and bureaucratic delays. As you may already know that this is a bi-partisan bill with wide bipartisan support in the house and will help improve American competitiveness & reduce the back logs associated with USCIS. This bill is non controversial measures that will help US to stay competitive with a highly educated and skilled work force and address family based backlogs also.
To All congress-critters:
In a nutshell, this bill allows USCIS to manage their workflow more effectively, which provides better customer service, and will eventually lead to better turn-around times.
To Democrats: More people will be able to get their citizenship in reasonable times.
To Republicans: Companies will be able to attract more talent which improves economic performance."
(3) As usual Do NOT get into the CIR issue or illegal Immigration. If the aide is confusing with CIR or illegal immigration, just tell them that these are legal immigration bills.
(4) If the aide asks whether you belong to the district or not, tell them NO if you don't. Mention to them that you already spoke with your representative and would like the congressman/congresswoman
support.
The list of key representatives along with their contact information is provided in this post.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If asked please say that you are a member of Immigration Voice.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If the staffer ask - "did you call the representative in your area", say that -
"Yes I did. Congressman/Congresswoman is a prominent member of House Judiciary committee which makes him a national figure of great importance. Congressman's decision and support is very important for people inside and outside of your district and as such I urge you and the Congressman to support HR5882."
Democrats
Zoe Lofgren, California (202) 225-3072
Sheila Jackson-Lee, Texas (202) 225-3816
Maxine Waters, California (202) 225-2201
Bill Delahunt, Massachusetts (202)-225-3111
Robert Wexler, Florida (202) 225-3001
Linda T. S�nchez, California (202) 225-6676
Steve Cohen, Tennessee (202) 225-3265
Hank Johnson, Georgia (202) 225-1605
Betty Sutton, Ohio (202) 225-3401
Luis Gutierrez, Illinois (202) 225-8203
Brad Sherman, California (202) 225-5911
Anthony D. Weiner, New York (202) 225-6616
Adam B. Schiff, California (202) 225-4176
Artur Davis, Alabama (202) 225-2665
Debbie Wasserman Schultz, FL (202) 225-7931
Keith Ellison, Minnesota (202) 225-4755
Tammy Baldwin, Wisconsin (202) 225-2906
Republicans
Lamar S. Smith, Texas (202) 225-4236
Jim Sensenbrenner, Wisconsin (202) 225-5101
Howard Coble, North Carolina (202) 225-3065
Elton Gallegly, California (202) 225-5811
Bob Goodlatte, Virginia (202) 225-5431
Steve Chabot, Ohio (202) 225-2216
Dan Lungren, California (202) 225-5716
Chris Cannon, Utah (202) 225-7751
Ric Keller, Florida (202) 225-2176
Darrell Issa, California (202) 225-3906
Mike Pence, Indiana (202) 225-3021
Randy Forbes, Virginia (202) 225-6365
Steve King, Iowa DO NOT CONTACT
Tom Feeney, Florida (202) 225-2706
Trent Franks, Arizona (202) 225-4576
Louie Gohmert, Texas (202) 225-3035
Jim Jordan, Ohio (202) 225-2676
It is time that we need to unite as one�no EB1 or EB2 or EB3. This is our last real chance in a long time to come to address our BIGGEST issue. The Full House Judiciary Committee will do a Mark-Up of EB Visa Recapture Bill and Nursing Relief Bill on 09/10/2008 10:15 a.m. We need to call ALL these members listed below and ask them to support. Please write in your responses with how many reps you have been able to call. We need to keep this thread on top. The information provided below has been taken from the Administrators post about the HR5882.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
BACKGROUND & TALKING POINTS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
HR5882 was sponsored by Congresswoman Lofgren and Congressman Sensenbrenner. This bill recaptures all the unused visa numbers that have been lost since 1992 due to processing delays in Employment based category and Family category. This bill has PASSED the Sub Committee and is in its next phase. After it passes here it will to the full house
Please use the instructions provided below to make the phone calls.
(1) Call the congressman/woman office and request to speak with the aide who handles Legislative and Immigration matters
2) If they are not available leave a VM for them -
"I would like Representative "Representative Name" to support HR 5882, bill to recapture the green cards lost due to processing and bureaucratic delays. As you may already know that this is a bi-partisan bill with wide bipartisan support in the house and will help improve American competitiveness & reduce the back logs associated with USCIS. This bill is non controversial measures that will help US to stay competitive with a highly educated and skilled work force and address family based backlogs also.
To All congress-critters:
In a nutshell, this bill allows USCIS to manage their workflow more effectively, which provides better customer service, and will eventually lead to better turn-around times.
To Democrats: More people will be able to get their citizenship in reasonable times.
To Republicans: Companies will be able to attract more talent which improves economic performance."
(3) As usual Do NOT get into the CIR issue or illegal Immigration. If the aide is confusing with CIR or illegal immigration, just tell them that these are legal immigration bills.
(4) If the aide asks whether you belong to the district or not, tell them NO if you don't. Mention to them that you already spoke with your representative and would like the congressman/congresswoman
support.
The list of key representatives along with their contact information is provided in this post.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If asked please say that you are a member of Immigration Voice.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If the staffer ask - "did you call the representative in your area", say that -
"Yes I did. Congressman/Congresswoman is a prominent member of House Judiciary committee which makes him a national figure of great importance. Congressman's decision and support is very important for people inside and outside of your district and as such I urge you and the Congressman to support HR5882."
Democrats
Zoe Lofgren, California (202) 225-3072
Sheila Jackson-Lee, Texas (202) 225-3816
Maxine Waters, California (202) 225-2201
Bill Delahunt, Massachusetts (202)-225-3111
Robert Wexler, Florida (202) 225-3001
Linda T. S�nchez, California (202) 225-6676
Steve Cohen, Tennessee (202) 225-3265
Hank Johnson, Georgia (202) 225-1605
Betty Sutton, Ohio (202) 225-3401
Luis Gutierrez, Illinois (202) 225-8203
Brad Sherman, California (202) 225-5911
Anthony D. Weiner, New York (202) 225-6616
Adam B. Schiff, California (202) 225-4176
Artur Davis, Alabama (202) 225-2665
Debbie Wasserman Schultz, FL (202) 225-7931
Keith Ellison, Minnesota (202) 225-4755
Tammy Baldwin, Wisconsin (202) 225-2906
Republicans
Lamar S. Smith, Texas (202) 225-4236
Jim Sensenbrenner, Wisconsin (202) 225-5101
Howard Coble, North Carolina (202) 225-3065
Elton Gallegly, California (202) 225-5811
Bob Goodlatte, Virginia (202) 225-5431
Steve Chabot, Ohio (202) 225-2216
Dan Lungren, California (202) 225-5716
Chris Cannon, Utah (202) 225-7751
Ric Keller, Florida (202) 225-2176
Darrell Issa, California (202) 225-3906
Mike Pence, Indiana (202) 225-3021
Randy Forbes, Virginia (202) 225-6365
Steve King, Iowa DO NOT CONTACT
Tom Feeney, Florida (202) 225-2706
Trent Franks, Arizona (202) 225-4576
Louie Gohmert, Texas (202) 225-3035
Jim Jordan, Ohio (202) 225-2676
belmontboy
08-14 08:28 PM
USCIS is considering to "permit pre-filing of I-485 applications upon approval of I-140 petitions for preadjudication of the I-485 applications pending immigrant visa number availability."
News From The Oh Law Firm Site: Link (http://www.immigration-law.com/Canada.html)
Possible good news for folks who missed 07' July Fiasco and still waiting to file I-485
good morning.
This horse has been beaten to death before.
the pre-adjudication process does not give u any benefits of I-1485.
I hope they don't charge money for pre-adjucation, else this would be another scheme for money making!
News From The Oh Law Firm Site: Link (http://www.immigration-law.com/Canada.html)
Possible good news for folks who missed 07' July Fiasco and still waiting to file I-485
good morning.
This horse has been beaten to death before.
the pre-adjudication process does not give u any benefits of I-1485.
I hope they don't charge money for pre-adjucation, else this would be another scheme for money making!
2011 mac wallpaper tiger_10. KemetApplication 1.2.2u1 - Mac OS X. 13 March 2011
gc_chahiye
08-15 05:32 AM
Hi,
I'm considering relocating back to India after getting my EAD since I don't know how long it's going to take to actually get the I-485 approved. My questions are:
1) Is it possible to continue to keep my I-485 application active if I relocate to India and work at the India office of the same company that filed my green card?
yes. Remember again: GC is for future job.
2) Is it possible to continue to keep my I-485 application active if I relocate to India and work for a company other than the one that filed my green card?
yes, provided you stayed with this company for atleast 180 days and have another employer here with whom you are using AC21 (ie. he will provide a future employment letter to USCIS in case you get an RFE.
3) Lets say I move back to India after getting the green card, is it enough to simply enter the US once a year to keep my green card active? Can I apply for citizenship after 5 years of having the green card, even though I haven't resided in the US for those 5 years?
you typically need to visit every 6 months, pay all taxes here and if possible maintain residence here. YOu will also typically apply for a re-entry permit when you leave like this for short-term to India. I believe REPs are granted for upto 2 years at a time. What you are trying here (stay outside the US for long periods after getting GC) is potentially risky for your GC.
I'm considering relocating back to India after getting my EAD since I don't know how long it's going to take to actually get the I-485 approved. My questions are:
1) Is it possible to continue to keep my I-485 application active if I relocate to India and work at the India office of the same company that filed my green card?
yes. Remember again: GC is for future job.
2) Is it possible to continue to keep my I-485 application active if I relocate to India and work for a company other than the one that filed my green card?
yes, provided you stayed with this company for atleast 180 days and have another employer here with whom you are using AC21 (ie. he will provide a future employment letter to USCIS in case you get an RFE.
3) Lets say I move back to India after getting the green card, is it enough to simply enter the US once a year to keep my green card active? Can I apply for citizenship after 5 years of having the green card, even though I haven't resided in the US for those 5 years?
you typically need to visit every 6 months, pay all taxes here and if possible maintain residence here. YOu will also typically apply for a re-entry permit when you leave like this for short-term to India. I believe REPs are granted for upto 2 years at a time. What you are trying here (stay outside the US for long periods after getting GC) is potentially risky for your GC.
more...
vban2007
06-07 02:09 PM
is there nobody with info/experience on this????
I am in the same situation...
I am in the same situation...
addsf345
01-08 02:07 PM
Sree, even I have travelled using AP last year. My lawyer told me that it should not be problem for H1B transfer. I have not used EAD to work though.
My question is, do I need to provide copy of approved I-140 with my new h1b transfer request to get 3 years ext? I've already completed 5 years on h1b.
any one?
My question is, do I need to provide copy of approved I-140 with my new h1b transfer request to get 3 years ext? I've already completed 5 years on h1b.
any one?
more...
mbawa2574
06-30 10:44 AM
How can some one with a damn 2 years experience get ahead of someone who is waiting for a while. I am going to report all the desi 2 people :mad: employers to USCIS trying to sell LC. Shut their shops and everything would be normal after that.:mad:
2010 mac wallpaper tiger_10. Terrifying Wallpaper of the
sunnymit
02-17 04:30 PM
Really speaking I care more for the dates to get current so I can add my wife to my GC application and get her an EAD and AP. After that I won't mind if I have to wait for some more time before I get the actual GC in hand
more...
ar
02-04 05:35 PM
What would you need done
I'll help out
I'll help out
hair mac wallpaper tiger_10. Rumpled Paper Backgrounds; Rumpled Paper Backgrounds
kmkanth
08-06 07:08 PM
LUD on I-140 on July.13.08
more...

rameshk75
02-12 03:14 PM
Am working for a GC sponsoring company and applied for 485 in August 2007 and received EAD, AP etc...
Can i change the company with a H1B transfer and invoking AC21? Am not willing to move to EAD.. My current H1B is valid until Sep'09.
Pls suggest the possiblities..
Can i change the company with a H1B transfer and invoking AC21? Am not willing to move to EAD.. My current H1B is valid until Sep'09.
Pls suggest the possiblities..
hot mac wallpaper tiger_10. boots brand wallpaper; boots brand wallpaper

chanduv23
10-30 04:35 PM
yeah the meeting was really good..I got to meet many people but had to leave a bit early. For a first meeting (for me) I got an overview of IV etc and put faces to the handles I see in here. For future meetings I think we should
1) establish action items
2) find volunteers to carry out specific action items
3) set drop-dead dates for each item
4) find a conduit for communicating back the results /feedback from the implemented tasks (yahoo groups works fine)
5) list out our progress/obstacles/lessons learnt
Thanks for the excellent feedback. Do please write to the yahoogroups your overall experience during the NJ meet.
We are currently restructuring the yahoogroups, we removed all bouncing and anonymous ids and making it extra secure. The idea is to make yahoogroups exclusively for local chapter activities and mobilization within the chapter.
Tri State still needs mobilization in Long Island and Upstate NY and I am trying to jump start these sub units, I want help from people living in those places.
1) establish action items
2) find volunteers to carry out specific action items
3) set drop-dead dates for each item
4) find a conduit for communicating back the results /feedback from the implemented tasks (yahoo groups works fine)
5) list out our progress/obstacles/lessons learnt
Thanks for the excellent feedback. Do please write to the yahoogroups your overall experience during the NJ meet.
We are currently restructuring the yahoogroups, we removed all bouncing and anonymous ids and making it extra secure. The idea is to make yahoogroups exclusively for local chapter activities and mobilization within the chapter.
Tri State still needs mobilization in Long Island and Upstate NY and I am trying to jump start these sub units, I want help from people living in those places.
more...
house mac wallpaper tiger_10. more. more. jakeDude. Sep 1, 07:41 PM
gc_chahiye
08-14 06:18 PM
Hi,
Assuming that one has file for the I-485 - just wanted to clarify that EAD/AP can be filed even if the priority dates are not current. In other words, EAD/AP has no dependency on the priority date being current.
Regards
ZooZee
yes EAD and AP can be filed even if your PD is not current. In fact unless the Sept 18th rally works, we'll all be filing EADs and APs every year for a LONG time waiting for our PD to become current,.
Assuming that one has file for the I-485 - just wanted to clarify that EAD/AP can be filed even if the priority dates are not current. In other words, EAD/AP has no dependency on the priority date being current.
Regards
ZooZee
yes EAD and AP can be filed even if your PD is not current. In fact unless the Sept 18th rally works, we'll all be filing EADs and APs every year for a LONG time waiting for our PD to become current,.
tattoo Apple MAC Os X Server Version
nixstor
07-17 10:45 AM
Most users ever online was 5,233, Yesterday at 04:20 PM
Threads: 5,709, Posts: 114,871, Members: 20,081, Active Members: 13,220
From immigration.com
Most users ever online was 2,117, 16th September 2005 at 02:58 PM.
Threads: 239,836, Posts: 1,626,529, Members: 162,149
Most users ever online is increasing every day and IV is becoming a better source of information. Its just unfortunate that people fail to recognize the importance of contributions for this effort.
Threads: 5,709, Posts: 114,871, Members: 20,081, Active Members: 13,220
From immigration.com
Most users ever online was 2,117, 16th September 2005 at 02:58 PM.
Threads: 239,836, Posts: 1,626,529, Members: 162,149
Most users ever online is increasing every day and IV is becoming a better source of information. Its just unfortunate that people fail to recognize the importance of contributions for this effort.
more...
pictures mac wallpaper tiger_10. Website: http://www.mncorp.net/
rsdang
09-03 03:29 PM
I would suggest going to the ssn office with all the documents and see if you can apply...
dresses mac wallpaper tiger_10. graffiti letters z 3d. graffiti letters z 3d.
bijualex29
03-24 12:48 PM
I am wrong in my number. I added 10% to EB-1,2 and 3 all separately
more...
makeup mac wallpaper tiger_10. love poems for one you love.
h1bnogc
08-28 10:20 PM
Hi,
I had the same issue. I did not pay attention what I-94 expiration date was stamped by the officer in JFK airport. I had my visa expired earlier than my approved H1B status.
I was able to fix it couple weeks later at home in Tampa Airport with US Customs and Border Protection. Make sure that you make appointment with them before you go to your nearest international airport. They will take you to secured area where they do all immigration paperwork. See U.S. Customs and Border Protection - Contacts (http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/contacts/deferred_inspection/)
Next time, check the expiration I 94 date before you leave an immigration officer counter at the port of entry. This year, when I came back from vacation, the Immigration Officer at Atlanta airport did the same mistake. I told him that's not right and he fixed it.
There are 2 dates on your visa stamp:
1) Visa expiration date
2) H1B status expiration date.
Basically u do not need to show them 797 approved form because they can see all info on your visa stamp. But carry 797 with you just in case.
Misha: how did you convince POE in second time? Thanks for sharing this...
I had the same issue. I did not pay attention what I-94 expiration date was stamped by the officer in JFK airport. I had my visa expired earlier than my approved H1B status.
I was able to fix it couple weeks later at home in Tampa Airport with US Customs and Border Protection. Make sure that you make appointment with them before you go to your nearest international airport. They will take you to secured area where they do all immigration paperwork. See U.S. Customs and Border Protection - Contacts (http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/contacts/deferred_inspection/)
Next time, check the expiration I 94 date before you leave an immigration officer counter at the port of entry. This year, when I came back from vacation, the Immigration Officer at Atlanta airport did the same mistake. I told him that's not right and he fixed it.
There are 2 dates on your visa stamp:
1) Visa expiration date
2) H1B status expiration date.
Basically u do not need to show them 797 approved form because they can see all info on your visa stamp. But carry 797 with you just in case.
Misha: how did you convince POE in second time? Thanks for sharing this...
girlfriend mac wallpaper tiger_10. 50th birthday party; 50th birthday party. maflynn
senk1s
06-19 12:05 PM
A quick question:
I just have the FRONT side copy of the EAD stored.
Why do we need the BACK side of the copy?
Responses will be appreciated.
It is mentioned specifically in the 765 instructions ... see on Pg 6
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-765instr.pdf
I just have the FRONT side copy of the EAD stored.
Why do we need the BACK side of the copy?
Responses will be appreciated.
It is mentioned specifically in the 765 instructions ... see on Pg 6
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-765instr.pdf
hairstyles mac wallpaper tiger_10. pictures of anne hathaway in
Gravitation
08-02 09:33 AM
Congress has gone into unscheduled recess till Sept 8th. Then it'll be too close to elections. Once new congress is seated, all bills introduced before then will not have any standing. So, let's be realistic and not get too excited.
desi485
03-17 10:43 PM
afaik your date of first application is your pd. To recapture it, you need to have copy of approved i140 or atleast knowledge that it has been approved.
ash0210
05-08 04:44 PM
Yes, I did contributed for this month..
No comments:
Post a Comment