indianabacklog
01-03 12:43 PM
Hi All,
My wife was on H1b till few months back. She left her job and is currently on AdjustmentOfStatus. We have received the filing receipts for her Adjustment of Status Application, and her approved EAD as well.
But yet to get back anything on her Advance Parole Application, though we have the filing receipts. She now needs to travel to India due to some family reasons. Is it safe for her to travel without approved Advance Parole?
I have an approved H1b till early 2009 and plan to use same for my travel.
Any pointers on this one?
Thanks
From what you say do you mean your wife now has no current visa status?
If so she has to have advanced parole in hand to travel. She is effectively now on her EAD and AOS combined and neither of these bestows travel privileges.
If however, as other responders have assumed, that your wife is on an H4 now as your dependent then she can go for visa stamping and re enter the US on that visa
My wife was on H1b till few months back. She left her job and is currently on AdjustmentOfStatus. We have received the filing receipts for her Adjustment of Status Application, and her approved EAD as well.
But yet to get back anything on her Advance Parole Application, though we have the filing receipts. She now needs to travel to India due to some family reasons. Is it safe for her to travel without approved Advance Parole?
I have an approved H1b till early 2009 and plan to use same for my travel.
Any pointers on this one?
Thanks
From what you say do you mean your wife now has no current visa status?
If so she has to have advanced parole in hand to travel. She is effectively now on her EAD and AOS combined and neither of these bestows travel privileges.
If however, as other responders have assumed, that your wife is on an H4 now as your dependent then she can go for visa stamping and re enter the US on that visa

chanduv23
09-18 12:04 AM
Thanks, I am in DC now - will see you all in the rally
sathishav
02-24 08:54 AM
Congrats Beautiful Mind. It is good to hear EB3 to EB2 porting. (Though I don't have plans to do it)

anilsal
07-07 02:15 PM
We need to post every news article on DIGG and then as many of us as possible, should digg them.
I think it may be possible that because of us digging a lot of the earlier news reports, smaller newspapers are picking up material.
Go IV.
I think it may be possible that because of us digging a lot of the earlier news reports, smaller newspapers are picking up material.
Go IV.
more...

deecha
07-16 05:14 PM
Hey,
My I-140 was filed in June 2006. It was based on the LC Substitution from the same company..but filed with the copy of the LC. It has been still pending for more than a year with TSC. Last inquired with USCIS in Jan 07, USCIS came back to us and said it requires an additional review. But the LUD remain the same as June 2006.
My lawyer said she will another inquiry with USCIS in August 2007 as 6 months waiting period will be over from last inquiry....
In my case, I never received the original PERM LC. Perhaps it got lost in the mail or they forgot totally about the issue that's why he had to file with a copy.
My I-140 was filed in June 2006. It was based on the LC Substitution from the same company..but filed with the copy of the LC. It has been still pending for more than a year with TSC. Last inquired with USCIS in Jan 07, USCIS came back to us and said it requires an additional review. But the LUD remain the same as June 2006.
My lawyer said she will another inquiry with USCIS in August 2007 as 6 months waiting period will be over from last inquiry....
In my case, I never received the original PERM LC. Perhaps it got lost in the mail or they forgot totally about the issue that's why he had to file with a copy.
indio0617
01-05 10:19 PM
For any new comprehensive immigration reform, we must push for the Ability to be able to file for EAD after labor rather than having to wait for I-140 approval.
Do anybody know if any of the proposed bills have this provision? We must get together to push for this in the final bill as this doesn't harm anybody.
Thanks,
WaldenPond
I do not think any of the proposed bills push for I-485 filing after the Labor Cert itself. This has not been proposed because I-140 approval is not an issue right now. It is being approved as fast as one month these days. But I see no harm in asking for it. Let us reach for the moon and see what we get :)
Do anybody know if any of the proposed bills have this provision? We must get together to push for this in the final bill as this doesn't harm anybody.
Thanks,
WaldenPond
I do not think any of the proposed bills push for I-485 filing after the Labor Cert itself. This has not been proposed because I-140 approval is not an issue right now. It is being approved as fast as one month these days. But I see no harm in asking for it. Let us reach for the moon and see what we get :)
more...
WeldonSprings
05-18 06:51 PM
This lawsuit is about the 140000 visas been given out each year and in years 2008 and 2009.
There have been many people who received GCs in 2008 and 2009 in EB2 without regard to Priority number. Check Visa Bulletins from August 2008 and September 2008. People from 2006 were given GCs over 2004 and there was total chaos.
This lawsuit is to bring justice to the last three years of absolute anarchy.
This lawsuit is to bring in line how this 140000 number is distributed. How does processing of I-485s take place in USCIS.
I think Indian EB3 will join shortly.
Guys,
This is a very positive development. Chinese are suing based on EB3 China visas used in 2008 & 2009 which were 2058 and 1077 respectively. Which are far less than 2500 that the law actually allows without spillover. This is awesome. Go Chinese friends!
Pappu sir,
Do we (EB3I) know the number of applicants who were approved green card from EB3 I in the last three years? I suspect that the same would have happened here too. We need to also follow (Law) suit.
There have been many people who received GCs in 2008 and 2009 in EB2 without regard to Priority number. Check Visa Bulletins from August 2008 and September 2008. People from 2006 were given GCs over 2004 and there was total chaos.
This lawsuit is to bring justice to the last three years of absolute anarchy.
This lawsuit is to bring in line how this 140000 number is distributed. How does processing of I-485s take place in USCIS.
I think Indian EB3 will join shortly.
Guys,
This is a very positive development. Chinese are suing based on EB3 China visas used in 2008 & 2009 which were 2058 and 1077 respectively. Which are far less than 2500 that the law actually allows without spillover. This is awesome. Go Chinese friends!
Pappu sir,
Do we (EB3I) know the number of applicants who were approved green card from EB3 I in the last three years? I suspect that the same would have happened here too. We need to also follow (Law) suit.
GreenLantern
06-06 11:55 PM
Hey lermit,
Thanks for your interest. Unfortunatly, I am pretty busy at the moment. I can't help you out at the moment, but maybe later.
Tell me about the TGG team? What are they? What do they do?
Thanks for your interest. Unfortunatly, I am pretty busy at the moment. I can't help you out at the moment, but maybe later.
Tell me about the TGG team? What are they? What do they do?
more...
chanduv23
09-17 03:27 PM
I am out - SEE YOU ALL IN DC
pd052009
04-28 04:11 PM
One of my friends who applied in Jan, got it in 2 weeks. I haven't heard of any delays.
more...
indio0617
01-05 10:19 PM
For any new comprehensive immigration reform, we must push for the Ability to be able to file for EAD after labor rather than having to wait for I-140 approval.
Do anybody know if any of the proposed bills have this provision? We must get together to push for this in the final bill as this doesn't harm anybody.
Thanks,
WaldenPond
I do not think any of the proposed bills push for I-485 filing after the Labor Cert itself. This has not been proposed because I-140 approval is not an issue right now. It is being approved as fast as one month these days. But I see no harm in asking for it. Let us reach for the moon and see what we get :)
Do anybody know if any of the proposed bills have this provision? We must get together to push for this in the final bill as this doesn't harm anybody.
Thanks,
WaldenPond
I do not think any of the proposed bills push for I-485 filing after the Labor Cert itself. This has not been proposed because I-140 approval is not an issue right now. It is being approved as fast as one month these days. But I see no harm in asking for it. Let us reach for the moon and see what we get :)

senram
01-21 05:26 PM
But it works little bit different. The green card process is not purely based on merrit. But college admission is based on merrit in USA. But green card
process is done by the requirement and eligiblity. For example for an Engineer position the requirement is BE and 5 years of experience and they are
selecting based on Experience. Similarly for QA or Analyst position the requirement is similar but they do not need Aptitude similar to Hardcore Engineer position. So in
this case after labor is cleared everyone of them is needed for USA irespective of which country he belongs to. So because of Country quota USA or US companies were not all
impacted. But because of overcrowding of Indians and Chinese are impacted. Best way to say is because of country some one is cutting the line in the queue. But skill wise
every one who cleared labor are eqully important based on the requirements. So quality of persons selected were not impacted by country quota. But it is discriminatory. But
this kind of discrimination is in most or all of the countries in the world. Can anyone fight reservation in India and win? Atleast here we have provision to fight by advocacy
and lobbying whether winning or not. But in our own country we cannot do anything about discrimination.
The country quota extends to all the nations and is not specific to few countries (India, China....) UK, Germany, France have country limits too, its just that their countries are not oversubscribed like India, China...
Country quota has no place in employment based green card system. The skill set that I have and that my employer seeks has nothing to do with the country that I was born in!
process is done by the requirement and eligiblity. For example for an Engineer position the requirement is BE and 5 years of experience and they are
selecting based on Experience. Similarly for QA or Analyst position the requirement is similar but they do not need Aptitude similar to Hardcore Engineer position. So in
this case after labor is cleared everyone of them is needed for USA irespective of which country he belongs to. So because of Country quota USA or US companies were not all
impacted. But because of overcrowding of Indians and Chinese are impacted. Best way to say is because of country some one is cutting the line in the queue. But skill wise
every one who cleared labor are eqully important based on the requirements. So quality of persons selected were not impacted by country quota. But it is discriminatory. But
this kind of discrimination is in most or all of the countries in the world. Can anyone fight reservation in India and win? Atleast here we have provision to fight by advocacy
and lobbying whether winning or not. But in our own country we cannot do anything about discrimination.
The country quota extends to all the nations and is not specific to few countries (India, China....) UK, Germany, France have country limits too, its just that their countries are not oversubscribed like India, China...
Country quota has no place in employment based green card system. The skill set that I have and that my employer seeks has nothing to do with the country that I was born in!
more...
Hinglish
03-05 12:18 PM
My wife had Henna on her hand when she went for her FP. The officer asked her did not take her finger prints and asked her to send that letter to their office by mail for re-scheduling the appointment. She sent the letter and got another appointment within 40 days. No problems in the second appearance.
That is stupid .... how does having henna affect fingerprints???
I think that officer didnt have any common sense left .... but then who are we to argue
That is stupid .... how does having henna affect fingerprints???
I think that officer didnt have any common sense left .... but then who are we to argue

NKR
09-30 09:29 AM
Its hard to gauge what they are trying to do here by mentioning that the processing dates are accurate only as of July 31, 2008. But just attempting to make a few guesses. I might be totally wrong though
- May be they are trying to cover up their silly, non-backable acts of swinging Processing Dates back and forth as a pendulum. And hence keep the web posting data perpetually at a older date, so that if some official corners them they can say "Oh, forget the web data, it is out of date. Here's the more updated *internal* info" . But at the same time to the general public , they can point to "Go look at the web data, I can't open a service request for you based on where the processing dates are at" and thus avoid all accountability and head aches of opening service requests etc.
- May be they are going to fast forward the dates now that the PDs are retrogressed and people can't file service requests left and right based on processing dates outside normal processing times.
Dude, you reasoning does makes sense in this thread and in the other thread where people are talking about asking for accountability.
On a side note, I notice that your PD is in 2001 and your id is optimistic. Hope you keep the optimism alive�
Take an infopass appointment to know if your name check is cleared. I did the same, I couldn�t find out what was happening to my case, but I did find out that my background is cleared.
- May be they are trying to cover up their silly, non-backable acts of swinging Processing Dates back and forth as a pendulum. And hence keep the web posting data perpetually at a older date, so that if some official corners them they can say "Oh, forget the web data, it is out of date. Here's the more updated *internal* info" . But at the same time to the general public , they can point to "Go look at the web data, I can't open a service request for you based on where the processing dates are at" and thus avoid all accountability and head aches of opening service requests etc.
- May be they are going to fast forward the dates now that the PDs are retrogressed and people can't file service requests left and right based on processing dates outside normal processing times.
Dude, you reasoning does makes sense in this thread and in the other thread where people are talking about asking for accountability.
On a side note, I notice that your PD is in 2001 and your id is optimistic. Hope you keep the optimism alive�
Take an infopass appointment to know if your name check is cleared. I did the same, I couldn�t find out what was happening to my case, but I did find out that my background is cleared.
more...

iwantgc
09-11 06:34 PM
I've been a silent avid reader of this website and I'm also among those EB3 retro victims. I'm starting a thread about what I read from shusterman website " there's no chance getting an immigration bill inacted before November election" and see what's everyone's opinion on this.
iwantgc
iwantgc
rally
07-19 10:23 AM
Could you please comment on the above?
Thanks
Thanks
more...
kiwi
11-07 10:18 AM
Hello you all,
I guess I am the victim of bad attorney - I didn't do enough of my homework. Here my PD Jan 2003 labor just got approved. Fired my labor attorney who I couldn't never get hold of. In the process of preparing I140, my current attorney found the my company has been at loss in the past 3 years so doesn't look good for I-140 approval. His recommendation is to renew H1b then file PERM next year with a different employer. As depressing as it could be - I have to move forward.
I am in Michigan and intended to move to bay area. My job is IT senoir development/IT project management for 8 years. This time I would like to do some homework: before I start to look for a new job in bay area, does anyone know what is the approx. prevailing wage for EB2?
Can someone give me some infomation on this or where I could find it?
Thanks.
K.
I guess I am the victim of bad attorney - I didn't do enough of my homework. Here my PD Jan 2003 labor just got approved. Fired my labor attorney who I couldn't never get hold of. In the process of preparing I140, my current attorney found the my company has been at loss in the past 3 years so doesn't look good for I-140 approval. His recommendation is to renew H1b then file PERM next year with a different employer. As depressing as it could be - I have to move forward.
I am in Michigan and intended to move to bay area. My job is IT senoir development/IT project management for 8 years. This time I would like to do some homework: before I start to look for a new job in bay area, does anyone know what is the approx. prevailing wage for EB2?
Can someone give me some infomation on this or where I could find it?
Thanks.
K.
GoneSouth
07-18 04:49 PM
Thanks ! But ... I had found a single pdf of the field manual at one point ... anyone got a link to that ?
gcpool
03-12 06:29 AM
The above is right. But make sure its applied all over the application. If not the application will be returned to you. Use the above argument in the front and then attach both the I-140s and then mark on the I-140 which is original one and which ones priority date is being used.
Do this for every applicant. Get it done via an attorney who has done this before. Most of them dont even have a clue how to do it.
It can be done at I-485 stage.
Thank you all for your response. As per him ( my attorney) - you apply for I-485 with the new I-140. Provide reference to earlier PD as reason for your application. He provided the following text from the USCIS's I-140/I-485 adjudication document.
If an alien is the beneficiary of two (or more) approved employment-based immigrant visa petitions, the priority of the earlier petition may be applied to all subsequently-filed employment-based petitions. For example:
Company A files a labor certification request on behalf of an alien ("Joe") as a janitor on January 10, 2003. The DOL issues the certification on March 20, 2003. Company A later files, and USCIS approves, a relating I-140 visa petition under the EB-3 category. On July 15, 2003, Joe files a second I-140 visa petition in his own behalf as a rocket scientist under the EB-1 category, which USCIS approves. Joe is entitled to use the January 10, 2003, priority date to apply for adjustment under either the EB-1 or the EB-3 classification
ANYBODY HAS A DOCUMENT COUNTERING IT ( STATING IT CAN NOT BE DONE AT I-485 OR IT MUST BE DONE AT I-140). PLEASE PROVIDE LINKS OR REFERENCES. SORRY FOR THE URGENCY.
Do this for every applicant. Get it done via an attorney who has done this before. Most of them dont even have a clue how to do it.
It can be done at I-485 stage.
Thank you all for your response. As per him ( my attorney) - you apply for I-485 with the new I-140. Provide reference to earlier PD as reason for your application. He provided the following text from the USCIS's I-140/I-485 adjudication document.
If an alien is the beneficiary of two (or more) approved employment-based immigrant visa petitions, the priority of the earlier petition may be applied to all subsequently-filed employment-based petitions. For example:
Company A files a labor certification request on behalf of an alien ("Joe") as a janitor on January 10, 2003. The DOL issues the certification on March 20, 2003. Company A later files, and USCIS approves, a relating I-140 visa petition under the EB-3 category. On July 15, 2003, Joe files a second I-140 visa petition in his own behalf as a rocket scientist under the EB-1 category, which USCIS approves. Joe is entitled to use the January 10, 2003, priority date to apply for adjustment under either the EB-1 or the EB-3 classification
ANYBODY HAS A DOCUMENT COUNTERING IT ( STATING IT CAN NOT BE DONE AT I-485 OR IT MUST BE DONE AT I-140). PLEASE PROVIDE LINKS OR REFERENCES. SORRY FOR THE URGENCY.
cchaitu
11-06 04:19 PM
The question is: is a copy of I140 is that important to use AC21 . From the posts on IV forums I got the impression is you dont even need a copy of I140. The important thing is to apply for change of attorneys immediately after changing the job. If you get any RFE - you will get on the employment verification - then you need to show you have a job that is same/similar as the one in labor certification. If you know the job description (generally most employers attorneys share this info to make sure that you have relevant experience) then make sure your new job is same or atleast mostly similar.
In your two options you mentioned using EAD for one job and H1b for another. I read somewhere that this cannot be done (I dont have the link but I think this is from Murthy chat). Once you use EAD your satus will change to 485 waiter with EAD - seems like you can change back to H1b - but having two statuses at the same time is not possible. This is my understanding based on forum reading (not a lawyer).
Thanks Kishdam for your quick reply
In your two options you mentioned using EAD for one job and H1b for another. I read somewhere that this cannot be done (I dont have the link but I think this is from Murthy chat). Once you use EAD your satus will change to 485 waiter with EAD - seems like you can change back to H1b - but having two statuses at the same time is not possible. This is my understanding based on forum reading (not a lawyer).
Thanks Kishdam for your quick reply
kirupa
01-17 09:22 PM
Added!
No comments:
Post a Comment