
idanchez
Apr 15, 05:21 PM
Good Day Forum,
I work in manufacturing engineering...
Looking at these pictures i think it is possible to produce an iPhone like this using CNC machining...
However i am not sure what to think about dock connecter port :confused: ... The image shows it having 90 deg corners which is quite difficult to achieve using a CNC milling machine... This would require some sort of laser cutting manufacturing proces... which they probably used...
The silent lock switch and the volume button show the corners having a radius of about 0.5mm... this is achieved using a 1mm cutter.
Though this may look like renders... it is still possible to generate a product like this...
If you look closely to all of Apples product... they pay EXTREME :rolleyes: attention to DETAIL... This does not look like something apple would produce.
The "bevel" at the back.... is a No No for apple... they like to make it look smooth and shell like all over...
However i could be wrong... :(
Many Thanks for you time.
:cool: :apple:
I can generate an iPod Touch first generation using CAD and save the file as a 3D file and upload this to photoshop to render and add text and texture...
I work in manufacturing engineering...
Looking at these pictures i think it is possible to produce an iPhone like this using CNC machining...
However i am not sure what to think about dock connecter port :confused: ... The image shows it having 90 deg corners which is quite difficult to achieve using a CNC milling machine... This would require some sort of laser cutting manufacturing proces... which they probably used...
The silent lock switch and the volume button show the corners having a radius of about 0.5mm... this is achieved using a 1mm cutter.
Though this may look like renders... it is still possible to generate a product like this...
If you look closely to all of Apples product... they pay EXTREME :rolleyes: attention to DETAIL... This does not look like something apple would produce.
The "bevel" at the back.... is a No No for apple... they like to make it look smooth and shell like all over...
However i could be wrong... :(
Many Thanks for you time.
:cool: :apple:
I can generate an iPod Touch first generation using CAD and save the file as a 3D file and upload this to photoshop to render and add text and texture...

Ger Teunis
Apr 29, 03:15 PM
nevermind
ten-oak-druid
May 2, 12:46 PM
Really its not brain surgery.
Windows 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, XP (5.0), Vista (6.0), Windows 7 (7.0).
You need to indicate where you fit in NT, me, 95, 98 and any other versions that might exist. You haven't included all the versions.
Look through the thread. There are other various arguments about how the versions are grouped.
Windows 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, XP (5.0), Vista (6.0), Windows 7 (7.0).
You need to indicate where you fit in NT, me, 95, 98 and any other versions that might exist. You haven't included all the versions.
Look through the thread. There are other various arguments about how the versions are grouped.
MBPLurker
Mar 17, 11:02 AM
Were this true, you would realize that there are fifty states each with their own crimes and with unique elements of those crimes. It would be difficult to make a blanket statement that OP committed "retail theft."
But what do I know - I'm only the President of the United States. :rolleyes:
Retail theft is on the books everywhere and rooted in old common law. The States only vary on degrees (ie classes of misdemeanors).
But what do I know - I'm only the President of the United States. :rolleyes:
Retail theft is on the books everywhere and rooted in old common law. The States only vary on degrees (ie classes of misdemeanors).
kurt.mac
Jan 15, 04:07 PM
Reactions -
Macbook air
Pros
- Smallest laptop yet
- touch pad
- lite
Cons
- EXTREMELY TO MUCH- 1200 more that any one expected
- 64GB to 80GB hard drive, thats what i partition my boot camp on, thats what my DOG eats for breakfast
- 1.6GHz... piss poor, your lucky to run word on that
- OPTIONAL super drive, what the hell is that, having to plug something the size of a macbook air onto it just to watch a dvd, WTF., optional.. ur i think that EVERYONE needs a superdrive, if not, say good bye to installing software
Overall, i think the macbook air is so over priced and doesnt give what everyone needs, power. I dont think i will buy something just because it look good, remember the old saying
" Dont judge a book by its cover"
i shall reword this to
" Dont judge a macbook by its cover"
Overall = 3 out of 10
Time Capsule
Pros
- Airport and external time machine hd all in one
Con
Overall= 8/10
Macbook air
Pros
- Smallest laptop yet
- touch pad
- lite
Cons
- EXTREMELY TO MUCH- 1200 more that any one expected
- 64GB to 80GB hard drive, thats what i partition my boot camp on, thats what my DOG eats for breakfast
- 1.6GHz... piss poor, your lucky to run word on that
- OPTIONAL super drive, what the hell is that, having to plug something the size of a macbook air onto it just to watch a dvd, WTF., optional.. ur i think that EVERYONE needs a superdrive, if not, say good bye to installing software
Overall, i think the macbook air is so over priced and doesnt give what everyone needs, power. I dont think i will buy something just because it look good, remember the old saying
" Dont judge a book by its cover"
i shall reword this to
" Dont judge a macbook by its cover"
Overall = 3 out of 10
Time Capsule
Pros
- Airport and external time machine hd all in one
Con
Overall= 8/10

firewood
Mar 24, 09:33 PM
I had a Apple PowerMac 7100 with an external HD so I could dual boot into an Apple distribution of MkLinux, circa '96 to '99. I may still have the MkLinux CD somewhere.
And before that there was A/UX for some 680x0 desktop Macs, which was too expensive for me to try, IIRC.
And before that there was A/UX for some 680x0 desktop Macs, which was too expensive for me to try, IIRC.

DoFoT9
Jul 30, 07:00 PM
well i still have 3 main machines for folding, but none are back up to full force.
i don't have any of them running over 3.6 ghz (the fastest now is like 3.55 or so). so right now i'm just running -advmethods instead of -bigadv on 2 of them, and i'm actually using the other one, so no cpu folding right now.

There is a calmness to a life

eautiful quotes on life with

eautiful quotes on life with

lt;lt;Go to Life Quotes

eautiful quotes on life

eautiful quotes on life with

eautiful quotes on life

eautiful quotes on life

eautiful quotes on life with

eautiful quotes on life with

eautiful quotes on life with

life,quotes,love,eautiful
i don't have any of them running over 3.6 ghz (the fastest now is like 3.55 or so). so right now i'm just running -advmethods instead of -bigadv on 2 of them, and i'm actually using the other one, so no cpu folding right now.
Mac Fly (film)
Oct 3, 02:24 PM
Yes, the iPhone is long coming, but the VPod is not.
mmcc
Mar 29, 03:54 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the Windows Live Marketplace in Windows Vista a integrated (badly integrated but still integrated), App Store before it was discontinued due to lack of consumers and made to redirect to a Microsoft website that sold some products?
I believe Microsoft did partner with Digital River to bring 3rd party products to such a store. However it was badly organized, poorly promoted and ultimately drew little business as you indicate since it offered customers little or no benefit over direct purchases from the developer. Developers lost interest. It morphed into the current MS/DR relationship where DR handles much of the on-line sales of MS products.
I sort of hope developers lose interest in the Mac App Store as well. ;) Unfortunately, consumers love the basement pricing.
I believe Microsoft did partner with Digital River to bring 3rd party products to such a store. However it was badly organized, poorly promoted and ultimately drew little business as you indicate since it offered customers little or no benefit over direct purchases from the developer. Developers lost interest. It morphed into the current MS/DR relationship where DR handles much of the on-line sales of MS products.
I sort of hope developers lose interest in the Mac App Store as well. ;) Unfortunately, consumers love the basement pricing.

Rocketman
Jul 21, 09:34 AM
Moral of the story:
Never argue with someone with a $100,000,000 signal analysis lab or CAMPUS. Especially someone with incentive to publish scientific fact to demonstrate with science their own product is equal to, or superior to, their competitor's products in terms of a "PR talking point" targeted to disparage the FASTEST GROWING and LARGEST MINDSHARE and HIGHEST MARGIN product in the segment.
Also you probably shouldn't argue with someone who has so little to say, everything they do actually say is cascaded along all forms of media, instantly, for free, and with perceived credibility. While the "other companies" issue press releases and badly planned press conferences that end up lining bird cages and sitting in electronic in-boxes as uninteresting and insignificant.
Just a suggestion from the people at:
Rocketman
Never argue with someone with a $100,000,000 signal analysis lab or CAMPUS. Especially someone with incentive to publish scientific fact to demonstrate with science their own product is equal to, or superior to, their competitor's products in terms of a "PR talking point" targeted to disparage the FASTEST GROWING and LARGEST MINDSHARE and HIGHEST MARGIN product in the segment.
Also you probably shouldn't argue with someone who has so little to say, everything they do actually say is cascaded along all forms of media, instantly, for free, and with perceived credibility. While the "other companies" issue press releases and badly planned press conferences that end up lining bird cages and sitting in electronic in-boxes as uninteresting and insignificant.
Just a suggestion from the people at:
Rocketman
rdowns
Apr 13, 11:13 AM
Great, a shoot out on a plane loaded with innocent bystanders. :rolleyes:
There are already armed marshall on many flights in the US. WHen was the last time we had a shoot out in the sky? :rolleyes:
There are already armed marshall on many flights in the US. WHen was the last time we had a shoot out in the sky? :rolleyes:
JoeG4
Mar 19, 04:27 PM
On this note, I thought I'd point out that I hate it when Mac users give me **** for using a Sony laptop when I have more Macs then they've ever owned. :D
AlBDamned
Nov 10, 03:11 PM
Overall I'm much happier with this game than I ever was with Modern Warfare 2 which I only ever played FFA on and people always used to cheat by using Tactical Insertion to sit next to each other and get free kills.
Free-for-all is fun, and I agree that the TI cheat was irritating, but FFA is really only scratching the surface of the multiplayer. Either way, there's no doubting for me that Black Ops is jerky, graphically and sonically inferior, and basically a poor cousin. Roll on MW3. I think I might sell Black Ops it's that bad.
Free-for-all is fun, and I agree that the TI cheat was irritating, but FFA is really only scratching the surface of the multiplayer. Either way, there's no doubting for me that Black Ops is jerky, graphically and sonically inferior, and basically a poor cousin. Roll on MW3. I think I might sell Black Ops it's that bad.

kdarling
Apr 18, 08:56 AM
Plus Android devices seem loaded with uninstallable Google services.
I think we're all confused as to what you're talking about. Can you elaborate? Are you talking about:
Google Maps? Google Sync? Google Search? Heck, those are "uninstallable" on the iPhone.
Android phones often add Google Navigation and Google Voice Input, both of which are excellent and very useful.
Of course, in either iOS or Android's case, you can simply not use them.
I think we're all confused as to what you're talking about. Can you elaborate? Are you talking about:
Google Maps? Google Sync? Google Search? Heck, those are "uninstallable" on the iPhone.
Android phones often add Google Navigation and Google Voice Input, both of which are excellent and very useful.
Of course, in either iOS or Android's case, you can simply not use them.
Streffert
Apr 12, 09:36 AM
GF and I just switched. Ive had Tmobile for 11 years and the Iphone but I am sick of edge. Just got done JB and using mywi as we speak, alot faster!
R.Perez
Apr 26, 05:17 PM
He is a male, just like me, I can't believe you don't understand that...
He thinks he is female which is a whole other thing
Wow.
Your ignorance related to trans issues is really showing here. I suggest you do a little research on this topic next time around.
She is a woman plain and simple, what is or isn't between her legs does not matter one bit IMO.
He thinks he is female which is a whole other thing
Wow.
Your ignorance related to trans issues is really showing here. I suggest you do a little research on this topic next time around.
She is a woman plain and simple, what is or isn't between her legs does not matter one bit IMO.

bassfingers
Apr 28, 01:28 AM
HAHAHA, funny, you happened to pick the *worst* possible example there, Transsexuals can and do compete in the Olympics, as long as they've been taking hormones that bring them to the typical range for their gender for a period of 2 years before competing. People do change gender physically.
I'm not going to bother to repeat myself with a detailed argument, feel free to read back through my discussing with MattSepeta.
well crap
I'm not going to bother to repeat myself with a detailed argument, feel free to read back through my discussing with MattSepeta.
well crap
gregnv
May 3, 04:45 PM
Android 2.3 (and I think 2.2) support wi/fi tethering in the OS, no app needed. If you have an android phone with 2.2 or 2.3 (I do because ATT service sucked where I live), just select SETTINGS then WIRELESS & Networks, then "Tethering & portable hotspot" to set the phone up as a wi/fi hub with data access.
I haven't used the iphone in a while (since moving to T-MO), so I don't know if IOS supports something similar.
(using a Nexus One)
I haven't used the iphone in a while (since moving to T-MO), so I don't know if IOS supports something similar.
(using a Nexus One)
ppc_michael
May 3, 03:20 PM
Fortunately, tethering is built in to vanilla Android. Carriers apparently take the option out when they put out their crappy carrier-specific builds.
Anyone with an Android phone can root and install vanilla Android, or a custom rom like Cyanogenmod, relatively easily.
Anyone with an Android phone can root and install vanilla Android, or a custom rom like Cyanogenmod, relatively easily.
iOrlando
Apr 15, 01:29 PM
looks like an iphone casket.
balamw
Apr 26, 08:21 PM
Post your code, and let us know what you are trying to accomplish.
Nekbeth, let me suggest that you take some time to read over http://whathaveyoutried.com and http://mikeash.com/getting_answers.html.
dejo, ulbador and wlh99 are genuinely trying to help you, but you have not defined the problem or given them (or anyone else) enough information to work with in order to be able to help you.
Part of the problem, which dejo already alluded to, is that without a common understanding of fundamental assumptions you both end up frustrated. You might well be able to ask for a coffee in French, but if you are in a dentist's office in Austria that might not lead to satisfaction all around. Your assumptions aren't in sync.
B
Nekbeth, let me suggest that you take some time to read over http://whathaveyoutried.com and http://mikeash.com/getting_answers.html.
dejo, ulbador and wlh99 are genuinely trying to help you, but you have not defined the problem or given them (or anyone else) enough information to work with in order to be able to help you.
Part of the problem, which dejo already alluded to, is that without a common understanding of fundamental assumptions you both end up frustrated. You might well be able to ask for a coffee in French, but if you are in a dentist's office in Austria that might not lead to satisfaction all around. Your assumptions aren't in sync.
B
simsaladimbamba
Apr 2, 11:48 AM
Is Windows 8 then Windows 7.0, like Windows Seven is actually Windows 6.1?
bboucher790
May 2, 10:44 AM
You're tracking us wrong.
dejo
Apr 5, 07:04 PM
Thread re-opened, although further cleanup may still occur.
If you wish to continue posting in this thread (or any other) please observe the Forum Rules, particularly those related to the Rules for Appropriate Debate (http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Rules_for_Appropriate_Debate).
If you wish to continue posting in this thread (or any other) please observe the Forum Rules, particularly those related to the Rules for Appropriate Debate (http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Rules_for_Appropriate_Debate).
No comments:
Post a Comment