razzmatazz
Sep 12, 07:25 AM
Man I'm going to be at school while this is all going on. Hmm...time to play sick :rolleyes: :D

Messy
Apr 26, 10:13 AM
I don't read into the results as you might have. This doesn't seem to show manipulation in any of the areas of this photo that are contested and news-worthy. I see an image that has been reproduced and resaved maybe a handful of times before it reached distribution here...
Anyone have any guesses at the extra icons depicted in that folder? The last may be the new facetime, but what of the two before that?
It suggests that the folders have been manipulated, additionally looking at the pixel width and height they are not uniform, suggesting stretching.
Theres also no real reason why it should be a grainy image, even if taken with a camera phone.
Anyone have any guesses at the extra icons depicted in that folder? The last may be the new facetime, but what of the two before that?
It suggests that the folders have been manipulated, additionally looking at the pixel width and height they are not uniform, suggesting stretching.
Theres also no real reason why it should be a grainy image, even if taken with a camera phone.

Ommid
Apr 25, 12:00 PM
iPhone nano mock-up?
Image (http://zclee.com/random/iphonenano.jpg)
Nah, definitely a mockup lol
Image (http://zclee.com/random/iphonenano.jpg)
Nah, definitely a mockup lol

ksteele
Sep 25, 01:27 PM
Breaking News: First Look at Aperture 1.5
http://www.creativepro.com/story/news/24732.html?cprose=daily
by Ben Long - coAuthor Aperture Pro Training
http://www.creativepro.com/story/news/24732.html?cprose=daily
by Ben Long - coAuthor Aperture Pro Training
Proud Liberal
Sep 12, 07:26 AM
I'm in Washington D.C. (8:24am EST) and just tried going into iTMS and there's a black page, with white text, announcing "It's Showtime. The iTunes Store is being updated." Here come the movies!
woody888
Mar 17, 05:42 PM
true story, I walked into Apple store today. I saw a nice iPad on the display. I like it a lot, but I really just do not have the money to pay for it. I "rigged" it out of the anti-theft device and nobody was looking at me. everybody seemed busy doing their own thing. I then proceeded to take the iPad to the front of the store. I had the iPad in my jacket. And no alarm sounded! wow, I had just walked off with a new iPad. well, it is a display model, but hey, it is free. $230 for an iPad? I think I got the better deal than you......
OP, you obviously knew you did the wrong thing, because all along you knew about it. as soon as you walked out of Best Buy, you knew what is going on, so why not do the right thing? just a suggestion. it's not like any of us that have the most morale, but it just seem like a right thing to do. why make the cashier take the fall? sure, they may be stoned according to you, but it sounds to me that you are taking advantage of others on purpose. ok, my lame morale speech is over. I'm going to go into AT&T store now and see if I can take some display U-Verse boxes home. my jacket have plenty of pockets!
OP, you obviously knew you did the wrong thing, because all along you knew about it. as soon as you walked out of Best Buy, you knew what is going on, so why not do the right thing? just a suggestion. it's not like any of us that have the most morale, but it just seem like a right thing to do. why make the cashier take the fall? sure, they may be stoned according to you, but it sounds to me that you are taking advantage of others on purpose. ok, my lame morale speech is over. I'm going to go into AT&T store now and see if I can take some display U-Verse boxes home. my jacket have plenty of pockets!
ericschmerick
Sep 28, 12:25 PM
Aperture runs fine on my MBP 15" 2.0ghz. I have 2GB of ram, and I've definitely noticed that it'll use almost all of it. After 1 hr or so of working with images, I've seen it using 1.5GB+ of ram. So I suspect if you're running it with 1GB, you're missing out on some level of performance.
I agree, the rotate/straighten tool sucks hard. I've found that it's really hard to move the mouse precisely enough, and the click buttons on each side go up/down by 1 degree! Too much for each step.
I think the thing I love more than anything is not having an intermediate format. Working directly with RAW, and just leaving everything in that format until I'm ready to output, is terrific. I'm not a huge photoshopper, so once an image is sharpened, straightened, and levels adjusted, I'm usually done. So I'm not outputting a TIFF and bouncing into PS much. That might make a big difference in how you think about the value of aperture. I can't even imagine managing a whole separate collection of TIFFs, like I used to, now that I'm working directly with RAW.
The actual RAW "conversion" (if it can still be called that) and adjustment process, for me, is about the same speed than C1 or PS was. I have iView Pro as well with well over 10,000 images in databases, and it's terrific, but I'm not using it any more.
EE
http://www.essersinchina.com/
I agree, the rotate/straighten tool sucks hard. I've found that it's really hard to move the mouse precisely enough, and the click buttons on each side go up/down by 1 degree! Too much for each step.
I think the thing I love more than anything is not having an intermediate format. Working directly with RAW, and just leaving everything in that format until I'm ready to output, is terrific. I'm not a huge photoshopper, so once an image is sharpened, straightened, and levels adjusted, I'm usually done. So I'm not outputting a TIFF and bouncing into PS much. That might make a big difference in how you think about the value of aperture. I can't even imagine managing a whole separate collection of TIFFs, like I used to, now that I'm working directly with RAW.
The actual RAW "conversion" (if it can still be called that) and adjustment process, for me, is about the same speed than C1 or PS was. I have iView Pro as well with well over 10,000 images in databases, and it's terrific, but I'm not using it any more.
EE
http://www.essersinchina.com/
BRLawyer
Oct 3, 06:40 AM
Hello "lawyer". No legal permission is required for reverse engineering.
Really? Which jurisdiction you talk from? And what kind of IPR are we considering here? Have ya ever heard of the DMCA, which forbids reverse engineering except for very limited purposes?
If you don't really know legal issues, please spare us from such glib comments.
Really? Which jurisdiction you talk from? And what kind of IPR are we considering here? Have ya ever heard of the DMCA, which forbids reverse engineering except for very limited purposes?
If you don't really know legal issues, please spare us from such glib comments.
gnasher729
Nov 16, 03:21 PM
There is absolutely no, no, no way that Intel did not enter a contractual agreement with Apple that explicitly prohibits or deters Apple from using AMD's competitive products.
Given that there is a major lawsuit between AMD and Intel going on right now where AMD claims that Intel has been using its monopoly through exactly that kind of behavior, you can be assured that no such agreement exists.
That said, there is value in having a good relationship with a supplier, and there is value in being able to use the same designs in all products. AMD would have to produce something quite amazing for Apple to switch over.
Given that there is a major lawsuit between AMD and Intel going on right now where AMD claims that Intel has been using its monopoly through exactly that kind of behavior, you can be assured that no such agreement exists.
That said, there is value in having a good relationship with a supplier, and there is value in being able to use the same designs in all products. AMD would have to produce something quite amazing for Apple to switch over.
technicolor
Nov 24, 10:40 AM
I'm about to hit the store. I asked last year about doubling up my education discount and the Black Friday one. I was told that I couldn't. :(
The EPP still seems valid today though according to the web store. My brother has an EPP through this company vs. the government. It'll hopefully still hold true.
I'll be going up to the Apple Store within the hour. I'll post from there. :D
Thanks , let us know man!
I wont be going until way later so I wont have a way to confirm until tonite.
The EPP still seems valid today though according to the web store. My brother has an EPP through this company vs. the government. It'll hopefully still hold true.
I'll be going up to the Apple Store within the hour. I'll post from there. :D
Thanks , let us know man!
I wont be going until way later so I wont have a way to confirm until tonite.
KnightWRX
Mar 9, 05:43 AM
Take this for example
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2011/03/asuset2700aio2.jpg
You do realise that's a Touch screen on that Asus all-in-one right ? You also realise HP's all in one has had a touch screen for a while. Yet the day Apple ships a touch screen iMac, you can bet a lot of people here will think they were the first to do it.
Or uh.. hrm..
all those HP laptops coming out right now? XD
Yeah, not to mention Sony's use of chicklet keyboa... err.. wait, Apple took that idea from them and not the other way around. ;)
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2011/03/asuset2700aio2.jpg
You do realise that's a Touch screen on that Asus all-in-one right ? You also realise HP's all in one has had a touch screen for a while. Yet the day Apple ships a touch screen iMac, you can bet a lot of people here will think they were the first to do it.
Or uh.. hrm..
all those HP laptops coming out right now? XD
Yeah, not to mention Sony's use of chicklet keyboa... err.. wait, Apple took that idea from them and not the other way around. ;)

MacNut
Apr 22, 01:25 PM
And you are why this system won't work.;)My point exactly, this is the reason we never wanted this system.

Rodimus Prime
Apr 25, 04:12 PM
Yes, they did. They encouraged it and called no one. This went on for a very long time too. Some of you need to go watch the video before you comment. I fixed the link. You will not believe what you see.
well that is another story.
If all they did was just call 911 and say nothing then I would of been fine with it. Encouraging the attackers is another story.
I know for me personally as soon as I got over the "Is this really happening question" my cell would of been out with a 911 call. A cop should be there pretty quickly.
I see some employee's being fired for the very least.
well that is another story.
If all they did was just call 911 and say nothing then I would of been fine with it. Encouraging the attackers is another story.
I know for me personally as soon as I got over the "Is this really happening question" my cell would of been out with a 911 call. A cop should be there pretty quickly.
I see some employee's being fired for the very least.

mikerr
Apr 25, 12:28 PM
Still edge to edge glass like the ip4 = more cracked & shattered screens.
The 3G(s) were better designed with that metal ring to take the pain of a fall
instead of hitting the glass on edge
The 3G(s) were better designed with that metal ring to take the pain of a fall
instead of hitting the glass on edge
BlindMellon
Apr 25, 08:34 PM
I don't get the fascination with a marginal bigger screen, if I need a bigger screen I get my iPad.
They had the perfect opportunity to change the screen size last year. They introducing a higher resolution screen and a new design. They could have designed the phone for a larger screen and talked about how the screen was both larger and sharper. Instead, they kept the same screen size and talked about the 326 PPI retina resolution.
So now you think that they are adding a larger screen with fewer PPI to last years' form-factor which was designed for a 3.5" screen? C'mon... get real.
Why would Apple create a new design with the same screen size if they were planning on using that same design a year later with a larger screen? It doesn't make any sense. If they had plans to use a larger screen, they would have done it with the iPhone 4. If they do it in the future, it will have a different design.
this is true and one of my main gripes: they had the opportunity to enlarge the screen back when they redesigned the whole damn phone. they drew a line in the sand with the 3.5" screen and i doubt they'll change it any time soon. plus, the longer they wait, the more foolish they'll look when they finally do get around to it.
They had the perfect opportunity to change the screen size last year. They introducing a higher resolution screen and a new design. They could have designed the phone for a larger screen and talked about how the screen was both larger and sharper. Instead, they kept the same screen size and talked about the 326 PPI retina resolution.
So now you think that they are adding a larger screen with fewer PPI to last years' form-factor which was designed for a 3.5" screen? C'mon... get real.
Why would Apple create a new design with the same screen size if they were planning on using that same design a year later with a larger screen? It doesn't make any sense. If they had plans to use a larger screen, they would have done it with the iPhone 4. If they do it in the future, it will have a different design.
this is true and one of my main gripes: they had the opportunity to enlarge the screen back when they redesigned the whole damn phone. they drew a line in the sand with the 3.5" screen and i doubt they'll change it any time soon. plus, the longer they wait, the more foolish they'll look when they finally do get around to it.
marks47
Jan 11, 04:17 PM
I have a problem with tv-b-gone users in general.
That said, I was laughing at the video.
Some people have screamed "sue!"
You have to be able to PROVE damages.
As for causing the companies damages, remember these guys probably screwed up about 2 minutes worth of each presentation they messed with... We just happened to see it repeatedly, and non-stop. Don't forget those presentations are made every 5-10 minutes every day for 3-4 days... In the grand scheme of things, I have a hard time believing anyone was *really* damaged.
That said, I'm going to be manning our booth at Macworld next week. I'm disabling the IR receivers so nobody comes by with an Apple remote, trying to trigger front row on all our laptops!! :)
That said, I was laughing at the video.
Some people have screamed "sue!"
You have to be able to PROVE damages.
As for causing the companies damages, remember these guys probably screwed up about 2 minutes worth of each presentation they messed with... We just happened to see it repeatedly, and non-stop. Don't forget those presentations are made every 5-10 minutes every day for 3-4 days... In the grand scheme of things, I have a hard time believing anyone was *really* damaged.
That said, I'm going to be manning our booth at Macworld next week. I'm disabling the IR receivers so nobody comes by with an Apple remote, trying to trigger front row on all our laptops!! :)
JKK photography
Apr 10, 11:06 AM
Lion will contain Mac OS X Server. So there, there's your new features.
As an Apple user, I'm thrilled that I'm not afflicted with the need to put down Windows in order to boost my ego.
He's not putting down Windows. He's simply talking about the Windows NT version, which (for Windows 7) is currently 6.1. It is unknown as to whether or not MS will go to 6.2, or maybe to 7.0.
So, when you insult someone, have your facts straight. A simple Google search usually suffices.
As an Apple user, I'm thrilled that I'm not afflicted with the need to put down Windows in order to boost my ego.
He's not putting down Windows. He's simply talking about the Windows NT version, which (for Windows 7) is currently 6.1. It is unknown as to whether or not MS will go to 6.2, or maybe to 7.0.
So, when you insult someone, have your facts straight. A simple Google search usually suffices.
Luph67
Apr 8, 05:00 PM
Possible Office Ribbon interface for Windows Explorer (http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-testing-ribbon-ui-in-windows-8)
The ribbon is awful though. :(
The ribbon is awful though. :(
munkery
Apr 17, 06:36 PM
How does Gnome 3.0 on Linux compare to the new UI in OSX Lion?
I've been playing around with Gnome 3.0, and it seems like the designers have a similar philosophy about desktop navigation.
Gnome 3.0 Preview (This is not my video):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joBXc3IGRBw
That's a pretty sick OS. I haven't ever run Fedora on a computer of mine, but my uncle swears by it. That video has convinced me to run it on my next box.
I like fedora over ubuntu. I haven't run fedora for a while, I think I'll take second look when the new version comes out.
I wish Ubuntu went with Gnome 3 over Unity. Fedora is great but it is more "free" than Ubuntu as Fedora includes fewer/no? proprietary drivers by default so it is a little bit more work to get running on some hardware.
The next Fedora may be worth the extra effort.
Here is a link for those looking to stay up to date on Win 8. http://www.winrumors.com/
Or, at least looking to retaliate?
I've been playing around with Gnome 3.0, and it seems like the designers have a similar philosophy about desktop navigation.
Gnome 3.0 Preview (This is not my video):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joBXc3IGRBw
That's a pretty sick OS. I haven't ever run Fedora on a computer of mine, but my uncle swears by it. That video has convinced me to run it on my next box.
I like fedora over ubuntu. I haven't run fedora for a while, I think I'll take second look when the new version comes out.
I wish Ubuntu went with Gnome 3 over Unity. Fedora is great but it is more "free" than Ubuntu as Fedora includes fewer/no? proprietary drivers by default so it is a little bit more work to get running on some hardware.
The next Fedora may be worth the extra effort.
Here is a link for those looking to stay up to date on Win 8. http://www.winrumors.com/
Or, at least looking to retaliate?
toddybody
May 2, 01:13 PM
NSA does not have a security expert at Apple. Apple has a security expert who used to be with the NSA. Big difference.
To your knowledge, they dont.
To your knowledge, they dont.
getalifemacfans
Jan 10, 02:40 AM
[QUOTE=getalifemacfans;4722504]
it dont have mms
you cant send messages to more then one at a time.
it is not possible to download contacts from sim
its more difficult to call,set up contacts and so on compare to sony/nokia
i have all of these on my iphone, albeit not out of the box....but if your serious about your iphone, you should be jailbreaking it anyway, the amount of apps that will make your phone YOURS is relentless and modding is the way to go.
not sure why you think its more difficult to call, set up contacts etc, strange comment....
Yeah i talked with some iphone users and they said compare to nokia/ sony its something more harder to organize(not the biggest problem but it can be anoying maybe).Maybe thats strange but if it is a fact then it is a fact.
Maybe the jailbraking makes it more complete.hehe.But think of this you must jailbrake it to make it function proper.its like those guys who tried to make a computer out of apple tv(the cheapest apple computer yet..lol).But it still can't record video with that camera and thats a minimum for todays cellies(think about all the fun you're missing)
But if apple release a second iphone with some bether specs i will forgive apple and buy it:)(and eat my own words..)
it dont have mms
you cant send messages to more then one at a time.
it is not possible to download contacts from sim
its more difficult to call,set up contacts and so on compare to sony/nokia
i have all of these on my iphone, albeit not out of the box....but if your serious about your iphone, you should be jailbreaking it anyway, the amount of apps that will make your phone YOURS is relentless and modding is the way to go.
not sure why you think its more difficult to call, set up contacts etc, strange comment....
Yeah i talked with some iphone users and they said compare to nokia/ sony its something more harder to organize(not the biggest problem but it can be anoying maybe).Maybe thats strange but if it is a fact then it is a fact.
Maybe the jailbraking makes it more complete.hehe.But think of this you must jailbrake it to make it function proper.its like those guys who tried to make a computer out of apple tv(the cheapest apple computer yet..lol).But it still can't record video with that camera and thats a minimum for todays cellies(think about all the fun you're missing)
But if apple release a second iphone with some bether specs i will forgive apple and buy it:)(and eat my own words..)
rdowns
May 6, 09:49 AM
I believe this might LITERALLY be the first time I've ever read something from Lee, been impressed with it's depth, and not been saddened by the complete opacity of his partisan blinders.
Very well said, sir. I agree, 100%
A real piece of work. You have to insult even when you agree with someone. Were it me, I'd seek help.
Very well said, sir. I agree, 100%
A real piece of work. You have to insult even when you agree with someone. Were it me, I'd seek help.
twoodcc
May 13, 10:13 PM
oh really? thats frustrating!! what soft of temps do they sit at? are you sure you have cranked enough voltage into them?
the temps haven't been that high (70C or under). i have changed the voltages, but maybe not enough. that's one of those things you have to play with.
but it looks like 2 of my rigs are down now. i might be driving back to fix them tomorrow night i guess. i'll put both of them back to 3.5 ghz and hopefully they'll stay stable.
my asus has been rock solid compared to the other 2 though. staying at 3.5-3.6 ghz
the temps haven't been that high (70C or under). i have changed the voltages, but maybe not enough. that's one of those things you have to play with.
but it looks like 2 of my rigs are down now. i might be driving back to fix them tomorrow night i guess. i'll put both of them back to 3.5 ghz and hopefully they'll stay stable.
my asus has been rock solid compared to the other 2 though. staying at 3.5-3.6 ghz
Illuminated
Apr 7, 04:32 PM
Just got a bamboo plant for my desk...not the vase/pebbles...
also a red velvet whoopie pie, and a vanilla cake whoopie pie..
Both things from Reading Terminal Market in Philly...:D
also a red velvet whoopie pie, and a vanilla cake whoopie pie..
Both things from Reading Terminal Market in Philly...:D
No comments:
Post a Comment