Volkswagen Touareg 2011

Volkswagen Touareg 2011. 2011 Volkswagen Touareg
  • 2011 Volkswagen Touareg



  • firestarter
    Mar 14, 06:21 PM
    What coal-fired power station had the capability of endangering so many people?

    Depends whether you believe in global warming. Should we be looking to expand our nuclear power capability, or revert to burning hydrocarbons?

    James Lovelock described nuclear as 'the only green choice'.





    Volkswagen Touareg 2011. 2011 Volkswagen Touareg 2011
  • 2011 Volkswagen Touareg 2011



  • 100Teraflops
    Apr 5, 05:53 PM
    One off the top of my head is that everything costs money application wise, there is very little freeware.

    Sounds like a personal problem. :D

    If you use keyboard shortcuts a lot - e.g. window switching, copy& paste, start+anything, you may find it different when first using it.

    +1 Good one! Actually, I did not use keyboard shortcuts exclusively until I switched to The Mac, but they are different.





    Volkswagen Touareg 2011. New 2011 Volkswagen Touareg
  • New 2011 Volkswagen Touareg



  • Mord
    Jul 13, 11:00 AM
    the single xeon configs i was refering to were netburst based ones.


    memory:

    a pair of 512 sticks for woodcrest is 200 bucks (FB-dimm 4200)

    a pair of 512 sticks for conroe is about 140 bucks (ddr2 5300)

    thus the 60 buck retail difference translates to about a 35-40 buck difference in bulk apple prices.

    a 2.4GHz conroe costs $316

    a 2.33GHz woodcrest costs $455

    $139 difference, to apple allot less probably about 50 or so due to the huge discounts they will be getting from intel (and don't tell my the bulk 1000 prices are the discounts as they are nearly identical to newegg prices)

    motherboard:

    their are not too many of these about so their is rather a mark up

    350 bucks for woodcrest

    250 bucks for a 975X

    again to apple the difference is allot less about 20 bucks manufacturing, their is a huge mark up mobo's are just printed out. for apple the difference will only be in the chipset and maybe extra ram slots if they made two

    i was a bit off in the cpu price difference, but thats the one part which apple will get for the best price.


    selling SMP rigs with one cpu is commonplace as it gives a low entry price, to make a whole SKU is just silly.


    apple tried the powermac mini as it were and you did not buy it, it was called the g4 cube.





    Volkswagen Touareg 2011. The 2011 Volkswagen Touareg
  • The 2011 Volkswagen Touareg



  • Apple OC
    Apr 24, 12:58 PM
    Why do you think the concept of the afterlife began? Because of fear of death.

    I do not believe it is the fear of death ... I have never met a religious person that spoke of the fear of death ... it is the afterlife that gets them all giddy.





    Volkswagen Touareg 2011. Volkswagen Touareg 2011
  • Volkswagen Touareg 2011



  • Multimedia
    Oct 26, 07:06 PM
    Mac Pro is only true desktop offering from Apple. That's the problem.
    Not that many individuals really want that much power.
    However, they do intensive enough tasks requiring more power that exceeds what iMac can offer. The price and power ratio of iMac is just not enough.

    Apple really needs something between "Pro" and "Consumer".
    If iMac offered the ability to work as monitor, I wouldn't be disappointed by this much.

    This is getting old already, but what I need is a decent Conroe Desktop with around 1500 USD price tag.I could not agree more. Apple has got to be in final stages of deploying a sub $2k Kentsfield desktop for 2007 or they will be missing one hell of a sales opportunity.





    Volkswagen Touareg 2011. Volkswagen Touareg 2011 Hybrid
  • Volkswagen Touareg 2011 Hybrid



  • peharri
    Sep 21, 08:34 AM
    Apple's point is that your computer more or less has that capability (ok with an Elgato dongle), and in any case they don't want to follow that business model. I guess you're not the target audience.

    Only time will tell if anyone buys this.

    I think the focus should be on the business model than the "you can always use a computer". Apple is reinventing TV. If you assume that an iTV user will be downloading pretty much everything they watch, then a DVR just becomes redundant.

    Indeed, I think the lack of a DVR tells us a lot about Apple's thinking. It would certainly help shift boxes in the short term if they made a DVR an option, but in the long term it would essentially mean Apple would be shouting "We're co-existing with cable."

    Of course, at this stage, it's too early to tell. For all we know, iTV will be launched in January (1G iPod 5Gb), and then in April we'll see it replaced with three variants (2G iPods - iPod 10Gb, iPod 15Gb, iPod 20Gb), one with more disk space, one with a DVR, and one that integrates with CableCards. I don't see them doing that, but I'm less certain of that than I am of them not releasing an iPhone.





    Volkswagen Touareg 2011. 2011 Volkswagen Touareg
  • 2011 Volkswagen Touareg



  • Edge100
    Apr 15, 01:14 PM
    A person being raped, is by definition, being forced. A person willfully having sex is not being forced. That scripture is expressing the importance of resiting when possible, while also preventing a willful participant from claiming that they were raped in order to avoid the consequences. What it is not doing is claiming that there are different kinds of rape. You are either raped, or you aren't.

    True Christians know that they are no longer subject to the laws associated with the Davidic covenant. Jesus Christ instituted a new covenant, which does not condone death for any person for any crime. So to directly answer your question, a true Cristian wouldn't support that. A true Christian doesn't hate a gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgendered person. They would respect and love their neighbor regardless of their sexual preference. A Christian doesn't have to agree with their lifestyle choices, but they are in no way permitted to judge or hate someone for those choices.

    What about slavery? Does a "true Christian" support (http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/1pet/2.html#18) slavery (http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/eph/6.html#5)?





    Volkswagen Touareg 2011. 2011 Volkswagen Touareg TDI
  • 2011 Volkswagen Touareg TDI



  • iliketyla
    Apr 22, 04:39 PM
    I didn't know you were still here.

    So all those people telling you that stealing is bad and everything just flew over your head, eh?
    And you post rubbish like... well like your post?

    I don't know much about you, but whatever you do in the future (or maybe now) when people steal stuff from you, I'm sure you would be OK... or is that considered bad because you're not as rich as Kanye?

    Who even are you?





    Volkswagen Touareg 2011. Volkswagen Touareg 2011
  • Volkswagen Touareg 2011



  • mattbatt
    Oct 31, 02:08 PM
    Know your workload. Do you use applications that are multi-core aware? Do you want to run them simultaneously? Do you want to run several applications simultaneously - each doing work at the same time? Leopard is bound to be very multi-core friendly since 4 cores will be the norm when it ships.

    Since you have hung on to the Dual 2GHz model for far past its hayday, I'm thinking you don't need 8 cores. I had a Dual 2GHz G5 back in '04 and got the 2.5 soon as it went refurb early '05. By early '06 I was in a panic with not enough power to do my Multi-Threaded Workload. I was in a cold sweat when I ordered the Quad G5 in early February.

    I found its limit within a few months and have been enthusiastically awaiting these 8-core Dual Clovertown Mac Pros since before the 4-core Mac Pro shipped.

    Since that does not describe you, you may be happy with the 4 core Mac Pro. But if you can afford it and you do Video, 3D work, lots of heavy Photoshop processes and/or want to run a bunch of single core processes simultaneously in the course of a day and/or nights, you would be much better off in the long run with the upcoming 8-core. Figure with RAM it will run you around or above $4k. Does that work for you?

    Oh, and I'm not selling my Quad G5 either. :)

    Yah, I'm in the same boat BUT I still have my dual G5 2.0 from June '03. You must do a lot of intense processing! Mine still runs great, works fine for me (graphic designer by profession, FCP editor + 3D rendering for fun in Strata CX 4.2). Honestly, FCP could be faster, but I think it is mainly because I am not running a raid and I only have 1.5 GB RAM.

    First of all, I think I qualify for some medium to hard data crunching and I can vouch that my dual 2.0 is still a great workhorse. I do plan on waiting for the 8 cores to upgrade so I can be ontop again, (it felt good to have the fastest mac for a while!!!) I also didn't think the Mac Pro was worth the money for me because the PPC software slowdown (for real world tests in CS2, I was running around the same speed). I am also very ready for CS3. I just figure I've waited this long, why not wait a little more . . . though trying to get any $$ for my G5 is going to be hard.

    In the 6 pages of threads I read so far, I honestly can say that the 8 cores are going to be awesome, though I hope they offer a 3Ghz model. Anandtech (http://anandtech.com/mac/showdoc.aspx?i=2832&p=9) showed that even the Quad Mac Pro was beat at daily office crunching by the Intel Core 2 Extreme. Ofcourse for multithread, the quad wins but it does show that Ghz still plays a significant role in overal performance, like we all know.

    One comment about the FSB: the more truly 64 bit we go, especially with leopard, the more taxed the FSB will become (by pulling gobs of memory at 64 bit addresses). We really haven't done this yet, but I heard computers could actually go slower because of this.

    SO, I'm banking on the 8 cores having a faster bus and *wish*wish* being able to support PC graphic cards in crossfire nativly without having to flash the rom . . . you do know, Apple was the first to offer dual graphic cards years ago . . .in a crossfire like fashion? Let's get that back with another 16 lane slot:)





    Volkswagen Touareg 2011. 2011 Volkswagen Touareg
  • 2011 Volkswagen Touareg



  • DeathChill
    Apr 20, 08:32 PM
    Too bad Apple products are few and far between. Want LTE phone? Sorry. Want phone with bigger screen? Sorry. Want computer with USB 3.0 or BluRay? Sorry. I guess you trained yourself not to want anything Steve Jobs does not like. You talk about Apple profits so much, it's likely the more Apple charges you the happier you are.

    Want an LTE phone that can make it through the day? Sorry.





    Volkswagen Touareg 2011. Volkswagen Touareg 2011
  • Volkswagen Touareg 2011



  • acearchie
    Apr 13, 03:25 AM
    I know they are linked on the front page but have a look at the screenshots http://www.loopinsight.com/2011/04/12/first-screenshots-of-final-cut-pro-x/

    It looks good and has installed a bit more faith in me having a look at something more high-res.

    I agree with Lethal, when Apple updates there website (probably closer to release) everyone will get their feature list and calm down! Plus I want to see what more it has to offer!





    Volkswagen Touareg 2011. Volkswagen Touareg 2011
  • Volkswagen Touareg 2011



  • JFreak
    Jul 12, 05:24 AM
    I bet the the Quad G5 will retain their value for awhile.

    Yes, it will. Given that many pro apps are still not Universal, and that many times first ported version is somewhat buggy, the PPC hardware running native PPC software will become very valuable during the next 12ish months.

    Why does it seem that about 105% of Mac-users are Photoshop-users as well (I bet that PhotoShop-users are in fact in the minority)?

    Because 105% of Mac-users have bought Photoshop Elements bundled with a digital camera. 95% of those never bother to upgrade to full version and 82% of those never use the software anyway. Oh, and 67% of statistics are made on spot ;)





    Volkswagen Touareg 2011. Volkswagen Touareg 2011 front
  • Volkswagen Touareg 2011 front



  • tigress666
    Apr 10, 12:25 PM
    Trying to use a finger controlled touch screen as the new answer to everything, and young people thinking this is right, in a way reminds me of being at work.

    No one is saying it is best for everything.

    What I am saying is that while it may not be as good as actual buttons, it is still fun even with the virtual joysticks. And honestly, when we're talking handheld games, you already are compromising ease of control for that portability. I've never had a handheld game system that was as ergonomic as a dedicated controller on a console system.

    You make compromises for that portability (smaller screen, not as powerful hardware, form of the controller is dictated by the fact it has to accommodate a screen). Of the things I listed right there, the hardware is the one most likely that they can maybe stop compromising on but the other stuff is going to get sacrificed for having a small, all in one, handheld system.

    Look, I know what you are saying. I completely agree (I use the same argument why a touchscreen keyboard will not replace an actual physical keyboard. Just cause it is newer tech does not make it better).

    But what some of us are saying is that for the advantages (Some of which really have nothing to do with the touchscreen really, like the cheap prices of games on the iphone), the compromise is worth it. I have played games that I will fully agree buttons would be better. But for the fact that I have these games on my iphone that is with me everywhere and is more portable than any of the handhelds I've seen and are cheaper plus I don't have to take a whole bunch of cartridges to have all my games with me, the compromise is worth it. And the virtual joystick and buttons don't ruin my enjoyment of the game (but I agree buttons would make it better).





    Volkswagen Touareg 2011. 2011 JE Design Volkswagen
  • 2011 JE Design Volkswagen



  • I'mAMac
    Aug 29, 04:01 PM
    Dont you think people can google it for themselves if they feel a need to know?
    sorry for trying to provide easy info...





    Volkswagen Touareg 2011. 2011 Volkswagen Touareg
  • 2011 Volkswagen Touareg



  • DakotaGuy
    Oct 9, 10:00 AM
    Alex ant has made some good points on why Macs are a poor buy. They are so much slower and less stable then PC's these days according to everything I read. I still love my Mac, but since reading these message boards over the past year or so I have became more and more negative about Macs. Mac has lost the MHz war and are becoming slower and slower computers and has also lost out to XP for the best operating system, acording to so many people.

    I am a consumer user, email, internet, MP3's, MS Word, digital camera photos, etc. I do like the iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie programs for what I do, but it sounds like with XP there is no longer any problems doing these things and they come loaded with programs that are just as easy to use. The sad thing as Apple was working on their switching campaign to switch people to Macs I am now considering switching to my first PC, because they have so much more megahertz and XP sounds so easy to use and stable.

    Well I am broke right now so it will be next spring or summer until I buy a new computer, but as Mac has been going backwards on speed and their software is good, but not any better then Microsoft anymore I really should test out a new PC and see how it works for how I use a computer.





    Volkswagen Touareg 2011. 2011 Volkswagen Touareg
  • 2011 Volkswagen Touareg



  • Bregalad
    Aug 29, 12:38 PM
    If there was a standard way to account for the damage being done to the planet it would open a lot of people's eyes. In a major metropolitan area there are tens of thousands of patients admitted to hospitals for air pollution related ailments every year. Those are real costs in both medical expenses and people's health, something else that should have a price attached to it.

    Unfortunately there's no way to punish a corporation for bad practices like you can an individual. Tax a company and they'll attempt to pass the costs onto their customers. Tax them more and they'll file for bankruptcy costing shareholders and the displaced employees a bucket of money. After all the whole purpose of incorporation is to avoid taking responsibility for your actions.





    Volkswagen Touareg 2011. Volkswagen Touareg 2011 SUV
  • Volkswagen Touareg 2011 SUV



  • AidenShaw
    Jul 12, 11:22 PM
    SW engineers usually optimize their systems with expectations of the environment they will run in. Pro-level applications often run much better in systems that use SMP, but not all. Sometimes it is better to pipeline a few processes at high speed, rather than do a lot of task swapping. Most of Apples core customer's application seem to benefit from SMP. So, that is what they are going to expect from Pro-level hardware.
    Please don't confuse SMP with multi-socket. You must have an SMP (or even an ASMP) operating system to use any computer with more than one core.

    It doesn't matter if the two cores are in one socket or two - both require SMP in order to manage the cores.

    Saying that a dual-socket system is "SMP" and a single-socket dual-core system is "not SMP" shows that you don't quite understand the computer technology required to do multi-processing.





    Volkswagen Touareg 2011. 2011 Volkswagen Touareg Hybrid
  • 2011 Volkswagen Touareg Hybrid



  • acslater017
    Apr 15, 10:50 AM
    I have a couple problems with this approach. There's so much attention brought to this issue of specifically gay bullying that it's hard to see this outside of the framework of identity politics.

    Where's the videos and support for fat kids being bullied? Aren't they suicidal, too, or are we saying here that gays have a particular emotional defect and weakness? They're not strong enough to tough this out? Is that the image the gay community wants to promote?

    Man, being a fat kid in high school. That was rough. There were a number of cool, popular gay guys in my school. I'm sure they took some crap from some people, but oh how I would have rather been one of them! But hey, I'm still here, I'm still alive.

    Bullying is a universal problem that affects just about anyone with some kind of difference others choose to pick on. It seems like everyone is just ignoring all that for this hip, trendy cause.

    There's nothing wrong with focusing on a particular issue. The Japan tsunami is not the only suffering going on in the world, but people raise money and raise awareness about it cuz it wouldn't make sense to rally around "fix everything".





    Volkswagen Touareg 2011. VW Volkswagen Touareg hybrid
  • VW Volkswagen Touareg hybrid



  • DMann
    Sep 26, 01:11 AM
    8 cores ought to be enough for anybody. true, what would you do with extra cores? simply overkill.

    Eight cores, with hyper threading active would dramatically reduce
    rendering times, making production a whole lot faster and
    more efficient. This is truly something to be psyched about!





    KnightWRX
    Apr 9, 06:32 AM
    This comes at the same time that the Guardian reports that a Admob survey shows interesting results as far as tablet use :

    Research finds that 84% of tablet owners are playing games (http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/appsblog/2011/apr/08/tablets-mainly-for-games-survey)

    Was Steve wrong about tablets afterall ? They aren't the cars while the laptops/desktops are the trucks, tablets are the ATVs and motorcycle and laptops/desktops remain entrenched as the daily commuters...

    Is the tablet replacing the traditional portable gaming system like the Nintendo DS, PSP more than it is the PC ?





    r1ch4rd
    Apr 23, 03:46 PM
    I've concluded American Atheists who are continually challenged on their beliefs and "surrounded by enemies" are more likely to read into atheism and all it entails, rather like a convert to a religion knows the religion better than people who were born into it. Europe is very secular, compared to the US at least, and thus a lot of people are "born into" atheism/secularism.

    Well now, I don't think being an atheist actually entails anything. I certainly don't do anything specific related to it, but I know what you mean :).

    I think this is a positive thing that people can be pushed towards science and understanding - even if it is because they are having to constantly defend themselves!

    Who knows, perhaps they will find something they are passionate about and push forward science even further. Religious groups don't come accross as particularly progressive, so I guess it's up to "us" ;)





    Bill McEnaney
    Mar 27, 02:17 PM
    Sometimes it's the homo that's the problem.
    Sorry, I don't understand that sentence.





    ~Shard~
    Oct 26, 09:25 AM
    Great news! Let's hope it's true, as it would be nice to see Apple forge forward with frequent updates in this manner as they have already done to an extent. The days of waiting months for a 100 MHz PPC speed bump are long gone! :D





    GGJstudios
    May 4, 10:33 AM
    Did you read about this solution on Apple web site? Not everybody reads MacRumors.
    If you Google "Mac Defender" you'll run across any number of sites that will tell you the same thing: Don't install it and remove it from your system. You don't need to be a MR forums reader to find that out. After all, the information about the threat didn't originate from this site, and neither did the solution.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment