maniac
08-07 03:08 PM
Make sure you take landing papers to US embassy with you to prove that you entered Canada legally. There should not be any problems.
vvpandya
11-06 05:46 PM
I had a LUD on 10/18 and then today the online status says Document mailed to applicant..recvd date at nebraska is 7/2 and recpt date is 9/11
misfortune13
03-16 08:49 PM
I love joining to this forum
ragz4u
03-06 12:46 PM
i contacted Senator dewine, urging him to back the PACE act
here is the reply i got
keep ur fingers crossed:)
Dear xxxxxx
Thank you for contacting me regarding illegal immigration. I agree
that
illegal immigration is a very serious problem and appreciate knowing
your
views.
Currently, there are approximately 11 million undocumented immigrants
in
the United States, with close to 1 million more arriving every year.
Yet,
our current immigration system is broken. It is a system that is not
good
for American security, particularly during our fight to combat
international terrorism. It is not good for American workers and
businesses. And, it is not good for the immigrants, themselves.
To tackle this problem, we must have a comprehensive immigration plan
that
toughens our borders, documents illegal immigrants, and provides for
American labor needs. The Senate Judiciary Committee, of which I am a
member, is set to take up immigration reform soon. In fact, several
immigration bills are currently pending before the Committee, including
a
border protection bill passed by the House of Representatives in
December
2005. As the Judiciary and the full Senate debate immigration reform,
I
will be certain to keep your views in mind.
Again, thank you for contacting me. If you have any additional
concerns,
please feel free to contact me anytime.
Very respectfully yours,
MIKE DeWINE
United States Senator
RMD/bf
Disclaimer: The email account that this message originated from does
not
accept inbound messages, therefore please send all electronic
correspondence through our webform located at:
http://dewine.senate.gov.
This proves that the faxes sent via the webfax features are actually reaching the senators. I received a reply from Senator Specter's office too.
As far as the content of the replies goes, this proves again that to a lot of lawmakers, immigration = ILLEGAL immigration. It is upto us to educate them of our plight too.
Wam4Wam, can you call up your senator's office and speak to the immigration liaision? Explain to him that when you sent the fax to them, you had asked for considering pro immigrant legislation for legal immigrants.
You can ask the liaision for a meeting too. We have all the necessary resources you need for such a meeting on our resources website. The CA team has been successfully using these resources. And please update this thread too so that others may learn from you
here is the reply i got
keep ur fingers crossed:)
Dear xxxxxx
Thank you for contacting me regarding illegal immigration. I agree
that
illegal immigration is a very serious problem and appreciate knowing
your
views.
Currently, there are approximately 11 million undocumented immigrants
in
the United States, with close to 1 million more arriving every year.
Yet,
our current immigration system is broken. It is a system that is not
good
for American security, particularly during our fight to combat
international terrorism. It is not good for American workers and
businesses. And, it is not good for the immigrants, themselves.
To tackle this problem, we must have a comprehensive immigration plan
that
toughens our borders, documents illegal immigrants, and provides for
American labor needs. The Senate Judiciary Committee, of which I am a
member, is set to take up immigration reform soon. In fact, several
immigration bills are currently pending before the Committee, including
a
border protection bill passed by the House of Representatives in
December
2005. As the Judiciary and the full Senate debate immigration reform,
I
will be certain to keep your views in mind.
Again, thank you for contacting me. If you have any additional
concerns,
please feel free to contact me anytime.
Very respectfully yours,
MIKE DeWINE
United States Senator
RMD/bf
Disclaimer: The email account that this message originated from does
not
accept inbound messages, therefore please send all electronic
correspondence through our webform located at:
http://dewine.senate.gov.
This proves that the faxes sent via the webfax features are actually reaching the senators. I received a reply from Senator Specter's office too.
As far as the content of the replies goes, this proves again that to a lot of lawmakers, immigration = ILLEGAL immigration. It is upto us to educate them of our plight too.
Wam4Wam, can you call up your senator's office and speak to the immigration liaision? Explain to him that when you sent the fax to them, you had asked for considering pro immigrant legislation for legal immigrants.
You can ask the liaision for a meeting too. We have all the necessary resources you need for such a meeting on our resources website. The CA team has been successfully using these resources. And please update this thread too so that others may learn from you
more...
syedajmal
08-14 03:03 PM
I e-filed both my EAD and AP. My EAD has been approved while I just recieved an RFE for Photos for AP. I was under the same assumption and did not send in the photos earlier. I did send it now with the RFE.
My 2 cents, When they ask for something give it to them. I mean if they need to take fingerprints every year with EAD, this is much less stupid.
My 2 cents, When they ask for something give it to them. I mean if they need to take fingerprints every year with EAD, this is much less stupid.
desi3933
02-23 03:20 PM
.....
QUESTION 1: Can my wife extend her H1-B (beyond 6th year) based on her pending I-485?
........
No.
Question: When I am at the port of entry, I will have my old H1-B valid for 2 more months and also the visa stamp valid for 2 more months, but a new H1-B I-797 is already approved. Will this cause a problem?
Refer to my previous post on this thread.
_________________
Not a legal advice
QUESTION 1: Can my wife extend her H1-B (beyond 6th year) based on her pending I-485?
........
No.
Question: When I am at the port of entry, I will have my old H1-B valid for 2 more months and also the visa stamp valid for 2 more months, but a new H1-B I-797 is already approved. Will this cause a problem?
Refer to my previous post on this thread.
_________________
Not a legal advice
more...
rsayed
08-20 09:16 PM
only word for this is RIDICULOUS.....
Pathetic - Back in India (and the Indian Consulates here in the US) - they play with our paper-work - right from when I remember - it's been one story after another...it's really frustrating.
By the time we finally get our GCs', the drive, focus and amibition - all of it will be gone...
Pathetic - Back in India (and the Indian Consulates here in the US) - they play with our paper-work - right from when I remember - it's been one story after another...it's really frustrating.
By the time we finally get our GCs', the drive, focus and amibition - all of it will be gone...
jonty_11
07-17 06:25 PM
thisis actual USCIS RELEASE
now its official from USCIS
http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrele...ate17Jul07.pdf
now its official from USCIS
http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrele...ate17Jul07.pdf
more...
ndswaiting
05-01 06:15 PM
I have been a silent follower of IV for more than a year but this is my first post so be kind :)
I am a full time employee. My 140 was approved in Jan 2008 and I am one of those who missed the July'07 fiasco (as you can see from my PD :().
I am being given an opportunity to join another team in my company. I do not want to impact the GC process but do not want to let go of this opportunity.
The other team is ready to replicate my roles and responsibilities as per my PERM and give me a similar title. My company lawyer believes that this would be the best approach and would not hamper my existing PERM and I140 and I would not have to restart my GC process.
I am reaching out to the collective knowledge base of the IV community for their insights/inputs/comments and red flags to watch out for.
Thanks in advance :)
I am a full time employee. My 140 was approved in Jan 2008 and I am one of those who missed the July'07 fiasco (as you can see from my PD :().
I am being given an opportunity to join another team in my company. I do not want to impact the GC process but do not want to let go of this opportunity.
The other team is ready to replicate my roles and responsibilities as per my PERM and give me a similar title. My company lawyer believes that this would be the best approach and would not hamper my existing PERM and I140 and I would not have to restart my GC process.
I am reaching out to the collective knowledge base of the IV community for their insights/inputs/comments and red flags to watch out for.
Thanks in advance :)
swo
08-03 08:04 PM
I forgot my password, and security question’s answer.
Hmm...and let me guess. You're applying to immigrate as a highly skilled IT specialist? :D
Hmm...and let me guess. You're applying to immigrate as a highly skilled IT specialist? :D
more...

mgos
07-21 10:10 AM
Legislatively, is there a way the bill can be revived? If so, can we involve the democrats by lobbying through the south asian/indian caucas?
nikh
11-14 03:13 PM
Did you get automatic email update. or you just checked by log in to USCIS portfolio.
I saw two lud on my i-485(yesterday and today) What does that mean?
I have completed my biometrics, received EAD and approval notice for AP has been sent.
Can somebody clarify on this please??
I saw two lud on my i-485(yesterday and today) What does that mean?
I have completed my biometrics, received EAD and approval notice for AP has been sent.
Can somebody clarify on this please??
more...
bugsbunny
05-20 03:44 PM
What exactly does "OP" stand for?
Original Poster or something similar :p
Original Poster or something similar :p
Rinsha
04-03 11:33 PM
Works just fine for me
I'm on a Mac, perhaps that's why I can't see it. It's very strange though. I used to be able to load the DOS site without any problem.
I'm on a Mac, perhaps that's why I can't see it. It's very strange though. I used to be able to load the DOS site without any problem.
more...
smodekurti
05-20 07:51 AM
How early did you file your application ?
ashishgour
04-30 04:09 PM
Not yet..he has been questioned abt illegals..but is also talking about highly skilled immigrants...
more...
ghost
07-19 02:19 PM
Ok , just got off the phone with my lawyer.He says we can not file a I485 because the priority date is not current. EB3 is showing 01OCT01 and we can only file that form the bulletin is showing April2002. He says we are not eligible for that...
So now you are getting a feel of the whole mess we all are into. Welcome to the club!
Anyways, from all your posts I gather that your wife's GC application is in EB3 category with a Priority Date (PD) of April 2002.
You've never mentioned your country of citizenship but as of July 2006, the PD is not current for any one. Check out the bulletin at: http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1770.html
Click on July 2006 and scroll all the way to the section of "Employment Based" Table. The first column (employment based) of this table lists categories. Yours, EB3, is 3rd. Now, depending on your country of citizenship you can check the available PD. Department of State updates this web page every month but because of current retrogression problem there is not a lot of movement for EB3 PD's.
You have other options like changing your employer and porting your PD to the new employer. Search in the forums for "Porting Priority Date" for more information. You should talk to your lawyer about this possibility.
Good Luck!
So now you are getting a feel of the whole mess we all are into. Welcome to the club!
Anyways, from all your posts I gather that your wife's GC application is in EB3 category with a Priority Date (PD) of April 2002.
You've never mentioned your country of citizenship but as of July 2006, the PD is not current for any one. Check out the bulletin at: http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1770.html
Click on July 2006 and scroll all the way to the section of "Employment Based" Table. The first column (employment based) of this table lists categories. Yours, EB3, is 3rd. Now, depending on your country of citizenship you can check the available PD. Department of State updates this web page every month but because of current retrogression problem there is not a lot of movement for EB3 PD's.
You have other options like changing your employer and porting your PD to the new employer. Search in the forums for "Porting Priority Date" for more information. You should talk to your lawyer about this possibility.
Good Luck!
vjkypally
01-24 12:30 PM
I just checked with my Lawyer. I am a July 2 receipt guy and my 180 days got over. Currently my wife moved from her H1B(not stamped yet, she moved from H4 to H1) to EAD and I am still on H1B.
My lawyer says if I am on H1B and she is on EAD it will create issues when our EAD goes for renewal. She claims I also should change my status now to EAD. I thought staying on H1B was safe and now I get this response. I told her so many people I know have done the same thing and she is asking if I will jump into the well like others:))).
Please advise
My lawyer says if I am on H1B and she is on EAD it will create issues when our EAD goes for renewal. She claims I also should change my status now to EAD. I thought staying on H1B was safe and now I get this response. I told her so many people I know have done the same thing and she is asking if I will jump into the well like others:))).
Please advise
JunRN
08-18 01:28 PM
Speculation is always part of one's life. We want to know our future options, that's why we speculate. Some speculations are deduction from facts and some are just inference. We cannot avoid speculating. What we can do is trying to know which speculation is nearer to the truth and which ones are not.
isedkeem
12-04 03:53 PM
Somebody needs to look at the issue of mismatch between increased H1-Bs and visa numbers for greencards. Otherwise the current green card backlog for some EB countries will only widen leading to untold suffering for people from many countries. Maybe they should have a new visa similar to H1 but which does not allow the holder to apply for a green card. The better solution is of course recapture of visa numbers. Simply increasing the H1-B quota will be quite detrimental.
naveenarjun
09-08 10:45 AM
Has anyone applied FAFSA or Stafford loan with Parolee status ? , I am planning to apply for my online degree. I have H1B ,but using AP to reenter.
I had applied for my wife when on parolee status.I guess you would have to been paroled for atleast a year before you can apply.
I had applied for my wife when on parolee status.I guess you would have to been paroled for atleast a year before you can apply.
No comments:
Post a Comment