sin94
03-08 08:50 PM
Sorry folks did not get to update this discussion as things have dramatically changed in past couple of months
On January 15th the online status Changed to "Approval Notice sent", :D We waited a week and my company and lawyers received each a copy of the approval notices.
No idea what was the catalyst behind the U-turn from the USCIS (please note we still have not received the RFE response from USCIS) weather it was the Lawyers letters,1-800 calls, infopass visit or AILA intervention.
Call it the luck / divine intervention I am so lucky this step being cleared now just have to wait for the final 485 stage to clear
I just hope others do not go through the same harrowing story as mine.
That said USCIS was and is a big black hole :mad:, any information requested is swallowed and no response will be provided, just hope for the best and be patient
On January 15th the online status Changed to "Approval Notice sent", :D We waited a week and my company and lawyers received each a copy of the approval notices.
No idea what was the catalyst behind the U-turn from the USCIS (please note we still have not received the RFE response from USCIS) weather it was the Lawyers letters,1-800 calls, infopass visit or AILA intervention.
Call it the luck / divine intervention I am so lucky this step being cleared now just have to wait for the final 485 stage to clear
I just hope others do not go through the same harrowing story as mine.
That said USCIS was and is a big black hole :mad:, any information requested is swallowed and no response will be provided, just hope for the best and be patient
wandmaker
08-11 01:47 AM
Thanks for this info.
Well,I was given Green Form 221 g from NEw Delhi Consulate wherein they asked me to submit: Unemplotment Wage reports, Project description, Notarised list of Employee and W2.
With regards to my personal info, they okayed it with my MBA degree and over 12 years experience behind.:cool:
BTW, this is my first attempt in getting H1B Visa and I have B1/B2 Visa for10 yrs as also visited USA twice and came back within a fortnight.
My background check is okay.
The problem is with the Employer!!
(1) Unemployment Wage Report: All employers who are liable for unemployment insurance (UI) must file a tax and wage report for each quarter they are in business. Active employers should receive a printed report by mail during the last week of each quarter. The report must be filed by the due date. Employers must report all wages paid to employees. Consulate will be in a position to determine the stablity of the employer based on quarterly reports, which will give detailed insight about how company is doing.
(2) Project Description: Consulate is interested in what you will be doing with the company once you land the USA. This is a free form letter issued in a company letter head addressing to Consulate (Delhi in your case).
(3) Notarised list of Employee: Consulate can verify whether the number of employees mentioned in your document is same or higher; this can be tied to (1).
(4) W2: Consulate will require annual tax return filed by employer to see how the company has performed in the last year and current state can be determined by (1)
In my opinion, (1) , (2) and (4) is mandatory and (3) information can be obtained from (1) - without which your visa will not be issued.
If your employer is not co-operative then I suggest you start looking for new employer.
Well,I was given Green Form 221 g from NEw Delhi Consulate wherein they asked me to submit: Unemplotment Wage reports, Project description, Notarised list of Employee and W2.
With regards to my personal info, they okayed it with my MBA degree and over 12 years experience behind.:cool:
BTW, this is my first attempt in getting H1B Visa and I have B1/B2 Visa for10 yrs as also visited USA twice and came back within a fortnight.
My background check is okay.
The problem is with the Employer!!
(1) Unemployment Wage Report: All employers who are liable for unemployment insurance (UI) must file a tax and wage report for each quarter they are in business. Active employers should receive a printed report by mail during the last week of each quarter. The report must be filed by the due date. Employers must report all wages paid to employees. Consulate will be in a position to determine the stablity of the employer based on quarterly reports, which will give detailed insight about how company is doing.
(2) Project Description: Consulate is interested in what you will be doing with the company once you land the USA. This is a free form letter issued in a company letter head addressing to Consulate (Delhi in your case).
(3) Notarised list of Employee: Consulate can verify whether the number of employees mentioned in your document is same or higher; this can be tied to (1).
(4) W2: Consulate will require annual tax return filed by employer to see how the company has performed in the last year and current state can be determined by (1)
In my opinion, (1) , (2) and (4) is mandatory and (3) information can be obtained from (1) - without which your visa will not be issued.
If your employer is not co-operative then I suggest you start looking for new employer.
seekinggc
07-16 04:59 PM
Hi to all in this morass called Immigration to the USA,
#1 I've got a suggestion : IF there is some way we can get through to someone intelligent (duh !) at the IT department of the USCIS, would that be of some help to check up on what's happening with the cases ?
#2 My lawyer filed an I-140 in June of 2006 with a PERM labor of PD Dec '05. He filed it with a "copy" of the labor and case is still pending. In May he filed some paperwork with the USCIS about my case so that they (USCIS) would request a duplicate of the "original labor" from USDOL. All this sounds very complicated. I would like to know the experience of other people in a similar situation and what needs to be done to expedite this process ? My I-140 has been pending for more than a year .....
Thanks !
Hey,
My I-140 was filed in June 2006. It was based on the LC Substitution from the same company..but filed with the copy of the LC. It has been still pending for more than a year with TSC. Last inquired with USCIS in Jan 07, USCIS came back to us and said it requires an additional review. But the LUD remain the same as June 2006.
My lawyer said she will another inquiry with USCIS in August 2007 as 6 months waiting period will be over from last inquiry....
#1 I've got a suggestion : IF there is some way we can get through to someone intelligent (duh !) at the IT department of the USCIS, would that be of some help to check up on what's happening with the cases ?
#2 My lawyer filed an I-140 in June of 2006 with a PERM labor of PD Dec '05. He filed it with a "copy" of the labor and case is still pending. In May he filed some paperwork with the USCIS about my case so that they (USCIS) would request a duplicate of the "original labor" from USDOL. All this sounds very complicated. I would like to know the experience of other people in a similar situation and what needs to be done to expedite this process ? My I-140 has been pending for more than a year .....
Thanks !
Hey,
My I-140 was filed in June 2006. It was based on the LC Substitution from the same company..but filed with the copy of the LC. It has been still pending for more than a year with TSC. Last inquired with USCIS in Jan 07, USCIS came back to us and said it requires an additional review. But the LUD remain the same as June 2006.
My lawyer said she will another inquiry with USCIS in August 2007 as 6 months waiting period will be over from last inquiry....
hopesoon
09-02 12:39 PM
I am EB3 (Aug 07) because of my lawyer�s mistake; but in June they asked for further medical testing, it can be a good sign they are looking into EB3.
more...
dreamgc_real
04-30 08:32 AM
Obama did say that there might not be an appetite for it currently.......... However, making the bill a delicacy might bring back the appetite :D just kidding.....
Seriously, if other states follow Arizona, it becomes a pressing issue and whether Obama or Congress has the appetite or not, they have to learn to deal with it. Can't let the Arizona law go viral.
One of the biggest complaint that AZ is making is that the federal government is not addressing the border problem.........well, the federal govt has to wake up and start addressing immigration reform on the whole .......... as so many sections of the immigration system is broken.
In conclusion, the mood and environment sets the stage. We have one. Got to take advantage of it.
Seriously, if other states follow Arizona, it becomes a pressing issue and whether Obama or Congress has the appetite or not, they have to learn to deal with it. Can't let the Arizona law go viral.
One of the biggest complaint that AZ is making is that the federal government is not addressing the border problem.........well, the federal govt has to wake up and start addressing immigration reform on the whole .......... as so many sections of the immigration system is broken.
In conclusion, the mood and environment sets the stage. We have one. Got to take advantage of it.
snathan
02-23 06:53 PM
I successfully ported from EB3 to EB2 in the same company while on EAD
Now i am working on the new Eb2 position using the EAD obtained from the EB3 position. I have still not filed my Eb2 485 since dates are not current (priority date jan 2007)
The new Eb2 job description was similiar to Eb3 but the difference was that now it required masters degree and 1 year experience. This is becasue of more resposnitlity and supervisory role in the eb2 position. Also natural progression...
I qualified for the Eb2 position without using the Experience gained in the existing company. I had masters and previous experience which was used for qualification....
Also the older Eb3 position does not exist as it was modified to the new Eb2 position as the role now required more complexity...
Sharing my experience and wondering if everything is ok with my current situation? I do not have a h1b. I still work on EAd obtained from the Eb3 app and travel on AP and have not had any issues yet....
Porting is not walk in the park anymore. USCIS is scrutizing everything...you should be ok as long as everything is documented properly. Keep us posted.
Now i am working on the new Eb2 position using the EAD obtained from the EB3 position. I have still not filed my Eb2 485 since dates are not current (priority date jan 2007)
The new Eb2 job description was similiar to Eb3 but the difference was that now it required masters degree and 1 year experience. This is becasue of more resposnitlity and supervisory role in the eb2 position. Also natural progression...
I qualified for the Eb2 position without using the Experience gained in the existing company. I had masters and previous experience which was used for qualification....
Also the older Eb3 position does not exist as it was modified to the new Eb2 position as the role now required more complexity...
Sharing my experience and wondering if everything is ok with my current situation? I do not have a h1b. I still work on EAd obtained from the Eb3 app and travel on AP and have not had any issues yet....
Porting is not walk in the park anymore. USCIS is scrutizing everything...you should be ok as long as everything is documented properly. Keep us posted.
more...
mrajatish
03-24 04:35 PM
Friends,
In your opinion, if we were to choose among the many amendments people are proposing to improve the pending immigration billsm what will you choose?
My choice is
1. Either remove country quota
or
2. Re-instate soft quota.
Other choices could include
1. Filing of 485 with pri dates
2. H1b extension by 3 yrs with pending labor
3. Including MBA under stem
One request - please think of the broader implications of your choice and not your case. E.g, my wife has 140 pending approval and 485 will help me immensely but I would rather have the GC than EAD, so that is why I chose country quota removal. It unfairly victimizes an individual for his/he country of birth.
In your opinion, if we were to choose among the many amendments people are proposing to improve the pending immigration billsm what will you choose?
My choice is
1. Either remove country quota
or
2. Re-instate soft quota.
Other choices could include
1. Filing of 485 with pri dates
2. H1b extension by 3 yrs with pending labor
3. Including MBA under stem
One request - please think of the broader implications of your choice and not your case. E.g, my wife has 140 pending approval and 485 will help me immensely but I would rather have the GC than EAD, so that is why I chose country quota removal. It unfairly victimizes an individual for his/he country of birth.
GoneSouth
08-20 01:25 PM
I would just wait out the 6 months for AC21 to kick in, then go to work for a reputable company. There's no need to sign on with a dicey consulting shop once you've got your EAD and AC21 is in play.
Also, I believe the AC21 "same or similar job" constraint is more flexible than you're thinking. As long as you stay within the same o*net category (e.g., programmer or systems analyst or whatever), you should be fine. USCIS doesn't care whether you're a java programmer or a .net programmer. (But I am not a lawyer, you may want to clear any potential new job with a qualified attorney).
Also, I believe the AC21 "same or similar job" constraint is more flexible than you're thinking. As long as you stay within the same o*net category (e.g., programmer or systems analyst or whatever), you should be fine. USCIS doesn't care whether you're a java programmer or a .net programmer. (But I am not a lawyer, you may want to clear any potential new job with a qualified attorney).
more...
s416504
08-13 02:29 PM
Thanks for Prompt reply.
My application got delivered at 11:31 & Received by B GERKENSMEYER.
Do u think I shoould file again using Lawyer before Aug 17?
My application got delivered at 11:31 & Received by B GERKENSMEYER.
Do u think I shoould file again using Lawyer before Aug 17?
sanju
06-07 07:35 AM
I am not really sure about the chances of such bills passing. Having an upper limit of 20k per year, similar to the quota for Master's in H1-B, might have relatively better chances of passing. Otherwise, all the anti-immigrant nuts from alipac and numbersusa will derail everything even before anything hits the discussion level...
btw, i read that the alipac founder was called lots of names in a NC newspaper...(details on their web-site)..that sounded like sweet nectar to me...he deserves all of it and more....the way he and all his honchos in their forum ban and bully everyone (not just illegal, but legal would-be immigrants)...just desserts!!!
Nobody knows this obsure group called USELESS ali pac. This group has no influence and it is totally inconsequential. That Green guy is a total jerk and no one cares what he says. We guys pay too much attention to this useless group. On the contrary NumbersUSA is an influencial group and they have paid lobbyist. These type of groups may have some communication between them but they are different groups. I think we should stop advertising/naming this ali group.
btw, i read that the alipac founder was called lots of names in a NC newspaper...(details on their web-site)..that sounded like sweet nectar to me...he deserves all of it and more....the way he and all his honchos in their forum ban and bully everyone (not just illegal, but legal would-be immigrants)...just desserts!!!
Nobody knows this obsure group called USELESS ali pac. This group has no influence and it is totally inconsequential. That Green guy is a total jerk and no one cares what he says. We guys pay too much attention to this useless group. On the contrary NumbersUSA is an influencial group and they have paid lobbyist. These type of groups may have some communication between them but they are different groups. I think we should stop advertising/naming this ali group.
more...

Nagireddi
03-16 12:09 PM
You can try Mr.James Eiss. I am very happy with him. His web address is www.usvisahelp.com Good luck.
hibworker
03-15 01:16 PM
EB3-I, PD Nov 2002, 485 filed 2004. Have EAD and also have approved H1 (year 9 -12), but not stamped on passport. With about 7000 people ahead of me, wait time for my GC is estimated to be 2-3 years.
Have been with employer who filed GC for over 10 years now. There is a job opportunity with another employer, but the job description may be different from what was filed on my original GC. Pay will be similar, but travel will substantially reduced, allowing me to be home more.
What should I be careful of if pursuing this new opportunity? Is there anything I should be asking the new employer for related to the job description filing? Should I be asking them to file H1 transfer or use my EAD? Should I ask them to file EB2-I and port my PD over?
Thanks - just want to make sure I am not jeopardizing my 10 year wait for this opportunity.
1. Make sure that your new company's HR and lawyer are comfortable in supporting the fact that new job is same or similar to old job. It is a grey area and you can be the best judge on it.
2. When you join the new employer ask their attorney to send AC-21 letter to USCIS indicating that you have moved to a same or similar job based on AC-21 porting.
3. Filing for H1 or EAD is a personal choice - as far as GC processing goes I don't see a difference in using either.
4. If they are willing and and the position qualifies you to file EB-2 and port PD- sure go ahead.
Have been with employer who filed GC for over 10 years now. There is a job opportunity with another employer, but the job description may be different from what was filed on my original GC. Pay will be similar, but travel will substantially reduced, allowing me to be home more.
What should I be careful of if pursuing this new opportunity? Is there anything I should be asking the new employer for related to the job description filing? Should I be asking them to file H1 transfer or use my EAD? Should I ask them to file EB2-I and port my PD over?
Thanks - just want to make sure I am not jeopardizing my 10 year wait for this opportunity.
1. Make sure that your new company's HR and lawyer are comfortable in supporting the fact that new job is same or similar to old job. It is a grey area and you can be the best judge on it.
2. When you join the new employer ask their attorney to send AC-21 letter to USCIS indicating that you have moved to a same or similar job based on AC-21 porting.
3. Filing for H1 or EAD is a personal choice - as far as GC processing goes I don't see a difference in using either.
4. If they are willing and and the position qualifies you to file EB-2 and port PD- sure go ahead.
more...
feedfront
10-16 03:03 PM
I used AP first time to enter. I had to go thru 2nd inspection where I was instructed to sit and after 15-20 mins, I got my AP back with stamped. I had applied for H1B visa also in India and it got stuck into 'administrative processing'. After extending my stay by 1 week, my employer/attorney suggested to use AP to enter. I did not had any issue @SFO POE even though my visa application is still under 'administrative processing'.
langagadu
05-06 12:19 PM
Quetions to Gurus. I did read in so many forums since long time but did not get a clear understanding around salary.
1) What is the meaning of "There should not be very huge variance in income levels."
Does it mean while moving from one job to another (1 time)?
2) What if the GC is filed 8 years ago and the person is still waiting but got an average of
10% hike every year. Is that a problem?
1. A letter from your employer with same or similar job description and title ( check the equivalency list)
2. Make sure your income is along the lines which is defined in the LCA. There should not be very huge variance in income levels.
- cheers
kris
1) What is the meaning of "There should not be very huge variance in income levels."
Does it mean while moving from one job to another (1 time)?
2) What if the GC is filed 8 years ago and the person is still waiting but got an average of
10% hike every year. Is that a problem?
1. A letter from your employer with same or similar job description and title ( check the equivalency list)
2. Make sure your income is along the lines which is defined in the LCA. There should not be very huge variance in income levels.
- cheers
kris
more...
ilikekilo
03-26 02:45 PM
Is delivery confirmation possible for PO Box addresses?
it should be...there should be a system in place for the same...i wouldnt worry too much abt it..
and in the past I did send with del. conf..
it should be...there should be a system in place for the same...i wouldnt worry too much abt it..
and in the past I did send with del. conf..
beppenyc
04-26 05:33 PM
He will not vote for the same bill, but it`s clear that the next senate bill will be completely different from the past one.
more...

vban2007
06-07 03:16 PM
I had sent my 485 app to Nebraska. However, the receipt number starts with WAC.
Should I send the EAD renewal to NSC or CSC??
Please let me know.
PLS LOOK AT THIS...
I M IN TH SAME BOAT CONFUSED...
http://www.greatermiami.com/do_business/doing_business_internationally/immigration/forms/Guidefull.pdf
Should I send the EAD renewal to NSC or CSC??
Please let me know.
PLS LOOK AT THIS...
I M IN TH SAME BOAT CONFUSED...
http://www.greatermiami.com/do_business/doing_business_internationally/immigration/forms/Guidefull.pdf
paddy.
02-04 05:38 PM
I don't think your design skills are quite good enough yet to be starting a studio. No offense but I think you'd be better off with a bit more practice before you step out in to the world of the design industry.
ski_dude12
07-13 08:08 PM
You are welcome to live your life in fear of USCIS by all means. I am not interested in being a slave like you. I hope you enjoy your slavery till it lasts.
And btw, I really give two hoots to your source. I have read your other posts and frankly this post of yours does not surprise me. I value my sleep much more.
And btw, I really give two hoots to your source. I have read your other posts and frankly this post of yours does not surprise me. I value my sleep much more.
ksrk
03-04 04:42 PM
Congratulations moclutch! Sure sounds like one heck of a journey. And like you said, misery does love company - or at least eases a bit.
Congrats again - time to celebrate! :) And good luck moving forward...
I received my card production ordered email today. All thanks God for making all this possible. I came to the US in Jan 1995 on F1 to begin my undergrad, switched to H1 in 1998, had a GC PD of 2002, and now 14 years and a countless visa's later, I was greened today.
I would not have made it through this journey without the expert advice on this forum to all the questions I asked - and just seeing everyone's contributions whether +ve or -ve to remind me that I am not in this thing alone.
For those that are still on the journey - just hang in there and your time surely will come!
Congrats again - time to celebrate! :) And good luck moving forward...
I received my card production ordered email today. All thanks God for making all this possible. I came to the US in Jan 1995 on F1 to begin my undergrad, switched to H1 in 1998, had a GC PD of 2002, and now 14 years and a countless visa's later, I was greened today.
I would not have made it through this journey without the expert advice on this forum to all the questions I asked - and just seeing everyone's contributions whether +ve or -ve to remind me that I am not in this thing alone.
For those that are still on the journey - just hang in there and your time surely will come!
beppenyc
04-26 05:33 PM
He will not vote for the same bill, but it`s clear that the next senate bill will be completely different from the past one.
No comments:
Post a Comment