gk_2000
01-29 08:47 AM
Obama's point was direct. "Others come here from abroad to study in our colleges and universities. But as soon as they obtain advanced degrees, we send them back home to compete against us. It makes no sense."
He needs to get his basics right first. What does he mean that they send them back home to compete against US? 99.99% of them apply for H1Bs in the 20K reserved for students and if that quota gets used up, they even are allowed to get into the regular pool of 65%. With minimal knowledge, Mr. Prez is making big comments...More like a joke :D
You have to remember, he is talking about the present POLICIES, and what your F1 visa expects from you. Not what people may manage to do (by hook and sometimes by crook)
He needs to get his basics right first. What does he mean that they send them back home to compete against US? 99.99% of them apply for H1Bs in the 20K reserved for students and if that quota gets used up, they even are allowed to get into the regular pool of 65%. With minimal knowledge, Mr. Prez is making big comments...More like a joke :D
You have to remember, he is talking about the present POLICIES, and what your F1 visa expects from you. Not what people may manage to do (by hook and sometimes by crook)
wallpaper Chi Town Mods vs Rockers
satyachowdary
06-02 08:24 AM
Hi Edison99,
I requested for interfiling by sending an email to ebupdate.tsc@dhs.gov.
Regards,
Satya
I requested for interfiling by sending an email to ebupdate.tsc@dhs.gov.
Regards,
Satya
jsb
12-31 11:31 AM
Once again Thanks, Bestin.
I am married long enough and I do not want to get into marriage again with a GORI ladki. Once bitten twice shy :rolleyes:. Enough is enough.
I spoke to my manager who had agreed to do the needful. However, he had put another spoke now by writing in the approval email that it is my responsibility to keep the EAD current.
I do not understand this part- I am working on H1-B, why should I keep my EAD current, by paying my own fees?
Why you need to keep your EAD current? If you are working on H1, you don't even need an EAD, and don't even need to renew it. You can reapply when you are about to go out of your H1. If your wife wants to work, then, of course, both of you have to be on EAD.
I am married long enough and I do not want to get into marriage again with a GORI ladki. Once bitten twice shy :rolleyes:. Enough is enough.
I spoke to my manager who had agreed to do the needful. However, he had put another spoke now by writing in the approval email that it is my responsibility to keep the EAD current.
I do not understand this part- I am working on H1-B, why should I keep my EAD current, by paying my own fees?
Why you need to keep your EAD current? If you are working on H1, you don't even need an EAD, and don't even need to renew it. You can reapply when you are about to go out of your H1. If your wife wants to work, then, of course, both of you have to be on EAD.
2011 the Mods v Rockers Rally.
bsbawa10
09-10 12:32 PM
I think members have written tons of pages on forums, spent days not hours predicting the actions of USCIS. But we need to understand that nothing and nobody can predict three things.
1. Earthquakes
2. Shooting stars and
3. USCIS
1. Earthquakes
2. Shooting stars and
3. USCIS
more...

ndswaiting
05-01 06:15 PM
I have been a silent follower of IV for more than a year but this is my first post so be kind :)
I am a full time employee. My 140 was approved in Jan 2008 and I am one of those who missed the July'07 fiasco (as you can see from my PD :().
I am being given an opportunity to join another team in my company. I do not want to impact the GC process but do not want to let go of this opportunity.
The other team is ready to replicate my roles and responsibilities as per my PERM and give me a similar title. My company lawyer believes that this would be the best approach and would not hamper my existing PERM and I140 and I would not have to restart my GC process.
I am reaching out to the collective knowledge base of the IV community for their insights/inputs/comments and red flags to watch out for.
Thanks in advance :)
I am a full time employee. My 140 was approved in Jan 2008 and I am one of those who missed the July'07 fiasco (as you can see from my PD :().
I am being given an opportunity to join another team in my company. I do not want to impact the GC process but do not want to let go of this opportunity.
The other team is ready to replicate my roles and responsibilities as per my PERM and give me a similar title. My company lawyer believes that this would be the best approach and would not hamper my existing PERM and I140 and I would not have to restart my GC process.
I am reaching out to the collective knowledge base of the IV community for their insights/inputs/comments and red flags to watch out for.
Thanks in advance :)
snathan
02-23 06:53 PM
I successfully ported from EB3 to EB2 in the same company while on EAD
Now i am working on the new Eb2 position using the EAD obtained from the EB3 position. I have still not filed my Eb2 485 since dates are not current (priority date jan 2007)
The new Eb2 job description was similiar to Eb3 but the difference was that now it required masters degree and 1 year experience. This is becasue of more resposnitlity and supervisory role in the eb2 position. Also natural progression...
I qualified for the Eb2 position without using the Experience gained in the existing company. I had masters and previous experience which was used for qualification....
Also the older Eb3 position does not exist as it was modified to the new Eb2 position as the role now required more complexity...
Sharing my experience and wondering if everything is ok with my current situation? I do not have a h1b. I still work on EAd obtained from the Eb3 app and travel on AP and have not had any issues yet....
Porting is not walk in the park anymore. USCIS is scrutizing everything...you should be ok as long as everything is documented properly. Keep us posted.
Now i am working on the new Eb2 position using the EAD obtained from the EB3 position. I have still not filed my Eb2 485 since dates are not current (priority date jan 2007)
The new Eb2 job description was similiar to Eb3 but the difference was that now it required masters degree and 1 year experience. This is becasue of more resposnitlity and supervisory role in the eb2 position. Also natural progression...
I qualified for the Eb2 position without using the Experience gained in the existing company. I had masters and previous experience which was used for qualification....
Also the older Eb3 position does not exist as it was modified to the new Eb2 position as the role now required more complexity...
Sharing my experience and wondering if everything is ok with my current situation? I do not have a h1b. I still work on EAd obtained from the Eb3 app and travel on AP and have not had any issues yet....
Porting is not walk in the park anymore. USCIS is scrutizing everything...you should be ok as long as everything is documented properly. Keep us posted.
more...
watzgc
02-12 06:58 PM
You can work upto 240 days after your H1 expiry date while your H1B is pending. To continue working from 241st day, you would need EAD otherwise stop working until the decision is made on H1B.
Hi Wandmaker, Even If I need to work for the same employer do I need to use my EAD ?.
If you say 'Yes' to use EAD, later if I receive my H1B Extension in 1-2 monts, Can I use my H1B for the same employer where I got EAD thru them ?. If so wats the procedure ? . thank u sir.
Hi Wandmaker, Even If I need to work for the same employer do I need to use my EAD ?.
If you say 'Yes' to use EAD, later if I receive my H1B Extension in 1-2 monts, Can I use my H1B for the same employer where I got EAD thru them ?. If so wats the procedure ? . thank u sir.
2010 MODS V ROCKERS by casualco
vali
11-14 12:07 PM
- The A0XX XXX XXX is the A number or alien number
- Nothing good or bad. It is sometimes there on the 140 approval notice also. It is there on 485/765/131
- No one knows when you will get your GC. Your PD is old so you may get lucky soon...
Thanks for your prompt response.
- still I feel that only because I received just now after 8 years this A#, seems to me that only at this time I'm registered as an immigrant?
That is what alien number means in English ? Sorry.
- Nothing good or bad. It is sometimes there on the 140 approval notice also. It is there on 485/765/131
- No one knows when you will get your GC. Your PD is old so you may get lucky soon...
Thanks for your prompt response.
- still I feel that only because I received just now after 8 years this A#, seems to me that only at this time I'm registered as an immigrant?
That is what alien number means in English ? Sorry.
more...
saileshdude
08-10 03:58 PM
I thought I will start any 2006 pending cases who are current for Aug bulletin and possibly sept bulletin (i.e if dates remain current for 2006 PDs)
hair it be Mods and Rockers
krish_krish
01-05 12:27 PM
Folks
Is anyone has done adjustment of status from B2 to H1.
My friend is in US with 10 yrs multiple entry visa, and he likes to do adjustment of status. Any advice.
Thanks
Is anyone has done adjustment of status from B2 to H1.
My friend is in US with 10 yrs multiple entry visa, and he likes to do adjustment of status. Any advice.
Thanks
more...

alex77
08-01 01:38 PM
She is one of the pro-immigration leader and deserves a Thank You. Updated her Wiki profile with the below:
'Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren has shown exemplary leadership and conviction when she made USCIS honor the decision of July 2007 Visa Bulletin and again accepting employment-based I-485 (Adjustment of Status) filings. USCIS had earlier reversed their decision and had stopped accepting the application for adjustment of status. With Zoe's timely involvement and pressure from pro-immigration skilled professionals, USCIS re-started acceping the applications and thus avoided a costly litigation against them.'
Please feel free to edit/append. :)
'Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren has shown exemplary leadership and conviction when she made USCIS honor the decision of July 2007 Visa Bulletin and again accepting employment-based I-485 (Adjustment of Status) filings. USCIS had earlier reversed their decision and had stopped accepting the application for adjustment of status. With Zoe's timely involvement and pressure from pro-immigration skilled professionals, USCIS re-started acceping the applications and thus avoided a costly litigation against them.'
Please feel free to edit/append. :)
hot Mods vs. Rockers event snorts
GCeffect
02-09 05:22 AM
Last week i received a RFE against my I485 application. My PD is not current yet. I''m kind of confused about the RFE. I need some help from you guys...
Check out the RFE letter comment at the following:
"""""USCIS records indicate that you began your employment with compnay A in October 2005. However, the record indicates that the i-129, H1b, granting your authorization to work for company A was not filed until aug, 2006. Submit documentatary evidence that you were authorized to work for compnay A when you began your employment in Oct 2005.""""
Now let me explain my situation.
I had my first H1b from compnay B, for three years (oct 2002 to oct 2005). Then I started my renewed my H1b under another company C. (oct/2005 to oct 2008). Then i received my PERM labor from another company A (the company they USCIS mentioned in their RFE). Both the company C and compnay A was owned by one person. So even i was working with the company C, my payroll was under Company A. Right after I received my labor certificate from Compnay A, my lawyer suggested my transfer my H1b from Compnay C to company A. Then i received my h1b approval for compnay A in Jan 2007 to october 2008. In 0ctober 2008 i renewed my h1b from compnay A again for one year. But in november compnay A terminted me and withdraw my H1b. I got a new job and moved to a new compnay in december 2008. Everything is normal after that until i received the RFE. I have to get back to USCIS in by the end of this month with the evidence. I has the legal status all the time i worked for all those companies.
PLease let me know what you guys think about the whole situation.
Thanks ahead about your concern ......
EB3 (ROW)..PD May 2006
Check out the RFE letter comment at the following:
"""""USCIS records indicate that you began your employment with compnay A in October 2005. However, the record indicates that the i-129, H1b, granting your authorization to work for company A was not filed until aug, 2006. Submit documentatary evidence that you were authorized to work for compnay A when you began your employment in Oct 2005.""""
Now let me explain my situation.
I had my first H1b from compnay B, for three years (oct 2002 to oct 2005). Then I started my renewed my H1b under another company C. (oct/2005 to oct 2008). Then i received my PERM labor from another company A (the company they USCIS mentioned in their RFE). Both the company C and compnay A was owned by one person. So even i was working with the company C, my payroll was under Company A. Right after I received my labor certificate from Compnay A, my lawyer suggested my transfer my H1b from Compnay C to company A. Then i received my h1b approval for compnay A in Jan 2007 to october 2008. In 0ctober 2008 i renewed my h1b from compnay A again for one year. But in november compnay A terminted me and withdraw my H1b. I got a new job and moved to a new compnay in december 2008. Everything is normal after that until i received the RFE. I have to get back to USCIS in by the end of this month with the evidence. I has the legal status all the time i worked for all those companies.
PLease let me know what you guys think about the whole situation.
Thanks ahead about your concern ......
EB3 (ROW)..PD May 2006
more...
house 60s mods
bang
04-06 10:51 AM
Sorry to hear about your dad's health.
As per the Consulate web site, admitting to hospital is not an emergency situation. But you better check with TTS and Chennai consulate through email. If you have any proof from the hospital about your father's health condition, scan it and send it to consulate. they normally respond in 24 hours.
If you applied for 485 and have AP, please keep it with you in case of need.
thanks
You are eligible for a Emergency Appointment as long as you are returning to work in US (H1B), dont worry, just go you can get an emergency appointment without any documentation required.
As per the Consulate web site, admitting to hospital is not an emergency situation. But you better check with TTS and Chennai consulate through email. If you have any proof from the hospital about your father's health condition, scan it and send it to consulate. they normally respond in 24 hours.
If you applied for 485 and have AP, please keep it with you in case of need.
thanks
You are eligible for a Emergency Appointment as long as you are returning to work in US (H1B), dont worry, just go you can get an emergency appointment without any documentation required.
tattoo MvR10M.jpg Mods vs. Rockers 10
sri1309
05-05 01:02 PM
I'm sure many more states will want this kind of law, and thats what pushes the CIR to the top of the files.
more...
pictures Mods and Rockers?

transpass
07-24 03:20 PM
Assuming you have very good credit history - you may also consider getting Citibank PremierPass Elite card. It gives you 1 thankyou point for each mile - multiplied by the number of travellers when you book using this card. This is in addition to any airline miles you will earn.
I got $500 of gift cards (staples/sears etc.) and cash checks from encashing the thankyou points (roughly fifty something thousand) from my last India trip. This card has $75 yearly fee - but that is more than compensated by the 20,000 bonus thank you points they give for enrolling in the card.
And if you have a long layover like I had (7 hours) - maybe you could even consider one of those cards which gives you free lounge access. I have Citibank Platinum Amex. These cards require even better credit history than Premierpass Elite. Again - all these cards have yearly fee - but you can get bonus for enrolling which compensates for these. Mine has a $125/yr fee and gave me a bonus of 20,000 thankyou point for enrolling.
I typically go to india every alternate year. My plan is to cancel these cards every year and re-enroll just before I travel.
Hey, what is the cash back rate? 1%, 2%? Is there any limit?
I got $500 of gift cards (staples/sears etc.) and cash checks from encashing the thankyou points (roughly fifty something thousand) from my last India trip. This card has $75 yearly fee - but that is more than compensated by the 20,000 bonus thank you points they give for enrolling in the card.
And if you have a long layover like I had (7 hours) - maybe you could even consider one of those cards which gives you free lounge access. I have Citibank Platinum Amex. These cards require even better credit history than Premierpass Elite. Again - all these cards have yearly fee - but you can get bonus for enrolling which compensates for these. Mine has a $125/yr fee and gave me a bonus of 20,000 thankyou point for enrolling.
I typically go to india every alternate year. My plan is to cancel these cards every year and re-enroll just before I travel.
Hey, what is the cash back rate? 1%, 2%? Is there any limit?
dresses Mods vs. Rockers III
Humhongekamyab
08-15 01:06 PM
You might want to change the Title ....not good sign to something more appropriate .... sign of delay.
more...
makeup Mods v.s. Rockers event.
dixie
08-18 01:42 PM
Maybe. But parallel filing itself has been dysfunctional ever since retrogression hit. Talk of replacing one dysfunctional system with another.
Correct me if I am wrong.
They started premium processing for I140 so that they could stop parallel filing of 140 and 485.
Correct me if I am wrong.
They started premium processing for I140 so that they could stop parallel filing of 140 and 485.
girlfriend Score: Mods 1, Rockers 0
Libra
07-18 10:36 AM
My attorney says, they sent hundreds of applications and none of them returned. she says we dont have to refile, they are not going to send it back.
Guys,
Can any one explain his comments,
"We presume some folks are still waiting on their July 2nd cases to be returned and are debating refiling new cases rather than waiting. Unfortunately, there is a risk of not getting the package back before August 17th and some people will need to refile without proof of the earlier filing."
Shouldn't any application rejected on July 2nd have already reached our lawyer's office by now?
Also, if my appliction, filled on July 2nd, has not been returned yet, shouldn't we assume that it will be accepted?
Guys,
Can any one explain his comments,
"We presume some folks are still waiting on their July 2nd cases to be returned and are debating refiling new cases rather than waiting. Unfortunately, there is a risk of not getting the package back before August 17th and some people will need to refile without proof of the earlier filing."
Shouldn't any application rejected on July 2nd have already reached our lawyer's office by now?
Also, if my appliction, filled on July 2nd, has not been returned yet, shouldn't we assume that it will be accepted?
hairstyles Mods Vs Rockers T-Shirt
dan19
11-07 02:13 PM
Thanks Chandu...
Never knew somebody had compiled such a large list!!!
look at www.h1bmates.com
Never knew somebody had compiled such a large list!!!
look at www.h1bmates.com
ksvreg
07-17 06:09 PM
Time to send "Thank you" flowers. What to do you think guys?
kum25
09-17 01:23 AM
I am working with Company B on H-1b. My GC labor, I-140, I-485 and EAD is filed by Company A. Now, I am close to getting EAD in few weeks. Few say that once EAD is approved, then I have start working for Company A immediately. Others say that GC and EAD is for future employment with Company A and hence, I should start working for Company A only after GC is approved.
So, I have two questions and need advice.
1. When should I start working for Company A, upon approval of EAD or approval of GC.
Ideally, I would like to start working for Company A upon approval of GC.
2. Even, if I want to transfer EAD to Company B, the job title differs as the job title on GC is more junior than the current role.
Please let me know if anyone has similar situation and need what the reality is when EAD is approved.
Thanks.
Kum25
So, I have two questions and need advice.
1. When should I start working for Company A, upon approval of EAD or approval of GC.
Ideally, I would like to start working for Company A upon approval of GC.
2. Even, if I want to transfer EAD to Company B, the job title differs as the job title on GC is more junior than the current role.
Please let me know if anyone has similar situation and need what the reality is when EAD is approved.
Thanks.
Kum25
No comments:
Post a Comment