go_guy123
03-12 09:42 PM
My friend is in the I-140 stage of green card processing
She needs to choose between Counselor Processing or I485
Which one is better Counselor Processing or I485 ?
Your feedback is greatly appreciated
She needs to choose between Counselor Processing or I485
Which one is better Counselor Processing or I485 ?
Your feedback is greatly appreciated
wallpaper of mice and men lennie quotes. Of Mice and Men: With Notes
saurav_4096
06-16 10:00 PM
How does AC21 will come into play when a person files I-485 with the letter from employer that employment will be availabe once green card is issued.
Does person has to join the employer after green card is issued ? As Green card will be availabe only after 180 days of filing.
Gurus, if someone knows such please reply.
Thanks
Saurav
Does person has to join the employer after green card is issued ? As Green card will be availabe only after 180 days of filing.
Gurus, if someone knows such please reply.
Thanks
Saurav
americandesi
04-06 01:31 PM
Refer http://www.murthy.com/pr_thngs.html and search for
"It is also important to understand that the green card approval will be reviewed at the time of the naturalization interview. For employment-based cases, this means inquiries into how long the individual worked for the employer after obtaining the green card. If the period is extremely short, there may be questions about the bona fide nature of the green card process."
As suggested by "Optimystic", any time between 6 to 12 months should be ok.
"It is also important to understand that the green card approval will be reviewed at the time of the naturalization interview. For employment-based cases, this means inquiries into how long the individual worked for the employer after obtaining the green card. If the period is extremely short, there may be questions about the bona fide nature of the green card process."
As suggested by "Optimystic", any time between 6 to 12 months should be ok.
2011 Another chance to see Of Mice
vadik78
03-01 12:45 PM
Hi,
I saw immigrationvioce discussions on immigrationportal.com and decided to visit the site to obtain additional information regarding the community. I was trying to find a bullet-point list of immigration voice goals/priorities, however i did not find one.
I am not sure if I missed it or it just does not exist. If it does not exist, maybe it is a good idea to publish the list in the "about us" section or in the FAQ sections. I noticed that there was some info available in the about us section, however it was quite generic.
What I was thinking is that it would be a good idea to publish short-term and long term goals in a fairly detailed format, for example:
Short term:
1) Fight name check delays:
1a. educate the congress about name check delays
1b. ask the congress to implement service requrements for name check processing (i.e. 6 months completion for X%, respond to name check inquiry for name check pending for more than 6 months within Y days/weeks, etc)
2) Fight retrogression:
2a. Educate the congress about restogression
2b. Ask the congress to re-capture unsused visa numbers
2c. Increase visa allocation for EB categories
I think that such information would be good for new/potential members.
I saw immigrationvioce discussions on immigrationportal.com and decided to visit the site to obtain additional information regarding the community. I was trying to find a bullet-point list of immigration voice goals/priorities, however i did not find one.
I am not sure if I missed it or it just does not exist. If it does not exist, maybe it is a good idea to publish the list in the "about us" section or in the FAQ sections. I noticed that there was some info available in the about us section, however it was quite generic.
What I was thinking is that it would be a good idea to publish short-term and long term goals in a fairly detailed format, for example:
Short term:
1) Fight name check delays:
1a. educate the congress about name check delays
1b. ask the congress to implement service requrements for name check processing (i.e. 6 months completion for X%, respond to name check inquiry for name check pending for more than 6 months within Y days/weeks, etc)
2) Fight retrogression:
2a. Educate the congress about restogression
2b. Ask the congress to re-capture unsused visa numbers
2c. Increase visa allocation for EB categories
I think that such information would be good for new/potential members.
more...
JunRN
08-11 05:19 PM
That is not a flaw in the system and in the USCIS manual, they know it. Since the previous I-140 is already approved and you've stayed more than 6 months in that I-140, then there's no need for the ability to pay. USCIS is treating your case as if you already have a GC, it is just that it is pending.
If one has a GC, he can transfer to another employer. It is your risk if your new employer has not the ability to pay you. The same is true with portability, USCIS doesn't care anymore if you transfer to an employer with no ability to pay you because the first I-140 is already approved and you worked for it already. They are concerned now about your I-485 (AOS) and your qualifications under it.
If one has a GC, he can transfer to another employer. It is your risk if your new employer has not the ability to pay you. The same is true with portability, USCIS doesn't care anymore if you transfer to an employer with no ability to pay you because the first I-140 is already approved and you worked for it already. They are concerned now about your I-485 (AOS) and your qualifications under it.
vxg
07-25 05:48 PM
So, did you have to redo PERM for the manager's position or did your older PERM fly?
No i did not do PERM i got my labor from BEC after a long two year wait and i happily kept it. I think a lot depends upon how you lawyer and employer handles it. My lawyer says even now i can change job and get promoted if job responsibilities are similar.
No i did not do PERM i got my labor from BEC after a long two year wait and i happily kept it. I think a lot depends upon how you lawyer and employer handles it. My lawyer says even now i can change job and get promoted if job responsibilities are similar.
more...
swamy
12-13 02:58 PM
Relax guys dont gang up like that - maybe he believes in himself and will actually fight for his rights unlike many here on IV!
dyekek12 - as you can obviously see from above, there are a lot of frustrated souls out here. You are in the wrong forum to pose such q's - this place is filled with a lot of socially challenged tech grads who sit on their asses the whole day tracking bureacracies and complaining like village bellies & then do nothing about it. Your q is best answered by a college counselor or dept head. Pick a school with a good program and see what their grads are doing. Most grads will happily answer q's for you honestly. There are plenty of websites to do your research on - but approaching it as an eb3/eb2 gateway is bad. All of them are screwed up.
dyekek12 - as you can obviously see from above, there are a lot of frustrated souls out here. You are in the wrong forum to pose such q's - this place is filled with a lot of socially challenged tech grads who sit on their asses the whole day tracking bureacracies and complaining like village bellies & then do nothing about it. Your q is best answered by a college counselor or dept head. Pick a school with a good program and see what their grads are doing. Most grads will happily answer q's for you honestly. There are plenty of websites to do your research on - but approaching it as an eb3/eb2 gateway is bad. All of them are screwed up.
2010 of mice and men lennie quotes. Of Mice and Men the Movie
sunny1000
11-08 03:55 PM
hello,
I am trying to book an appointment for h1b visa stamping at the Chennai Us consulate for Nov 29th but I see no dates available for Nov 2010 for Chennai.
Ony calcutta dates are available.
Can I book an emergency appointment in this situation?
I have been on h1 for the past 3 years.First came to US in 2004.Visa expired in 2006.
Extended h1b here in USA..Now going to India for the first time after visa expiry.
Also, for the stamping, should i carry all old LCA's or just the latest one?
Thanks,
arthi
Also, I heard that they are asking for letter from the client that you are working, on the client letterhead with info like contract duration etc. You can search the forum. This is what I found at the chennai consulate website (http://chennai.usconsulate.gov/h1bvisas.html):
Carry the Following Documents with You
Bring the following documents to your scheduled interview:
A passport valid as of the date of entry into the U.S. (Persons whose passports which will expire in less than 6 months after their entry into the United States should renew their passports before applying for a visa.) We recommend bringing your previous passports as well.
Your confirmation page (printed on a laser printer).
Appointment letter
HDFC Bank fee receipt
In addition, if you are applying for a petition-based visa (H, L, F, J, M, R visas) should also bring petition-related documents.
One recent (within the past six months) passport size photograph 50mm X 50mm (2" x 2") with a white or off-white background.
Note: Please obtain a new passport prior to your interview if:
- The film on the biographic data pages of your passport (i.e., page with your photo and back page with your parents' information) is separating from the pages in your passport, or
- Your passport is otherwise torn, damaged, mutilated or has been washed or laundered.
U.S. visas cannot be placed in damaged passports.
If you are applying for an H-1B visa, you need to present all the required documents (highlighted in BLUE above) for any non-immigrant visa:
Plus
I-797 - the original notice of approval,
The complete I-129 petition submitted by your prospective employer including the Labor Condition Application
The originals, plus one copy, of your university diplomas, mark sheets and any certificates you may have. (Secondary school information is not required) Letter from petitioning employer confirming employer's intent to hire the applicant
Original, plus one copy, of your work experience letters from your previous employers
First time applicants may consider submitting the following documents:
Pay slips from current or most recent place of employment
Names and current phone numbers of the personnel managers at the applicant's present and past jobs
Photographs of the inside and outside of current or most recent employer's place of business
Names and contact information of two co-workers from your current or most recent place of employment
Names and contact information of two co-workers from past jobs
A complete resume/bio-data and cover letter describing current job duties in detail
Personal bank records for the last six months
US company information: photographs of the inside and outside of the company's offices, prospectus, brochures, and annual report
The Consulate will not accept documents received directly from the company by mail or fax.
If you are currently working in the US on an H1B visa, please submit your pay slips for the current calendar year and your federal tax returns (IRS Form 1040 and W-2) for all years in which you were employed in the US.
All H-1B applicants are requested to bring one extra photocopy of any original documents they presented with their application package that they wish to be returned.
Good luck with the stamping and God bless.
I am trying to book an appointment for h1b visa stamping at the Chennai Us consulate for Nov 29th but I see no dates available for Nov 2010 for Chennai.
Ony calcutta dates are available.
Can I book an emergency appointment in this situation?
I have been on h1 for the past 3 years.First came to US in 2004.Visa expired in 2006.
Extended h1b here in USA..Now going to India for the first time after visa expiry.
Also, for the stamping, should i carry all old LCA's or just the latest one?
Thanks,
arthi
Also, I heard that they are asking for letter from the client that you are working, on the client letterhead with info like contract duration etc. You can search the forum. This is what I found at the chennai consulate website (http://chennai.usconsulate.gov/h1bvisas.html):
Carry the Following Documents with You
Bring the following documents to your scheduled interview:
A passport valid as of the date of entry into the U.S. (Persons whose passports which will expire in less than 6 months after their entry into the United States should renew their passports before applying for a visa.) We recommend bringing your previous passports as well.
Your confirmation page (printed on a laser printer).
Appointment letter
HDFC Bank fee receipt
In addition, if you are applying for a petition-based visa (H, L, F, J, M, R visas) should also bring petition-related documents.
One recent (within the past six months) passport size photograph 50mm X 50mm (2" x 2") with a white or off-white background.
Note: Please obtain a new passport prior to your interview if:
- The film on the biographic data pages of your passport (i.e., page with your photo and back page with your parents' information) is separating from the pages in your passport, or
- Your passport is otherwise torn, damaged, mutilated or has been washed or laundered.
U.S. visas cannot be placed in damaged passports.
If you are applying for an H-1B visa, you need to present all the required documents (highlighted in BLUE above) for any non-immigrant visa:
Plus
I-797 - the original notice of approval,
The complete I-129 petition submitted by your prospective employer including the Labor Condition Application
The originals, plus one copy, of your university diplomas, mark sheets and any certificates you may have. (Secondary school information is not required) Letter from petitioning employer confirming employer's intent to hire the applicant
Original, plus one copy, of your work experience letters from your previous employers
First time applicants may consider submitting the following documents:
Pay slips from current or most recent place of employment
Names and current phone numbers of the personnel managers at the applicant's present and past jobs
Photographs of the inside and outside of current or most recent employer's place of business
Names and contact information of two co-workers from your current or most recent place of employment
Names and contact information of two co-workers from past jobs
A complete resume/bio-data and cover letter describing current job duties in detail
Personal bank records for the last six months
US company information: photographs of the inside and outside of the company's offices, prospectus, brochures, and annual report
The Consulate will not accept documents received directly from the company by mail or fax.
If you are currently working in the US on an H1B visa, please submit your pay slips for the current calendar year and your federal tax returns (IRS Form 1040 and W-2) for all years in which you were employed in the US.
All H-1B applicants are requested to bring one extra photocopy of any original documents they presented with their application package that they wish to be returned.
Good luck with the stamping and God bless.
more...
HereIComeGC
12-12 04:07 PM
lol..this is funny.. are you planning to issue another bulletin from your side based on the input at IV.. chill dude.. the bulletin issue science is really some rocket science, it defies all the fundamentals of mathematics and gravity...actually its more like 6-flag ride..rush of adrenalin..swaying on both sides..oh god its making me so dizzy....
:(
Where do you get an indication prediction of another bulletin from my side from a simple question such as this? Jan 2000 is way back. It would be interesting to know how many people are still waiting from way back in 2000 in EB2 category which has traditionally been faster approvals then EB3.
:(
Where do you get an indication prediction of another bulletin from my side from a simple question such as this? Jan 2000 is way back. It would be interesting to know how many people are still waiting from way back in 2000 in EB2 category which has traditionally been faster approvals then EB3.
hair of mice and men lennie quotes. See: Of Mice amp; Men. See: Of Mice amp; Men.

GCNaseeb
11-14 11:18 PM
I just wanted to check up with local USCIS office, if they have any other options besides re-applying. When we informed USCIS they sent us the letter that the typo was attached to my case. But EAD and AP were already ordered. I am going to carry the USCIS letter and my original EAD and AP. I will have some definite direction what to do next - whether to return it or start using it.
I won't be working beyond january with the same employer. Hence I don't want to give away my EAD at this time. USCIS may take another 6 months to adjudicate if I re-apply; and I don't want to bank completely on my H1-B at this time, hence infopass. I am going to ask the officer that, if I can still use the EAD without re-applying, since typo correction is already attached to my case, anyway.
My Last name was mispelt on the 485/131/765 notices.I called USCIS and the took a note of the correct names and told that they will correct them when the officer gets my file.The names were mispelt on the EAD card as well.I was asked by the USCIS to return the card and send another application along with the card asking for the correction.
I won't be working beyond january with the same employer. Hence I don't want to give away my EAD at this time. USCIS may take another 6 months to adjudicate if I re-apply; and I don't want to bank completely on my H1-B at this time, hence infopass. I am going to ask the officer that, if I can still use the EAD without re-applying, since typo correction is already attached to my case, anyway.
My Last name was mispelt on the 485/131/765 notices.I called USCIS and the took a note of the correct names and told that they will correct them when the officer gets my file.The names were mispelt on the EAD card as well.I was asked by the USCIS to return the card and send another application along with the card asking for the correction.
more...
wandmaker
09-03 03:33 PM
what if the company revokes the I140 ??? Do i still hold the original priority date . I have checked out various forums and it seems there seems to be some confusion regarding the I140 revocation aspect.
Any pointers would be highly appreciated-
thnx
-A
You loose your PD. BTW, please update your profile.
Any pointers would be highly appreciated-
thnx
-A
You loose your PD. BTW, please update your profile.
hot Last to chance to see #39;Of Mice
vxb2004
11-25 07:59 PM
vxb2004,
Was there any LUD on ur 485 after u sent AC21 Documents in Apr?.
KKtexas,
I had some soft LUD's in June...but the AC21 documents were sent in June!!
Was there any LUD on ur 485 after u sent AC21 Documents in Apr?.
KKtexas,
I had some soft LUD's in June...but the AC21 documents were sent in June!!
more...
house quot;of Mice and Menquot; another
.jpg)
looivy
08-14 12:11 PM
That is a relief...
tattoo Of Mice and Men quot; by John
abhijitp
01-18 01:35 AM
> ***If you don't sign, that means no snacks
LOL:-) Thanks for making my day!
NORCAL, see you there on Sunday!
LOL:-) Thanks for making my day!
NORCAL, see you there on Sunday!
more...
pictures of mice and men lennie quotes. of mice and developed by john
h1techSlave
08-04 06:52 AM
While the thread was started on a light note, I think this is a serious topic.
Most of the people in the developed (and increasingly in the developing) countries are over-weight. I believe people are over weight, because they are not eating good food. People just follow the latest fad (in India this is oatmeal, soybeans etc. for now).
I have successfully managed my weight below 24 BMI for almost a decade now by eating good food. The key is "moderation" and eat unprocessed food as much as possible.
If you have to choose between whole milk and fat free milk, choose whole milk. If you have to choose between red rice and white rice, choose red rice. If you drink, do not drink the cheapest variety. Go for Blue label or Hennessey and drink just a peg a week. Go and eat the most expensive cut of beef and eat just an ounce of it. And for the record, I haven't found anything wrong with traditional breakfast (uppuma, puttu, dosa and what not). If you like the taste of oatmeal go for it, but once in a while.
And do not forget to do some exercise everyday. 30-40 minutes of walk, bicycling, swimming, playing some games; any thing will do.
Most of the people in the developed (and increasingly in the developing) countries are over-weight. I believe people are over weight, because they are not eating good food. People just follow the latest fad (in India this is oatmeal, soybeans etc. for now).
I have successfully managed my weight below 24 BMI for almost a decade now by eating good food. The key is "moderation" and eat unprocessed food as much as possible.
If you have to choose between whole milk and fat free milk, choose whole milk. If you have to choose between red rice and white rice, choose red rice. If you drink, do not drink the cheapest variety. Go for Blue label or Hennessey and drink just a peg a week. Go and eat the most expensive cut of beef and eat just an ounce of it. And for the record, I haven't found anything wrong with traditional breakfast (uppuma, puttu, dosa and what not). If you like the taste of oatmeal go for it, but once in a while.
And do not forget to do some exercise everyday. 30-40 minutes of walk, bicycling, swimming, playing some games; any thing will do.
dresses of mice and men lennie quotes
WillIBLucky
11-17 11:54 AM
Yes, 2007 will be the best chance we would have. After that its all political stunt as we saw this year before elections.
I sincerely hope I am wrong in this assumption.
I sincerely hope I am wrong in this assumption.
more...
makeup of mice and men lennie quotes. Aunt+clara+of+mice+and
cram
10-09 07:06 PM
please anybody????????
girlfriend Also, Ben quotes the book (see
mihird
05-21 10:49 PM
I think, the PD should reset to the day the substition is done and not to the day the original labor was filed...otherwise it is unfair by all means..
But, I agree, we have bigger fish to fry...labor substitions probably only account for 1-5% of all cases...
I don't see any solution to visa retrogression...its just a way to control the number of people immigrating in...and if more people intend to immigrate from certain countries, their applications are bound to be backlogged...
Most of the current immigration debate is centered around illegal aliens and it has all to do with the Hispanic vote etc.
The only solace we can have is that if they do decide to grant amnesty to certain illegals, either they will be put behind the queue of legals, or we legals will first be pushed forward and then visa numbers made available to the illegals..
If illegals get priority in the visa number allocation, there will be plenty of uproar and finger pointing....I don't think the current administration would be able to pull something like that off..and in all insanity, if they do something like that, I will be the first one to join that queue of illegals :-)
But, I agree, we have bigger fish to fry...labor substitions probably only account for 1-5% of all cases...
I don't see any solution to visa retrogression...its just a way to control the number of people immigrating in...and if more people intend to immigrate from certain countries, their applications are bound to be backlogged...
Most of the current immigration debate is centered around illegal aliens and it has all to do with the Hispanic vote etc.
The only solace we can have is that if they do decide to grant amnesty to certain illegals, either they will be put behind the queue of legals, or we legals will first be pushed forward and then visa numbers made available to the illegals..
If illegals get priority in the visa number allocation, there will be plenty of uproar and finger pointing....I don't think the current administration would be able to pull something like that off..and in all insanity, if they do something like that, I will be the first one to join that queue of illegals :-)
hairstyles of mice and men lennie quotes. of mice and men characters

harrydr
08-03 09:36 AM
Hello IV friends,
My PD is May 2008 and currently i have an approved i-140. I have been wanting to change my job but always been scared of the impact on my GC processing as i heard if i change my job prior to filing for I-485 (which i cannot as the PD is not current), i would have start the process all over again. What are my options here? Thanks in advance.
My PD is May 2008 and currently i have an approved i-140. I have been wanting to change my job but always been scared of the impact on my GC processing as i heard if i change my job prior to filing for I-485 (which i cannot as the PD is not current), i would have start the process all over again. What are my options here? Thanks in advance.
GCwaitforever
05-24 09:38 AM
By the way, the article refers to Immigrant Voice instead of Immigration Voice. I can not find e-mail address of the author. Please get in touch with the author if you can, to have this corrected.
aachoo
03-23 12:36 AM
Could someone tell me please.....I'm filling the application for advance parole the first time......what should I write where it is written: " Date of intended departure"...if I dont know exactly when I'm leaving....should I write a date or should I write " I dont know yet?"
And also I read that the documents required are 2 photos, I-485 receipt notice, I-140 approval notice.....is that right? or what other documents do I need?
I would highly appreciate your help!
Thnaks in advance!
I am on my third AP- all filed through my attorney. All my applications say "ASAP". Length says "several weeks"
-a
And also I read that the documents required are 2 photos, I-485 receipt notice, I-140 approval notice.....is that right? or what other documents do I need?
I would highly appreciate your help!
Thnaks in advance!
I am on my third AP- all filed through my attorney. All my applications say "ASAP". Length says "several weeks"
-a
No comments:
Post a Comment