ragz4u
02-17 11:30 PM
If you are on H1B visa and hoping for a green card, get ready to walk to work.
A lot of people do not know that certain states like Pennsylvania will not issue a driver's licence if your H1B is about to expire in less than one year.
This is not the case in all states, but on inquiring, I learned that most states are going towards this as part of their move to make drivers licenses unavailable to illegals http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A45651-2004Sep23.html
If you are on H1B visa and applying for a green card, as described in this post (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=74), you WILL end up in your sixth year of H1 visa if the current situation does not improve. Then you will be able to extend your visa only ONE year at a time. Which means if you end up in a state like PA, you will have to walk to work or use public transport (if your city has public transport).
But by then many would be married/with kids. In that case, they have to make sure their kids can walk to their school too!
And do not forget the grocery store.....make sure its nearby...
The list is endless.
And just because you are not from PA, do not rejoice. What if your company relocates or gets bought over by another firm and you move to a state which enforces such rules?
And though this is applicable to a certain states right now, it will come to YOUR state very soon....I know a person in PA who is going through this now and I'm sure no one wants to be in his shoes!
<Sarcasm>So why not have a proposal to modify the H1B application form and add a question
Are you aware that your permission to drive a vehicle in USA on H1B visa is valid only for five years? along with the other questions that we already have like 'have you ever been convicted/felon' etc?
</Sarcasm>
Join, volunteer and contribute to ImmigrationVoice. This is your only chance to do something about retrogression while its possible. If we miss the boat this time, be ready to walk to work....
A lot of people do not know that certain states like Pennsylvania will not issue a driver's licence if your H1B is about to expire in less than one year.
This is not the case in all states, but on inquiring, I learned that most states are going towards this as part of their move to make drivers licenses unavailable to illegals http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A45651-2004Sep23.html
If you are on H1B visa and applying for a green card, as described in this post (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=74), you WILL end up in your sixth year of H1 visa if the current situation does not improve. Then you will be able to extend your visa only ONE year at a time. Which means if you end up in a state like PA, you will have to walk to work or use public transport (if your city has public transport).
But by then many would be married/with kids. In that case, they have to make sure their kids can walk to their school too!
And do not forget the grocery store.....make sure its nearby...
The list is endless.
And just because you are not from PA, do not rejoice. What if your company relocates or gets bought over by another firm and you move to a state which enforces such rules?
And though this is applicable to a certain states right now, it will come to YOUR state very soon....I know a person in PA who is going through this now and I'm sure no one wants to be in his shoes!
<Sarcasm>So why not have a proposal to modify the H1B application form and add a question
Are you aware that your permission to drive a vehicle in USA on H1B visa is valid only for five years? along with the other questions that we already have like 'have you ever been convicted/felon' etc?
</Sarcasm>
Join, volunteer and contribute to ImmigrationVoice. This is your only chance to do something about retrogression while its possible. If we miss the boat this time, be ready to walk to work....
wallpaper Peace, Love amp; Happiness
apb
08-07 04:55 PM
--
Yes, I just spoke with another IV member who is in your situation and he is visiting Canada later this month to take care of this issue
Yes that is ME..:-) I am still contemplating risking my FP (anytime soon) against my H1B stamping name check that could come up or use AVR and go back for H1B stamping later.
The same appointment could be used by my wife to stamp her H4.
testtesttest has gone to Canada today for PR stamping and he is going to use AVR to reenter US. I might do the same right now.
For me I have a arrest record for driving with suspended license (non payment of ticket) for which I was fingerprinted and photographed though I have police clearance letter from SJPD.
If you are sure that you do not have any records like this then go for stamping of H1 also. It is perfectly OK to get both PR landing and H1B stamping done.
Yes, I just spoke with another IV member who is in your situation and he is visiting Canada later this month to take care of this issue
Yes that is ME..:-) I am still contemplating risking my FP (anytime soon) against my H1B stamping name check that could come up or use AVR and go back for H1B stamping later.
The same appointment could be used by my wife to stamp her H4.
testtesttest has gone to Canada today for PR stamping and he is going to use AVR to reenter US. I might do the same right now.
For me I have a arrest record for driving with suspended license (non payment of ticket) for which I was fingerprinted and photographed though I have police clearance letter from SJPD.
If you are sure that you do not have any records like this then go for stamping of H1 also. It is perfectly OK to get both PR landing and H1B stamping done.

Munna Bhai
08-28 07:52 AM
I have an apporved I/140 and RD of I/485 in May 2007 under EB3. The PD is april 01 which is unavailable per current VB. My H1 is expiring in Jan 08 (9th yr extn.) Should I get my H1 extended and also can I do it myself? Kindly advise if I go for premium processing for H1 extn., can I get it extended for 3 yrs? Any related link for extn. be appreciated. Thanks
yes, you can..infact complete immigration process you can do yourself without any lawyer but only for 1 year as your AOS is pending. Search this forum, you will find an email from one of member who has given complete list for H1b extension.
yes, you can..infact complete immigration process you can do yourself without any lawyer but only for 1 year as your AOS is pending. Search this forum, you will find an email from one of member who has given complete list for H1b extension.
2011 Of Love Double Happiness
sin94
11-11 01:08 AM
Folks,
I am in a dire situation. I received on Sep 15th 2008 the dreaded email "request for initial evidence sent case placed on hold". Neither my lawyers nor the employer has received that letter and now its being 45 days and now nothing yet in spite of repeated requests from lawyers and employer to the USCIS.
What are my option here?
I am in a dire situation. I received on Sep 15th 2008 the dreaded email "request for initial evidence sent case placed on hold". Neither my lawyers nor the employer has received that letter and now its being 45 days and now nothing yet in spite of repeated requests from lawyers and employer to the USCIS.
What are my option here?
more...
gc_on_demand
12-03 03:47 PM
A friend of mine has got 221G from the New Delhi consulate. He works directly for the company there is no client involved here. The consulate has requested the details of every single employee of the company along with their immigration status. My friend is trying to get that information from the employer.
Any suggestion at this point????
I don't think consulate ask details of all employees if size is 5k or more. Further more you can tell officer that it is impossible to get wage details of all employee. I hear some time some desi companies gives w2 of all employees etc.. would consular officer show his/her w2 ? but since our desi companies feeding what they need , they ask what ever...
Any suggestion at this point????
I don't think consulate ask details of all employees if size is 5k or more. Further more you can tell officer that it is impossible to get wage details of all employee. I hear some time some desi companies gives w2 of all employees etc.. would consular officer show his/her w2 ? but since our desi companies feeding what they need , they ask what ever...

franklin
07-17 06:06 PM
Talk is cheap guys, put your money where your mouth is so we can continue fighting for us all! The battle is won, the war is far from over
http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=25#HowToContribute
:D
http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=25#HowToContribute
:D
more...

GotGoose?
04-10 04:10 PM
I added two more stamps - check top.
2010 Love amp; Happiness Long
gcpadmavyuh
10-07 11:08 PM
Hi Parimmigv:
Applying for 485 does not affect your H1/H4 status, as these visas are dual intent.
If your H1 is approved, your H4 status will cease to exist from the date of H1 validity (I'm guessing, Oct 1st for you). So, officially from that date, you are on H1.
If you have applied for 485 recently, you are also eligible for EAD which authorizes you to take up "ANY" job of your choice in the US.
485 iteslf is a separate status called the adjustee or parolee status.
Now to your questions:
1. what status am I on right now ?
Since your H1 is approved, effective Oct 1st you are on H1 status. Since you applied for 485 recently you are also on the parolee status. Typically to come out clean of the H1 status, one uses their EAD to work. Then the H1 status is invalidated. To do this, just fill out a new I9 form with your employer showing EAD as the basis of authorization to work.
2. Is it true that only after getting H1 visa stamp I will be moving to H1 visa ?.
No,this is not true. You need not have your H1 stamped to be on H1 status. Your H1 picks up on Oct1st if your 797 went through.
3. How to move to EAD as I don't want to pay payroll fees ?.
Need to fill out a new I9 form with your employer indicating your EAD as the form of authorization to work.
BTW, I gathered that you have'nt received your EAD yet and you may not be in a position to produce it as proof of auth for work for a new I-9. I personally think you dont need to worry about not getting paid from Oct 1st through the day of your EAD approval, as you can claim to be on 485 parolee status during this period and not H1. Please check with a qualified
attorney. I'm 99.99% sure of this.
good luck!
Hello:
Can some please help me here ?.
Iam on H4 and I applied for H1 through a consulting company and got it approved last month. I haven't got my I797 form yet.
I have applied for EAD through my husband's company. I think EAD may take few more months to get approved. My questions are:-
1. what status am I on right now ?
2. Is it true that only after getting H1 visa stamp I will be moving to H1 visa ?.
3. How to move to EAD as I don't want to pay payroll fees ?.
Thanks,
Applying for 485 does not affect your H1/H4 status, as these visas are dual intent.
If your H1 is approved, your H4 status will cease to exist from the date of H1 validity (I'm guessing, Oct 1st for you). So, officially from that date, you are on H1.
If you have applied for 485 recently, you are also eligible for EAD which authorizes you to take up "ANY" job of your choice in the US.
485 iteslf is a separate status called the adjustee or parolee status.
Now to your questions:
1. what status am I on right now ?
Since your H1 is approved, effective Oct 1st you are on H1 status. Since you applied for 485 recently you are also on the parolee status. Typically to come out clean of the H1 status, one uses their EAD to work. Then the H1 status is invalidated. To do this, just fill out a new I9 form with your employer showing EAD as the basis of authorization to work.
2. Is it true that only after getting H1 visa stamp I will be moving to H1 visa ?.
No,this is not true. You need not have your H1 stamped to be on H1 status. Your H1 picks up on Oct1st if your 797 went through.
3. How to move to EAD as I don't want to pay payroll fees ?.
Need to fill out a new I9 form with your employer indicating your EAD as the form of authorization to work.
BTW, I gathered that you have'nt received your EAD yet and you may not be in a position to produce it as proof of auth for work for a new I-9. I personally think you dont need to worry about not getting paid from Oct 1st through the day of your EAD approval, as you can claim to be on 485 parolee status during this period and not H1. Please check with a qualified
attorney. I'm 99.99% sure of this.
good luck!
Hello:
Can some please help me here ?.
Iam on H4 and I applied for H1 through a consulting company and got it approved last month. I haven't got my I797 form yet.
I have applied for EAD through my husband's company. I think EAD may take few more months to get approved. My questions are:-
1. what status am I on right now ?
2. Is it true that only after getting H1 visa stamp I will be moving to H1 visa ?.
3. How to move to EAD as I don't want to pay payroll fees ?.
Thanks,
more...
gcseeker2002
08-27 04:56 PM
I sumited my wife's & my I140 and I485 together in this July 2nd, 2007. I'm the primary applicant and in EB3 category. I already got receipt and the requesting for fingerprinting. If i file a divorce now does it going to have any effect on my processing?
this is very important.
Sad to see this friend. I dont think it affects principal candidate's processing but dependant's processing may be in trouble.
this is very important.
Sad to see this friend. I dont think it affects principal candidate's processing but dependant's processing may be in trouble.
hair Nude Ants - Love And Happiness
CADude
02-21 03:12 AM
:p
As per immigration-law.com..Senate may work on CIR in March 07 and hand it over to House by APril 07....House may however sit on it for years on end...
02/18/2007: Need for Immigration Reform and Concerns with Growing Gridlock in Legislations in the Congress
The Democrats launched a new Congress with aggressive platforms and legislative agenda on January 4, 2007. Madame Pelosi of the House set the first 100-hour legislative agenda and the Senate Majority Leader, Harry Reid presented on the Senate floor ten legislative bills as top priority for the first few months of the Senate.
However, immersed in the party politics, the Congress left the Hill yesterday, Saturday, for a week long break without achieving a lot because of the gridlock it had faced in the Congress. Samo, Samo Washington politics involving the Republicans and Democrats. It practically means that the Congress wll not resume the active legislative activities until March 2007.
S. 9, the Comprehensive Immigration Reform bill, adopted by the Senate floor, is in the Judiciary Committee of the Senate. The newly elected Chairman of the Judiciary Committee, Sen. Leahy, reportedly set the CIR as one of the top agenda of the Judiciary Committee for March 2007 and the Democratic leaders reportedly determined to pass the CIR by April 2007 and quickly send it over to the House for its prompt action. How beautiful the agenda of the new Congress.
We want to watch carefully how closely the leaders of the House and Senate will follow through the agenda. In a way, from the perspectives of this immigration legislation agenda, we are relieved that the Congress was over with the most serious road block to the Congress, to wit, rebuke of Bush's resurge in Iraq.
As per immigration-law.com..Senate may work on CIR in March 07 and hand it over to House by APril 07....House may however sit on it for years on end...
02/18/2007: Need for Immigration Reform and Concerns with Growing Gridlock in Legislations in the Congress
The Democrats launched a new Congress with aggressive platforms and legislative agenda on January 4, 2007. Madame Pelosi of the House set the first 100-hour legislative agenda and the Senate Majority Leader, Harry Reid presented on the Senate floor ten legislative bills as top priority for the first few months of the Senate.
However, immersed in the party politics, the Congress left the Hill yesterday, Saturday, for a week long break without achieving a lot because of the gridlock it had faced in the Congress. Samo, Samo Washington politics involving the Republicans and Democrats. It practically means that the Congress wll not resume the active legislative activities until March 2007.
S. 9, the Comprehensive Immigration Reform bill, adopted by the Senate floor, is in the Judiciary Committee of the Senate. The newly elected Chairman of the Judiciary Committee, Sen. Leahy, reportedly set the CIR as one of the top agenda of the Judiciary Committee for March 2007 and the Democratic leaders reportedly determined to pass the CIR by April 2007 and quickly send it over to the House for its prompt action. How beautiful the agenda of the new Congress.
We want to watch carefully how closely the leaders of the House and Senate will follow through the agenda. In a way, from the perspectives of this immigration legislation agenda, we are relieved that the Congress was over with the most serious road block to the Congress, to wit, rebuke of Bush's resurge in Iraq.
more...
maximus777
10-27 06:34 PM
Thanks, I do have the copy of I-140 approval notice with receipt number and all that info.
It's hard to find employers (once again, non consulting ones) who commit to file my GC application again. At best, I get a "we'll gladly transfer your H1-B visa but no commitment on GC" sort of response. Considering a worst case scenario, if I dont have a newly approved PERM by May 2013 and my original PD (July 2008) becomes current, what happens then?
Thanks again!
It's hard to find employers (once again, non consulting ones) who commit to file my GC application again. At best, I get a "we'll gladly transfer your H1-B visa but no commitment on GC" sort of response. Considering a worst case scenario, if I dont have a newly approved PERM by May 2013 and my original PD (July 2008) becomes current, what happens then?
Thanks again!
hot Al Green - Love And Happiness
coopheal
11-05 06:46 AM
Show your confidence and support to IV by contributing.
more...
house love and happiness. quotes
Enebreus
01-19 07:36 PM
Just a quick note. I used the Box2d Library for this project so this might invalidate my entry... if that's the case I'll have to put all hope in my second entry!
tattoo love and happiness quotes.
masterji
11-26 11:44 PM
How can you get original I-129? The petitoner submits that to BCIS. All you can have is a copy. Am I right?
more...
pictures Peace, Love and Happiness
sidbee
04-17 06:27 AM
Which state are you in? In CA you can drive till one year with foreign license. In case there is a traffic violation , or for some reason he breaks a red light the fines are 3 times the regular fine since he wont hold a USA license.
Also the insurance companies have different requirements which you need to confirm with them.
are u sure its 3 times?? can u please give me the link from the point where u got this information
Also the insurance companies have different requirements which you need to confirm with them.
are u sure its 3 times?? can u please give me the link from the point where u got this information
dresses love and happiness buddha

goldbuckle
March 15th, 2006, 11:52 PM
Thanks NikNikon for the advice. I shoot everything from inside the arena so I can move between events to get the best position. Right know the strobes are out of my budget. Thanks MatsP also for your input. After your comments and talking with someone from Showcase here in Atlanta I feel much better :) about what I ended up with. This must be one of the toughest shooting environments you can come across. Do you think a bracket mounted flash would help any with the red eye? Also after 2200+ photos I am trying to learn to batch process pictures with photoshop. I am really please with how the unsharp mask helps the noise from the higher ISO. Any suggestions on batch processing tips to enhance sharpness, reduce noice and adjust levels & color are welcome. I have used photoshop for years in my printing trade but never learned it's full potential for use with photography. Also are any of you using Nikon's Picture Project? Particularly the D-lighting adjustment?
Thanks,
John
Gold Buckle Photography
Thanks,
John
Gold Buckle Photography
more...
makeup peace,love,music,happiness by
new2H1&GC
11-08 12:39 PM
Hi all,
This year I got my H1B approved with start date Oct 1st 2007 through a consultancy. I had also applied for GC in July (as derivative) and got my EAD October last week.
The consultancy hasn't placed me on project so far (it's been more than a month) , and I am concerned , if this period of "no pay" will affect my GC process in anyway.:(
The consultancy wants me to get an SSN now, because a couple of their clients want to know the SSN number before considering for projects.
Would getting an ssn number based on the H1B effect me in anyway later on.....in case it takes longer for the consultancy to assign me a project?:confused:
In the mean time I have been looking for jobs in my area , and if I find one before the consultancy assigns a project, I have decided to go ahead and use my EAD card.. and get SSN based on EAD.
Could someone please please let me know if there is any effect on GC if I get an SSN on H1B...or if I use EAD to get an SSN would it invalidate my H1B?:confused:
I would much rather be safe than sorry.
Thank you all for ur replies...
This year I got my H1B approved with start date Oct 1st 2007 through a consultancy. I had also applied for GC in July (as derivative) and got my EAD October last week.
The consultancy hasn't placed me on project so far (it's been more than a month) , and I am concerned , if this period of "no pay" will affect my GC process in anyway.:(
The consultancy wants me to get an SSN now, because a couple of their clients want to know the SSN number before considering for projects.
Would getting an ssn number based on the H1B effect me in anyway later on.....in case it takes longer for the consultancy to assign me a project?:confused:
In the mean time I have been looking for jobs in my area , and if I find one before the consultancy assigns a project, I have decided to go ahead and use my EAD card.. and get SSN based on EAD.
Could someone please please let me know if there is any effect on GC if I get an SSN on H1B...or if I use EAD to get an SSN would it invalidate my H1B?:confused:
I would much rather be safe than sorry.
Thank you all for ur replies...
girlfriend Purple love peace happiness
ivgclive
05-10 10:22 AM
VB will come today.
I am going to ask my lawyer why it is late. It is is generally on Fridays in the first week on the month.
We should hope for a good VB as it is delayed. If it was copy paste, it would have come out sooner.
What do you say?
You nailed it my friend.
I have been thinking of it for years.
It has to be discussed very seriously.
Note: Give me your lawyer email id. I will ask him to charge every question you ask, so he does not have to have any clients except you for his living.
I am going to ask my lawyer why it is late. It is is generally on Fridays in the first week on the month.
We should hope for a good VB as it is delayed. If it was copy paste, it would have come out sooner.
What do you say?
You nailed it my friend.
I have been thinking of it for years.
It has to be discussed very seriously.
Note: Give me your lawyer email id. I will ask him to charge every question you ask, so he does not have to have any clients except you for his living.
hairstyles Love Is Happiness wallpaper
NoEnd
07-09 05:43 PM
I am in the same boat here. It took a huge effort to convince new company to process H1 and now their attorney is saying they can not file H1 unless I140 and LC copies are provided. My current company does not provide those documents.
I140 approval is more than 180 days. Please help guys
Thanks
NoEnd
I140 approval is more than 180 days. Please help guys
Thanks
NoEnd
sam_hoosier
04-05 12:24 PM
Has anyone on a EAD or H1 taken a FHA house loan?
FHA Loan Refinance and FHA Home Loans | Mortgages (http://www.fha.com/)
Let FHA Loans Help You - HUD (http://www.hud.gov/buying/loans.cfm)
Would be interested in hearing your experiences.
- JK
I am on EAD and will be closing my loan (refinance) this week. I had explained my immigration status to the broker upfront, and they had no objection to moving with the loan. My lender is US Bank.
FHA Loan Refinance and FHA Home Loans | Mortgages (http://www.fha.com/)
Let FHA Loans Help You - HUD (http://www.hud.gov/buying/loans.cfm)
Would be interested in hearing your experiences.
- JK
I am on EAD and will be closing my loan (refinance) this week. I had explained my immigration status to the broker upfront, and they had no objection to moving with the loan. My lender is US Bank.
TomPlate
12-03 10:01 AM
I asked an other question which is more related to this and somebody deleted. Please answer these as it is really hard.
Here is my question,
1. After 180 days I would like to change job.
2. My I140 approved in feb 2006.
3. Company needs to file I140 amendment because my company was acquired by a giant company and they will do end of Apr 2008.
4. Can I quit before Apr 2008 will it have any issues in my Green card process.
Here is my question,
1. After 180 days I would like to change job.
2. My I140 approved in feb 2006.
3. Company needs to file I140 amendment because my company was acquired by a giant company and they will do end of Apr 2008.
4. Can I quit before Apr 2008 will it have any issues in my Green card process.
No comments:
Post a Comment